Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

PM sent, but for anyone interested in the details, the order number is #7756.

1x Thistle-Grey Chambray - Front Pleats: Single Pleat Reverse - Front Pockets: Slant - Fly Style: Button - Waist Band: Side Metal Adjustors - Rear Pockets: 2 Rear Pockets with Buttons - Lining: No Lining - Bottom Cuff: Yes 2.00" - Waist Size: 17.00 - Half Hip Measurement: 19.00 - Hip Measurement Front: 18.75 - Pant Length: 43.50 - Inseam Measurement: 33.00 - Front Rise: 11.50 - Back Rise: 16.75 - Thigh Measurement (2 inch Below Crotch): 12.25 - Knee Measurement: 9.00 - Bottom / Ankle Opening: 7.25 - Custom Requirements: I would like a waistband that looks like in the picture, approximately 2 inches wide. I also want buttons for braces placed inside the waistband. - Upload Image: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/uploads/eb89f1bcc658cd189c94a421ae67c10b.jpg for $99.99 each

I sent an email to Theresa about making a matching jacket for the pants today BTW. Eagerly awaiting response as to how to go about it!

2. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

1) description says the pants will shrink, but can I just dry clean these pants rather than washing in dryer to avoid shrinkage?

2) also, these pants look more gray than blue right?

3) does it hold a crease?

Looking to add this pair once I receive my current order to make sure sizing is good to go. Thanks!

3. nostalgiaultra

nostalgiaultra Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Tried several custom collar styles but the Luxire BD is generally my favourite - nice roll, proportional etc.

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I have a swatch of that fabric. It's significantly darker than that picture indicates. I'd say "indigo" is an accurate description of the color, with some grey as well.

5. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

I might give that a shot - thanks a lot! What does CBD stand for?

6. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

Conservative Business Dress

7. pithy uomo

pithy uomo New Member

Has anyone had experience making a copy of a Brooks Brothers Black Fleece shirt?
    I'm interested specifically in the placket design at the bottom and rounded hem as seen below.
    Hoping to get an order number that I could reference. Alternatively, would including a link to the image and asking Luxire to copy the hem and placket be enough?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014

8. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

I'm curious about the scalloped hem as well. Original BB shirts had them and the 19th Century Button Down by Engineered Garments features the same.

9. EFV

People who have sent clothes to Luxire for replication/measurements. Did you use DHL or send the items via regular postal services?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

10. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

11. EFV

Cheers!

It doesn't seem to calculate the price properly though. In the price table it says that the kind of item I'm sending, from group B, should be charged $30, but when I choose this option I'm charged $55(?!) It's still not that much money, but it seems weird that it's almost double the amount.

12. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

Group B items were, about a month or two ago, when I last used it, $40 at the cheapest, with the other prices being $55 and $70. It seems the prices have lowered, at least in the table, but the actual price is behind the update.

I am glad the prices for us living in Nowhereland has lowered!

13. EFV

14. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Regarding shipping to Luxire, how would we determine, "You also need to add the packet dimensions (length x width x height) and weight to the notes". Should we quote the required box size or the garment dimensions so that Luxire determine the required box?

Additionally, what sort of duties could be charged when sending in old garments for replication? Is there any way to print a label to avoid this?

Lastly, is the cost of returning the garment absorbed when the new garment is shipped out, so long as it qualifies for free shipping?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

15. Shirter

Shirter Member

I would be very attracted by this at a sufficient discount.

As suggested elsewhere, it would make sense to let the customer specify "Nothing especially warm" or "Only especially warm fabrics" or "whatever you have".

Luxire, if you wonder about the level of interest, consider this a positive vote!