1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

True enough. That's the beauty of MTM - you can get whatever you want. You want 5" points? You're insane, and good luck moving your neck, but you do you.

Honestly, my desirable range would be anywhere from 3" to 3.5." Same as my ties. In the long run (I just graduated college and my wardrobe is laughably small) I'll probably have an assortment of both to suit my ties.

2. cardiffrover

cardiffrover Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that sentiment.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Well, that's true.

Just because you can doesn't mean anyone else is going to think it looks good.

That being said, I think that collar on the pinpoint above is exaggerated a little by the angle of the shot. It probably isn't that outrageous.

4. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

FTFY!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    2 people like this.
  5. europrep

europrep Senior member

Be careful of blanket statements. Collar choice is personal and depends on a variety of things such as your neck height, they type of ties you wear, the type of knots you tie, the spread you like, etc...

A tall collar may look great on person and horrible on another. I would recommend trying multiple styles before settling on what works best for you. Personally, I make sure the collar points are long enough to hide nicely under your jacket lapel and the tie knot is not bulging above the top of the collar. The length needed will depend on the spread and the height will depend on the tie and knot.

Here is what I am wearing today. 3.75" or 4" collar points (can't remember right now) and higher than normal collar band height.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  6. cardiffrover

cardiffrover Well-Known Member

And here we go... Of course everyone has a right to order what they want how they want it. They even have a right to think they look great in it. The preceding, however, in no way excludes someones right to think you look like a total tosser.

It seems like every time someone posts an opinion other than the group think on here the PC police come out with the same feel good posts.

So yes, the diversity on here is great and I very much enjoy seeing what others come up with. There are indeed some very creative individuals on here.

But, @novaeagle
    there is someone else that reads this thread that thinks some of these huge collars and tall collar bands go too far..... for anyone.. unless you are 8'6" and your head is 48" in diameter.

7. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

lolwut?

2 people like this.
  8. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

Very curious of this myself. Seems like it would change the size by a fair bit if done one way or the other.

9. Dave Davies

Dave Davies Member

Thanks love that collar I will ask them to do the same.

thanks for your help.

1 person likes this.
  10. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

11. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You have described it correctly.

12. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

+1. I've traced both feet several times and each time is a little different. Would be great if @luxire could go into a little more detail.

13. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

Why not both? A pair that show where the feet contact the ground and a pair that is perpendicular. Seems like an easy way to provide more information about the shape of the foot.

Edit: Actually, I tried angling the pen, but it doesn't really work for the arch as mine is barely in contact with the ground. But it should provide information about the rest of the foot.

14. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

Quote:

That collar looks great...though I do am 8'6" and have a bobble head. That probably weighs in on what I perceive as beautiful. Not that I would expect manlets to understand though...

5 people like this.
  15. CTLION

CTLION Senior member

Just received my tuxedo shirt today. Absolutely love it!

1 person likes this.
  16. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Yes, it's a remarkable shirt, isn't it?

17. CTLION

CTLION Senior member

My thoughts:

First of all a bit shocked. My first shirt ordered through Luxire, so my expectations were pretty low. I sent them some of my actual measurements and one of my best fitting shirts.

Second, photos really do not show off the quality of the shirt. I own a couple of fairly nice tuxedo shirts, one by Eton and the other by Zegna. I have liked the two that I own but I have never loved them as much as I love my tuxedo. The quality of the bib alone shocked me on the Luxire shirt.

Third, the fit makes the shirt. I thought my Eton and Zegna shirts fit ok, but next to this Luxire shirt they are a joke.

Fourth, I ordered the shirt and it arrived under a month. Wow!

Fifth, I don't know if I can swear off never buying another makers dress shirt, but after this experience I am pretty close. I will order another shirt here soon just to make sure that lightning can strike twice. If they deliver again...my shirts will be made by Luxire alone.

I have but one question, and pardon my ignorance. On the left breast of my tuxedo shirt there is an opening into the shirt, much like a pocket. I have zero idea of its purpose? Any help on that front?

1 person likes this.
  18. jfrater

jfrater Senior member

Yes - it is for you to put your hand through to make it easier to insert your shirt's studs. Mine has it too and I emailed Ede and Ravenscroft where I bought it from to ask what it was for and that was their answer.

19. europrep

europrep Senior member

hmmm...I didn't really think I was writing a controversial post. Or maybe that is your point…too feel good.

I do not think larger than average collars are group think on SF...I would wager it is fairly even split.

I agree on your opening…feel free to post a picture of a collar you think you look good in and I will let you know if you are a total tosser.

20. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

Eh. Most people don't post their face, so it's really hard to judge whether or not a person's collar does well with their face.