Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I find the tri stripe oxford I have to make me sweat a little when the weather is slightly warmer.

2. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

I think something that might be helpful for you to put on your website is a set of pictures with captions outlining all your collar choices.

I have several shirts with the #1738 collar, for example, and it would be nice to compare that with shirts having other collars, like the basic English spread collar etc.

That way we could narrow down what collar styles we'd be interested.

It might save a lot of back-and-forth emails initially.

3. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Agree, should be very easy to make up a gallery of collars with collar stand and collar point measurements.

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Excellent idea. Will try and get started. May get collars made of different types for the mannequin and take images so that the comparison can be linear.

May be:
    A particular collar type with different heights, keeping points the same and different point sizes keeping height the same.

Another collar type with fused, unfused soft and hard options.

5. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

All the classic oxford fabrics I have swatches of from Luxire are definitely on the thick/heavy side.
    That's how I prefer my OCBDs to be, but I agree they could be too warm for summer.
    I have not gotten my hands on swatches of the royal oxfords, but I expect them to be noticeably thinner.

6. YourArsenal

YourArsenal Well-Known Member

I have a swatch of the 'perfect Monday shirt' royal oxford, and it's certainly much thinner and lighter than the warzone oxfords. Haven't had a shirt made in it (yet), so I can't comment on how they wear in warmer temperatures. Haven't had any warm weather yet either, for that matter…
    Light poplins or linens or linen/cotton blends would be better for summer. I have a couple of linen/cotton swatches and they look great.

7. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

+1, this would be super helpful.

8. MarcHulsebosch

MarcHulsebosch Member

Like itraxx' post, mine was inserted a few pages back after being checked. Could you tell me if you expect to find such a fabric?

9. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

thanks for the suggestions. i guess ordering a few swatches might help me figure out some options for next round of shirts

10. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

I'm also interested in a fabric such as the above, but lighter than a standard oxford. Is something similar currently offered or will it be in the future?

11. luxire

[​IMG]

Would then recommend the Pale Pink Royal Oxford. Would not be very different in weight than a twill, certainly lighter than our classic oxford.

12. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I have swatches of the Pale Pink Royal Oxford ( and a shirt made with it on order). It is certainly much finer, thinner and lighter than a classic Oxford and should work well for summer when regular Oxford is too much.

I also have a swatch of the above blue stripe fabric by Alumo and agree that it is fantastic - that will be my next order.

14. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

My first shirt arrived today. It fits pretty well, a little tight around the torso, but I can live with that. The quality is immaculate, I'm very happy with the workmanship.

The forearms of my shirt is a little blousey. It doesn't seem to taper like my other shirts. is there an option in which I can request slimmer forearms?

15. luxire

Yes, forearm can be made slimmer on request. Though it is not part of the 10 standard measurements we ask for, you can request the same or for that matter any change to any aspect of the shirt, in the notes.