• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The flannel jacket will have the lightest possible handsewn canvassing. I don't think I'd go w/o a canvas and haircloth on fresco. It's way too drapey. On cotton twill, or something fairly stiff and/or thick, I think you could go unstructured. But I could be wrong.

Thanks for the advice. I don't own any Fresco jackets yet, just one pair of trousers, so I wasn't sure how well it would hold up if I went unstructured. I was leaning towards going with canvassing, so that's probably what I'll end up doing.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Luxire can get a hold of celulare, a la this Sid shirt?

We did / do have one in white, will need to look for it.

Will check if available from Grandi too.

Wade

Reaction score
Been a while since i last ordered from Luxire and im at the checkout page and for shipping i see that there's options for free and one for USA-$15.
I remember talks of customs a while back so can anyone tell me the difference between the two? Is the free option just take your risk with customs and the USA-$15 customs included?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, just ordered some swatches. 

Pant swatches are also available except for Minnis right? 

Minnis swatches are hit and miss - I've requested some in the past and Luxire had some available so they sent them to me. But if really want some Minnis fabrics, check out the Huddersfield Fine Worsteds website. You can order swatches, up to 5 at a time, for free. And they have every Minnis swatch.

GuP

Reaction score
What difference between the chest width, midsection width and bottom width on an untucked shirt looks ideal?

I have a shirt with chest at 21.5inch, midsection at 17.5inch and bottom 23inch. The shirt looks good tucked only. If you take it out, it looks really strange...

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What difference between the chest width, midsection width and bottom width on an untucked shirt looks ideal?

I have a shirt with chest at 21.5inch, midsection at 17.5inch and bottom 23inch. The shirt looks good tucked only. If you take it out, it looks really strange...

Yeah that is way, waaaay too much of a difference between the chest and waist, and waist and bottom.. I imagine it looks very feminine when untucked. I'd also wager that it isn't very comfortable when tucked in and sitting down and the placket buckles (unless you have a body-builder-esque chest to waist ratio). It must be super slim.

Here is mine (I don't have an overly prominent chest, mind you). I use this for all shirts other than popovers.

Chest 21"
Back Waist 19.50"
Front Waist 20.50"
Bottom 21.5"

The result for me is the right balance of slim yet comfortable. Higher rise trousers help with this.

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anyone wanting a pair of dark green trousers, graphite green cotton is the way to go!

Mine arrived today. In a word, fantastic. One or two minor fit tweaks are necessary, but Luxire have done a fantastic job. They look and feel like trousers 5 times the price! I'll be ordering more from the 235gms/8oz range for sure.

ammanati

Reaction score
To anyone wanting a pair of dark green trousers, graphite green cotton is the way to go!

Mine arrived today. In a word, fantastic. One or two minor fit tweaks are necessary, but Luxire have done a fantastic job. They look and feel like trousers 5 times the price! I'll be ordering more from the 235gms/8oz range for sure.
Is it that one? Have you got a swatch? Is it more green in reality? I am interested in green trousers and ordered few swatches already but haven't tried this one

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah that is way, waaaay too much of a difference between the chest and waist, and waist and bottom.. I imagine it looks very feminine when untucked. I'd also wager that it isn't very comfortable when tucked in and sitting down and the placket buckles (unless you have a body-builder-esque chest to waist ratio). It must be super slim.

Here is mine (I don't have an overly prominent chest, mind you). I use this for all shirts other than popovers.

Chest 21"
Back Waist 19.50"
Front Waist 20.50"
Bottom 21.5"

The result for me is the right balance of slim yet comfortable. Higher rise trousers help with this.

Yeah my measurements are similar, just a little bit bigger:

Chest: 22.75"
Waist: 20.25" (plus darts in the back)
Bottom hem: 21.75

This looks fine tucked or untucked IMO

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it that one? Have you got a swatch? Is it more green in reality? I am interested in green trousers and ordered few swatches already but haven't tried this one

That's the one. I didn't even get a swatch when I ordered these, just took a gamble. I'll post a picture here when I wear the pants out!

dplayer33

Reaction score
So I am on to my second shirt through luxire and still have some tweeking to go.

Can any one advise me on what I need to change?

How do I change the back to make it less billowy?

And is the chest to tight? I think the sleeves could be a bit shorter and looser.

Thanks!

Edit: Been lurking here for a year without posting!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads