1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

For a dedicated blazer, I'd go three patch, lapped seams. For a blazer suit, it's evenly matched imo.

2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

as much as I know triple patch is casual, I hate the patch breast pocket. Never got around to liking it.

2 people like this.
  3. emptym

I like it on everything but formal suits. I'm pretty thin, and I think adds a bit of fullness. Plus, I like lapped seams, and they go best w/ three patch pockets imo. [​IMG] (all shirts, some pants and a couple jackets by Luxire in the photos above and below)
    [​IMG] Here's a pic w/ one of the first two Luxire custom shirts ever made, I believe: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    10 people like this.
  4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks for the comments guys, I really like the look of the jacket in the first pic above @emptym, I think that's selling me on the triple patch and lapped seams. That's a Luxire jacket? I've actually never had a jacket with a patch breast pocket and I've been wanting to try one out for a while, and I think this might be a good opportunity to do that. I'm not getting the jacket as part of a Blazersuit, it will be worn strictly as a blazer with odd trou.

1 person likes this.
  5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I typically concur with emptym, but patch breast pockets are definitely not my thing. Two patch hip pockets and welt breast pocket is ideal for casual jackets IMO.

5 people like this.
  6. emptym

^Ah, another reason to get patch pockets, Beatlegeuse. :devil: JK, SB.

That first jacket's from Chan. In those pics only the last two, deconstructed ones are Luxire. So far all my jackets from Luxire have been deconstructed, since I'd been really wanting to try some deconstructed jackets and no one seemed to be willing to make them. But we all know Luxire's policy on that. :D

When Luxire started making jackets, I already had ten from Chan, and I haven't ordered another from them since. I felt like I had enough constructed jackets until recently, so now I have a navy fresco blazersuit in the pipeline at Luxire. It'll have light canvassing. Probably be welt breast with single, pick stitching, since I have a finmeresco three patch blazersuit and I could use a good "interview" suit that was a bit more formal. Although, I did get married in the three patch one.

Triple patch, lapped seams, and 3 roll 2 fronts all go together so well, imo. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

7. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

I have to agree with you. I can't bring myself to like the triple patch pocket look.

8. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I love patch breast pockets if there are two, though:

[​IMG]

9. emptym

Here's a pic of the three patch finmeresco:

[​IMG]

Edit: This was the first jacket from C and subsequent ones had more rounded patches and quarters. Pants are sagging a bit and wouldn't normally have so much break.

1 person likes this.
  10. emptym

Great pic of Mossrockss posted by Jsoftz in another thread:

[​IMG]

I don't love flapped patches but they can look good as they do here on on the P Johnson site. One thing I prefer strongly is for the lower pockets to begin level with the bottom front button and end pretty close to the hem (1/25-1.75"), as they do in this pic.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  11. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

100% agree with this post.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

My incoming jacket has this configuration, so I'll see how I like that. That's pretty much the norm for me, but I'm looking to try something different so all my jackets don't look the same as I start buying more. The only one I have now that I get any significant use out of is a navy Hopsack blazer from KW that has patch pockets and welt chest pocket.

And of course I'll have to wait to decide anyway because I just checked the tracking and my expected delivery went from arriving at 10:30am today to N/A.

13. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

I know the feel

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. emptym

+1, B. Both are good imo. Other than 0, 2, or 3 patch, flapped or open, and double vs single stitching, other things to consider are machine vs pick stitching, and, if pick stitched, how visible. Personally, I don't like flaps because I think they add too much bulk at the hips, w/o offering much function -- unless they're buttoned, which I've considered for travel jackets but have never gotten, since internal pockets can hold all I want on my person. Before discovering SF, I had machine-stitched jackets w/ three patches and pick-stitched jackets w/ two patches. The former were US-made, trad jackets and the latter Italian or "Italian style." Iirc, that was a pretty common, traditional distinction and I've stuck with it. But I do think double pick stitching can be nice, as on the beautiful NMWA jacket Greg posted in the cloth thread, quoted below. Those stitches are a maybe bit more visible than I'd prefer, but that's probably due in part to the lighting/editing:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    2 people like this.
  15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Got my stuff from the Linen sale. The G&R linen cotton is very very nice. Not too rough or slubby.

1 person likes this.
  16. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

My linen sale stuff is shipping out next week and I cant wait. Pair of linen cotton pants and a linen cotton chambray shirt.

17. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

I've never specified collar stiffness and lining but feel I need to.

Basically I'm ordering a lightweight cotton casual shirt with a semi-spread collar. I want the collar to hold its shape under a jacket but not look like cardboard. Does medium stiffness and soft lining sound reasonable? I almost just want to tell Luxire what I want and trust their judgment.

Thoughts much appreciated.

18. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

4 people like this.
  19. LuxireStudio

LuxireStudio Senior member

20. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member