1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. LoKey

LoKey Senior member

That's what I was thinking too. I do wish that there were more images of the VBC fabrics. I looked for a few completed garments made in the blueberry hopsack, and it looks significantly brighter than pictured on the website.

If anyone has suggestions for other places online to look at the fabric swatches before the promotion ends, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, my orders aren't going through, any one have any luck with it?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

The cream mohair blend seems like it'd make great pants for summer wear w/ a fresco or linen jacket.
    Oh, I ordered it when I was visiting in Bangalore, so I don't have an order number. But Ashish may know. Or you could probably just say "emptym's black jacket."

I wouldn't want taped seams, as tape is adds bulk and rigidity, and it's usually the first thing to go, ime at least. Plus, Ventile recommends using double lapped seams in their construction guidelines, along with a very fine needle and some other things.

3. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Anyone having trouble adding an item to their cart? I click on the "add to cart" button and nothing happens.

4. Virchow

Virchow Well-Known Member

That happened to me for pants but not shirts the other day. The items were actually added to the cart but nothing popped up on the screen.

5. thejoker

thejoker Well-Known Member

Me too

6. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

Sometimes I have had had happen when the fabric is out of stock. Does this happen to you for all fabrics or only some?

7. Big Bird

Big Bird Senior member

Took this opportunity to add some basics.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. computingboy91

computingboy91 Senior member

For the VBC flannels, does anybody know whether they are s120 or something else? The fabrics I am interested in are the 599101 ones.

Thanks.

9. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Good deal on the VBC. Bought the cream mohair, and a couple of the S120 2-plys.

Would have picked up a bunch of flannels too, but I need summer-weight things much more right now.

10. LoKey

LoKey Senior member

Is rust still available? No luck so far.

11. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

Thanks @emptym . I didn't realize that Ventile has some specific construction requirements like this, and it does look as though taped seams might not be ideal with Ventile. I will still ask about the internal, cape though.

1 person likes this.
  12. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Discount valid on Jackets too. Will be $600 / $700 in the fabrics in the 2 price ranges.

Yes, can be done.

1 person likes this.
  13. luxire

Items adding to cart in the background.

14. luxire

S120s Flannel

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Finally picked up my H&S tweed trousers from the tailor today, they were about 0.5" too long so I had to have them shortened a tad. I've made the change on my next order so I think my pant pattern is fully nailed down now.

The fabric on these is really incredible, and my crappy photography does not do these any justice. Too bad it's already too warm to wear these here, so I'll have to wait until next winter to really get some use out of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21 people like this.
  16. luxire

Yes, available

17. computingboy91

computingboy91 Senior member

Thanks, @luxire.

Took the chance to revamp my flannel wardrobe! Although another season until I can wear them, I certainly do hope that summer comes to London soon.

1x Summer Wool Mohair Grey
    1x Flannels Grey
    1x Flannels Mid Grey

1 person likes this.
  18. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Fabric looks beautiful and you definitely nailed the trouser fit. Mind posting the thigh, knee, and hem measurements to get an idea on the tapering? Waiting on my second pair of trousers to arrive after a few tweaks. Ordered single reverse pleat on both but your results may convince me to go flat front if I still do not like how the pleats are on this new pair.

Still waiting to have my trousers from the Black Friday sale produced, so I would feel guilty buying some of the VBC summer fabrics and having the production on those held as well. Luxire has been very accommodating along the way.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  19. mortgagebank

mortgagebank Senior member

I'm in for the Blueberry, Summer Grey and Rust.

PS - High res pictures of these fabrics in different lighting can be found by clicking on HERE

3 people like this.
  20. variancelog

variancelog Senior member

Thanks for posting this!