Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Xtra, would you mind sharing the adjustments you worked out with Theresa?

2. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Regarding the Mercer-type collar - make sure to specify the spread you want. I ordered such a collar on my last shirt and didn't specifically mention the spread, and it came back quite a bit narrower than I was expecting (2.5" vs 3.5", I think). Other than the spread, the collar is great (and the spread isn't a big deal so long as I'm not wearing a tie).

3. burghler

burghler Senior member

@louis You may be right about the unlined cuffs. I had seen old pictures and believe them to be unlined, but Mercer doesn't specifically say on their site.
    @bunny It's not a problem. My order is 2806
    @chuck I didn't specify the exact spread but copied and pasted a link to a picture of the Mercer collar, so hopefully that'll be sufficient. Luxire seems to be pretty good at that sort of thing. Plus I don't wear ties with any of my OCBDs but I can see how it would matter to those who do

4. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

I'm going to adjust the yoke by 1.5" in total (0.75" on each side). Will also adjust neck, bicep, waist and the back of the waist.

As this is a matter of taste, e.g. how slim I want my shirts to be, they didn't suggest other sizes than bicep to reduce by 0.5", but I think I would like the bicep even slimmer.

I always specify unlined collar and cuffs in addition to partial/no lining in the collar and I think the end result is quite nice. Will add the reference to the point-down collar which looks nice in terms of collar roll.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

5. 1969

1969 Senior member

My UPS tracking for a shirt I sent last week says "left at front door". Does this sound concerning?

6. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

why? UPS does this all the time for anything not requiring a signature.

7. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

That's how mine arrived. I guess it depends on your neighborhood and home, luckily my UPS guy always hides packages a little out of the way when they are delivered to make sure no one messes with them before I get home.

8. SonOfGloin

SonOfGloin Member

I was browsing your selection of pants, and clicked the Maroon twill fabric. Looks like it directs me to the shirt section of the page instead of the pants...

9. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Did some further research on the vintage BB and Mercer & Sons OCBDs and have found several people stating that both collars and cuffs were unlined.

10. burghler

burghler Senior member

Ok thanks for researching that. The shirt should give a pretty accurate idea of how the old Ivy OCBD can be reproduced then. I'll definitely keep you updated on how it turns out.

11. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

12. 1969

1969 Senior member

I meant for the shirt I sent to Luxire to use for measurements. I would assume that those packages would be signed for.

13. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry, misread that. I'd assume it is safe on their end, I'd guess after the shirt was delivered to Luxire they would be responsible if anything happened to it. Hopefully you'll get a confirmation from them that it was received shortly.

14. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

15. Xtra

Xtra Senior member