Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

Probablly my fault to try online mtm, maybe the first and the last time...

This shirt I can not wear it.

2. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

Even the "possible" folded efect I think they are not similar in any case, this one from luxire as well is more similar in my opinion

[​IMG]

3. Synthetic

Synthetic Member

If it's definitely the wrong collar and/or your instructions were not followed, ask for a remake. I once got a spearpoint when I asked for a semi-spread, so they re-made the collar free of charge (I had to pay $5 to ship the incorrectly made shirt to New Jersey).

4. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

As a bespoke shirtmaker with the tittle of it on Naples , i would ask for a refund, the diagonal wrinkles that also make a hump like are due to not correction of this person extreme slopped shoulders. If he asked and sent pics as he say, the brand should refund as they won´t executed his orders properly.

But there are other problems with this online webs, some might not been able to do this delicate operations, as well as the collar. I guess the operator has a few minutes per shirt on the computer, and his cutting program might lack of the options. I am not familiar with CAD like software and then the laser cutting hardware, but for what i see on this companies, models seem to look very close on from other and with the few custom operations available for shaping bodies out of the perfect shapes.

Collars come precutted with a few models already from the interlining factory, unless they have virgyn rolls to cut by hand the new developed collar for the client ( and price sure won´t be the same due to the time and skill needed ) that i ignore if is the case with this brand.

They should have informed him of the impossibility to do and would have save time to the customer, to the brand itself, and also avoid losing clients and name this way. But that is my personal opinion, for what i see around on all kind of business, seems not very shared around.

The collar is totally different from requested, one is wide spread, delivered is medium peak. It´s very well shaped as surely comes, as i said, from precutted interlinings with shapes very well studied by the few interling existing brands.

What did the shirtmaker brand say?

Edited, is true that the collar that other forum person posted has a similar shape as the requested by the customer, so the brand had it already, but delivered was another.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

5. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

Luxire certainly is not another run of the mill online webs shirtmaker brand. And if there is one thing they are known for than it's their history of fulfilling even the zaniest requests.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And they most certainly offer custom collars. Both fused and unfused. They offer interlining from Wendler and threads from Gütermann.

You draw it, they make it. Here are just a couple of their collar designs. But you know these already since you wouldn't have commented in, without having read, this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unlike good bespoke, MTM might need a couple iterations. One can't expect a perfect product on the first try when the tailor sits 6000 miles away from the client. But MTM is a process. And the end result of a MTM relationship can be something that is on par with bespoke.

how's your bespoke shirtmaker business, of which you have a title, in Naples doing? have you squashed beef with Gianni Cerruti?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014

6. bullrams

bullrams Senior member

And they most certainly offer custom collars. Both fused and unfused. They offer interlining from Wendler and threads from Gütermann. You draw it, they make it. Here are just a couple of their collar designs. But you know these already since you wouldn't have commented in, without having read, this thread.
    Details on these collars please?

7. GrensonMan

GrensonMan Senior member

Thank you for the compliment.

The fabric is Soft White Herringbone. Haha I'm actually going to have to specify more slope in my next order as there is a bit of tugging around the armpit which results in some wrinkles from shoulder to armpit.

Regards,

8. eightace

eightace Senior member

I'd be interested in dark green too - did you get an answer about this?

9. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Am not very good at finding these, but:

[​IMG]

10. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

I wouldn't give up after one shirt. I've received two shirts so far. The first was OK (wearable) and the second was definitely better with a few adjustments. Just ordered my third. Don't go for the expensive fabrics yet until you're satisfied with the fit.

I agree on adjusting for sloping shoulders. I would defer to them (send them a photo and ask for their opinion) but personally I'd suggest a 0.75"
    In addition, I think the sleeve width at the biceps could be narrowed slightly but it's hard to be sure from the pictures.
    Finally, I would increase the left cuff diameter so that it fits over your watch properly.

11. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Also known as the CruzCollar[​IMG], the culmination of years of experimentation which ultimately yielded the perfect collar for wearing open in full-on Tom Ford gigolo style.

Chest hair is the new necktie.

12. JLopez

JLopez Well-Known Member

And they most certainly offer custom collars. Both fused and unfused. They offer interlining from Wendler and threads from Gütermann.

You draw it, they make it. Here are just a couple of their collar designs. But you know these already since you wouldn't have commented in, without having read, this thread.

In realtion to the service of custom collar, what do you think about the collar I asked for and the collar they did? I am not a professional but I can not accept that they are similar.

Unlike good bespoke, MTM might need a couple iterations. One can't expect a perfect product on the first try when the tailor sits 6000 miles away from the client. But MTM is a process. And the end result of a MTM relationship can be something that is on par with bespoke.

I can understand this because and i know better than nobody that my shoulders are very complicated but I can not understand why I have to pay 30$ for shipment cost when the shirt was made incorrectly and is unwearable.

In my opinion they will have to remake the shirt and pay all the shipment costs, the ones to send the shirt back and the ones to send the new shirt because the shirt was not made properly and this is not my fault.

And I didn't mention the lady shirring sleeve when I ask for a soft shirring like this one:

[ATTACHMENT=9524]image.jpg (155k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

In my opinion the shirt is a completly disaster.

13. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Top collar (pale red stripes) is the updated version of the bottom one (green stripes). Order #7817 - Pale Pink Dress Stripes

14. kulata

kulata Senior member

@Luxire it will be beneficial to most people if your default shirring is subtle while bolder styling can be made upon request.

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yeah, I asked for subtle shirring in my first order, but it was extremely bold. Then I asked for even more subtle shirring, and it was still very bold. I'm reluctant to ask for it on my next order, as I don't want it to be noticeable from across the room.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014