Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I'm looking to order a blue dress shirt to wear with a suit. Any thoughts on the following options: Business Pale Blue End on End; Blue Pinpoint Oxford; or Blue Royal Oxford 80/2? A different fabric that I've missed?

2. mortgagebank

mortgagebank Senior member

Hello - Long time lurker, first time poster. I apologize if this has already been addressed but does anyone know if Luxire will make suit pants from material provided by the customer? I'm having the suit jacket made locally...

Just wanted to sign off thanking the styleforum community. Only wish I'd found it 10 years ago.

Best,
    mortgagebank

3. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

From what I've heard, yes, Luxire could make this happen.

4. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yup, they'll do stuff from your fabric. I think they said it costs ~ $99, please correct me if I'm wrong @luxire.

5. mortgagebank

Thanks for the speedy replies. I hope this isn't too off topic but is consensus that Luxire does a good job copying pants provided by a customer?

6. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Consensus is that Luxire gives an amazing product, provided you give them accurate measurements and reasonably detailed instructions.

Sure, there have been some unhappy customers, but I bet a lot of them could attribute their product insatisfaction to communication mishap or body measurements errors.

But, as with most MTM services, surely you can't expect a bespoke-like fit the first time around. So, start with an inexpensive cloth and by your 2nd or 3rd order, you should have you fit nailed pretty accurately, giving your weight doesn't fluctuate much year round.

7. mortgagebank

Thanks ShawnBC. While this won't be my first MTM experience it will be the first one done from a different Continent. I'm hoping to flatten the inherent learning curve by providing a pair of pants that fit me really well (standard OTR Belvest) and my own fabric picked up on the cheap (scored several yards of a beautiful gray Minnis Fresco at the Billy Reid NYC sample sale).

Regardless, I am prepared to invest in the process of building a long term relationship...

8. STL Metropolis

STL Metropolis Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel any better I have done the opposite - I order pants with additional fabric length to make a jacket in the future from a local tailor.

9. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Just hoping my previous experience with Luxire can help others save a few coins during the trial process.

Body measurements are really hard and a huge gamble, so just send in your best fitting-shirt.

In terms of dress shirts, just prepare to use the first 3 shirts as trial shirts (always taper in small increments as you may possibly salvage your shirt by tapering via a local tailor whereas if the shirt is too small, it's most likely a ruined shirt.

Once you dial your shirt to your liking, ordering shirts can get pretty addictive - you can customize pretty much anything and everything in high quality fabrics at a reasonable cost.

10. razl

razl Senior member

Lucky you + smart thinking!

11. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

They're working on one for me now, a cmt of some wool flannel I washed and dried as an experiment. I'll post pics when it arrives. I'm also about to send the heavy linen upholstery fabric. After that, I'll probably go w/ a Minnis fresco suit in navy or oxford gray.

I sent in a Chan jacket for the first couple jackets I got, and I'll send in another one w/ a boat-shaped breast pocket as the pattern for the suit.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ what specs did you use for this jacket, fully canvassed, unstructured, or some other design? I'm not sure if I want to get my Fresco suit canvassed or unstructured.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  13. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

The flannel jacket will have the lightest possible handsewn canvassing. I don't think I'd go w/o a canvas and haircloth on fresco. It's way too drapey. On cotton twill, or something fairly stiff and/or thick, I think you could go unstructured. But I could be wrong.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  14. bullrams

bullrams Senior member

So I tell him to make the collar per order #7817 if I want that? Thanks!

15. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Yes but please mention the shirt fabric. I ordered more than one and each had different collar. No problem!