1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

So you paid to send it back despite their mistake? Their customer service is really terrible...

2. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

So you just sent it back at your expense? I'm not willing to pay over $50 for a mistake they made...
    Thi is really terrible customer service and quality control!

3. ashjini

ashjini Well-Known Member

Really admire a newbie's ability to abuse a business publicly with nothing to lose and when we will never know if there is any amount of truth in what is being said.

4 people like this.
  4. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Not exactly. It went back with other sample shirts and came back to me with other orders so it piggybacked with shipments that were already going to happen. However, it is their policy that you pay to send back to their forwarder in NJ so yeah, it behooves everyone to get the measurements right.

5. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Uh, that's called capitalism buddy and that's the way market forces work. It's not the first time that subject has come up on this forum either. It is what it is. Luxire is new and they are going to have issues from time to time and they'll have to work on it to keep a degree of loyalty.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  6. Teger

Teger Senior member

just spoke with luxire and the pant issue is my fault (i'm a moron), but they're nicely going to remake anyway. will be placing another shirt order soon as well.

7. ashjini

ashjini Well-Known Member

I have a few clothes made by them and have had a few exchanges with customer service. From my experience and what I read on the forum, the abuse is misdirected.

Proof is right below. If I am not wrong, he had earlier said that his pant was 7" smaller in the waist, but he is being a gentleman in admitting his mistake. The earlier comment may have scared some to-be customers due to no fault of the business. That is where it is wrong.

You can be sure that the newbie will not come and admit he was wrong. He would rather create a new login and behave nothing happened.

8. cyclonus

cyclonus Member

May i ask if you did anything special to get the fit right, as i am in the same crew when it comes to large, sloping shoulder/prominent traps and a large neck size.

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

You don't say!

10. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

[​IMG] WhIch trouser fabric would that be?

11. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

I did send my measurements right, it was their mistake completely in my case!

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

just measured a shirt i liked, then adjusted the measurements. will be placing another shirt order and hopefully after that will have the fit dialed in. that shirt is at the tailor right now having the sleeves slimmed a little.

13. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The Grey Wool Flannel

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

It's an online bespoke shop. Their website states clearly that if it is wrong, it's still your responsibility to pay shipping. Nothing more to say there, it's the risk you take. I won't be going anywhere else for shirts in the foreseeable future. They're working on pants as well and when that's right, then they will be my vendor for posts as well. It's better to settle this with them than whine on the forum. The lesson I learned the hard way. . You just end up on the low road.

1 person likes this.
  15. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Pants.

On my cell, sorry.

Another thing.. If it's their fault and you pay shipping, sure that's a pain. But remember they will redo a shirt that's not their fault at the same cost. That's pretty cool.

I've sent Theresa some pushy emails and she always makes me feel small by replying with top notch customer service responses.

16. fc82nyc

fc82nyc Member

Well to me this just means not taking responsibility for their mistake.

17. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

They're remaking it for you, right? Not telling you to go somewhere else or pay for a new shirt? Better than Indochino from what I've heard.

Do this.. Order a new shirt with the right measurements.. Or with the fixes (+1in, -.5in, etc). If it's wrong, order a new one with more fixes. When it's finally right, ship the bad ones back for $20 total.

I have a shirt that's unwearable (my bad measurements) and I'm waiting on my next order to come in, which has a pair of pants. If they're wrong, I'll order a new pair. Once it's right, the shirt and pants are going back together.

18. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Thats not accurate either though. Trust me, if they have to redo a shirt it is costing them time, money and opportunity cost. They want to avoid it just as much as we do. I agree with Jester about a certain amount risk one has to accept in the process. That being said, if there are consistent issues, theyneed to be discussed. There could be QC problem afoot...that's not good for anybody.

19. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Some of my mop buttons are more iridescent than others, small or large. I think that's just the way it is w/ a natural material.

This is key.

They stated their policy clearly. You bought a shirt, thus agreeing to their policy. You're making the mistake of not upholding your end of the bargain.

Chan and other well-regarded companies have the same policy. I had to send back a sport coat recently that had three mistakes. Someone else recently wrote on SF that they made him a pair of pants w/ the pleats going one way on one side and the other on the other side. He had to ship it back to them at his own expense.

No matter who's at fault, the customer pays for shipping the garment back to them. They cover the cost of the alterations and return shipping. It does suck when the mistake is not one's own. But that's the agreement one made. If you want a company to pay for shipping both ways, they'll have to increase the cost of all garments. There are always tradeoffs in life.

20. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Theresa agreed, the small buttons were off at my shirt.
    Not only they had a different color but also shape compared to the ones on the placket.
    The replacement buttons that came with my second shirt were fine.

Am curious what my two shirt remakes will come with as I did not like the new buttons that were attached to my second order.
    I am against thick buttons, they are a pain to button up, you can see them through sweaters and their looks are against the simplicity I am going for.