1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

I fully agree, mine it's extremley bold like a lady shirt as I said before:

[​IMG]

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

^ did you send a picture of what you wanted the shirring to look like? IME you can't use vague terms like "subtle" and expect Luxire to know exactly what you want. On one of my earliest orders with Luxire I asked for a spread collar, and it didn't turn out the way I wanted, but that's because I didn't provide enough exact details an measurements.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Judging by the picture above, your reaction seems a bit disproportionate. When you ask for a shirred sleeve, that's kinda what I expect to see. Also, will you not be wearing a jacket with this shirt?

4. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior Member

While I agree with you in that the person who made the error should pay for shipping, Luxire's website does say that whether the fault lies in the buyer or seller, the buyer will pay for return shipping. It's an additional risk the buyer has to take on, and something that one should have considered before going into it. They operate on very small margins to do what they're doing with their prices, and are already taking a loss with these remakes. Pros and cons of this sort of attractive pricing.

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Yeah, I sent a picture. It might not look like much, but if you see it in 3D it's very noticeable. My girlfriend was laughing at me for wearing the puffy shirt from Seinfeld. Shirring should only be noticeable from up close, maximum a meter away.
    Most people do take their jacket off at times. I don't know about you, but I don't like sitting at my desk for 12 hours with my jacket on.

This is how it should look, barely noticable. Not big bumps and ridges:
    [​IMG]

6. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

In the office no but this is not and argument because in that case I should accept any kind of shirt,no?

Please don't judge mi reaction because the shirred sleeve is not the only matter.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

+1000 to this. The buyer should be aware of all policies regarding remakes or other issues before buying. If you don't like the policy, don't buy. I you didn't know the policy, that's the buyer's fault for not researching the policies before buying. If you want a remake, follow Luxire's rules and get a remake. If you don't want a remake, throw the shirt away and buy somewhere else with a better policy. Oh wait, that doesn't exist...

8. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

This picture:

[​IMG]

9. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

You are right in your argument.

Because of the price I assumed the risk but I think that it is not fair, once and no more.

10. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Does anyone remember the pic of MaoMao1980 in a shirt with aggressive shirring? I think it's a recent Neapolitan trend, and some people may have pushed Luxire to make their shirring more like that. Their original shirring was very subtle. Fwiw, I have a heavy linen shirt from Luxire and it has pretty heavy shirring on the sleeves. I like it for that. But I wouldn't order a dress shirt w/ shirring.

If anyone could find the MaoMao pic, I'd appreciate it.

11. Spurious

Spurious Senior Member

You need to upload a picutre from the same perspective to convince me that Luxire did not make a mistake but your description of what you wanted was just terrible. This looks like the shirring you received.

12. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

I strongly disagree what you said in relation to the description because it is a very clear and good picture, and also specified that I wanted a soft shirring.

I am not trying to convince you nor anybody just show the pictures and everyone can draw a conclusion.

The main problem with the shirring, that is not the main problem of the shirt, is that there is a lot of fabric that create a massive volume in the area more typical than women dressed:

[​IMG]

13. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior Member

IT WAS YOUR FIRST SHIRT! Stop complaining and realize it wasn't going to be perfect and fix it going forward.

The fact that you have lost patience after one shirt shows you did not have realistic expectations.

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Have you washed the shirt? If not, then please try that and see if the sleeves settle down a bit.

15. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

I will be complaining as many times as I consider, so please don't tell me what I have to do.

I didn' t like the way Luxire threated me saying that some of my queries were subjectived issues, the collar for example.