• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xtra, would you mind sharing the adjustments you worked out with Theresa?

chuckb

Reaction score
Regarding the Mercer-type collar - make sure to specify the spread you want. I ordered such a collar on my last shirt and didn't specifically mention the spread, and it came back quite a bit narrower than I was expecting (2.5" vs 3.5", I think). Other than the spread, the collar is great (and the spread isn't a big deal so long as I'm not wearing a tie).

burghler

Reaction score
@louis You may be right about the unlined cuffs. I had seen old pictures and believe them to be unlined, but Mercer doesn't specifically say on their site.
@bunny It's not a problem. My order is 2806
@chuck I didn't specify the exact spread but copied and pasted a link to a picture of the Mercer collar, so hopefully that'll be sufficient. Luxire seems to be pretty good at that sort of thing. Plus I don't wear ties with any of my OCBDs but I can see how it would matter to those who do

Xtra

Reaction score
Xtra, would you mind sharing the adjustments you worked out with Theresa?

I'm going to adjust the yoke by 1.5" in total (0.75" on each side). Will also adjust neck, bicep, waist and the back of the waist.

As this is a matter of taste, e.g. how slim I want my shirts to be, they didn't suggest other sizes than bicep to reduce by 0.5", but I think I would like the bicep even slimmer.

I always specify unlined collar and cuffs in addition to partial/no lining in the collar and I think the end result is quite nice. Will add the reference to the point-down collar which looks nice in terms of collar roll.

Last edited:

MattSF

Reaction score
My UPS tracking for a shirt I sent last week says "left at front door". Does this sound concerning?

That's how mine arrived. I guess it depends on your neighborhood and home, luckily my UPS guy always hides packages a little out of the way when they are delivered to make sure no one messes with them before I get home.

SonOfGloin

Reaction score
I was browsing your selection of pants, and clicked the Maroon twill fabric. Looks like it directs me to the shirt section of the page instead of the pants...

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did some further research on the vintage BB and Mercer & Sons OCBDs and have found several people stating that both collars and cuffs were unlined.

burghler

Reaction score
Did some further research on the vintage BB and Mercer & Sons OCBDs and have found several people stating that both collars and cuffs were unlined.

Ok thanks for researching that. The shirt should give a pretty accurate idea of how the old Ivy OCBD can be reproduced then. I'll definitely keep you updated on how it turns out.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's how mine arrived. I guess it depends on your neighborhood and home, luckily my UPS guy always hides packages a little out of the way when they are delivered to make sure no one messes with them before I get home.  

I meant for the shirt I sent to Luxire to use for measurements. I would assume that those packages would be signed for.

MattSF

Reaction score

I meant for the shirt I sent to Luxire to use for measurements. I would assume that those packages would be signed for.

Ah, sorry, misread that. I'd assume it is safe on their end, I'd guess after the shirt was delivered to Luxire they would be responsible if anything happened to it. Hopefully you'll get a confirmation from them that it was received shortly.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads