• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding Fresco suitings, have a go at this article: www.gentlemansgazette.com/fresco-wool-fabric-suit-outfit/

I haven't a pair of trousers in Fresco yet, but what I've read and seen has convinced me. I'm going to try the fabric this spring and summer, most likely ordering from Luxire. Just waiting for my first order to arrive to check fit.

Edit: typo. D'oh.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
Fresco and flannel are probably the two most beloved fabrics on the forums. And Minnis makes great ones. I have a few suits in the 9/10 oz stuff, which I love. I haven't tried the other two weights or their flannel, but I've ordered a pair of the lightweight fresco and the flannels from Luxire.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire keeps making it harder to not order. Has anyone tried sending in an item (pants here) to be measured and copied, but with slight adjustments? In my case, taking in the bottom of the seat and the waist, slightly. Did it turn out ok?

mattcritchlow

Reaction score
Fresco and flannel are probably the two most beloved fabrics on the forums. And Minnis makes great ones. I have a few suits in the 9/10 oz stuff, which I love. I haven't tried the other two weights or their flannel, but I've ordered a pair of the lightweight fresco and the flannels from Luxire.
Agreed, the Minnis and Dugdale offerings are widely respected and great fabrics. And the pricing from Luxire, for the quality of work I've seen so far, is quite impressive.

While waiting on my second order from Luxire, I am contemplating a few pair of spring/summer (San Diego) trousers in unlined Fresco. Leaning towards a pair of the light grey 9/10oz (0546) and debating either the new sand color (0549) or the wheat(0519). Can't tell which of the colors would be more flexible and useful between sand and wheat.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same. This was for an order placed on 2/12. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
The delivery got changed to Monday. The FedEx tracker through Luxire's email DOES say to give it time to present accurate stats. It first said Wednesday, then Friday, now Monday. No big deal.

I'm selfish. I want this stuff so I can order more! :) I sent in a shirt for them to take the measurements from, with a few differences noted on a paper in the box as well as a few emails. I'm so stoked.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire keeps making it harder to not order. Has anyone tried sending in an item (pants here) to be measured and copied, but with slight adjustments? In my case, taking in the bottom of the seat and the waist, slightly. Did it turn out ok?
I sent in a shirt, pants and coat. Already had the shirt made with reasonably significant adjustments. Came out extremely well.

kcox68

Reaction score
The delivery got changed to Monday. The FedEx tracker through Luxire's email DOES say to give it time to present accurate stats. It first said Wednesday, then Friday, now Monday. No big deal.

I'm selfish. I want this stuff so I can order more! :) I sent in a shirt for them to take the measurements from, with a few differences noted on a paper in the box as well as a few emails. I'm so stoked.
FedEx does seem to be having some issues with accuracy lately. I posted yesterday about how they were listing my shipment as "N/A" but then they tried to deliver it today while I was out. If we weren't experiencing some heavy snowfall I'd head over to the depot and pick it up, but as it is, I'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see how my new shirt fits.

Xtra

Reaction score
I think that I got the fit almost dialed in on my Luxire shirts but I think the shoulders are a bit off. This is something I wouldn't worry much about in RTW but when I'm doing MTM, I "want" more in terms of shirt fit.

The shoulder seam is at 2 as you can see, but I think it would be better if they are at point 1 in the picture. Point one is about where the top of my shoulders start sloping downwards. Is this an OK assesment as to where the shoulder seam should lie if I want a "standard" shirt shoulder.

And to get to where the shoulders seams are at point 1, I should reduce the yoke measurement, right? The current yoke measurement is 19.25" but I'm a bit unsure how much to change it. I might go down to 18.50, but that is of course difficult for you guys to have an opinion of based solely on this picture.

Does changing the yoke affect the fit of the rest of the shirt, meaning that I should alter other measurements as a result of that?

Last edited:

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I have a very similar question regarding how yoke and chest interact. Can anyone enlighten us?

(Note to Xtra: sleeve measurements will clearly be affected, as sleeve measurements are from cuff to shoulder seam or from cuff to middle of yoke--either way they will need to be increased if you reduce yoke measurement.)

Rankiz

Reaction score

I think that I got the fit almost dialed in on my Luxire shirts but I think the shoulders are a bit off. This is something I wouldn't worry much about in RTW but when I'm doing MTM, I "want" more in terms of shirt fit. The shoulder seam is at 2 as you can see, but I think it would be better if they are at point 1 in the picture. Point one is about where the top of my shoulders start sloping downwards. Is this an OK assesment as to where the shoulder seam should lie if I want a "standard" shirt shoulder. And to get to where the shoulders seams are at point 1, I should reduce the yoke measurement, right? The current yoke measurement is 19.25" but I'm a bit unsure how much to change it. I might go down to 18.50, but that is of course difficult for you guys to have an opinion of based solely on this picture. Does changing the yoke affect the fit of the rest of the shirt, meaning that I should alter other measurements as a result of that? [ATTACHMENT=5569]IMGP2032.JPG (255k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Maybe you should try and contact Luxire themselves before asking more than one place? Because they have a whole team that sits down and discuss what changes they think should be made to the fit of the shirt and are generally very helpful and knowledgable. Your yoke is too long, your armhole is too long, sleeve width is way too wide, so much to fix for your next order, if you had taken a picture of the whole shirt it would also be easier to see if you need to lengthen the shirt length and sleeve length.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads