Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Thank you BrandonJG! It really was as simple as that? I'm going to do the same going forward.

If anyone has any advice on the monogram question, would be keen to heart your experiences.

2. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Does that mean that there would be custom made shirts in some random, but nice, set of fabrics , may be 3 for $100?

Worth giving a thought. Thank you for the idea.

3. luxire

We are working with a British mill to produce the cloth using boiled wool and a small Italian process house to do the processing. We should have something soon. Camel and racing green are currently in production.

4. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

I

I think totally random would be too much of a crap shoot for most people. If you got 3 heavy flannels and lived in the tropics you might not be happy.

If you just gave a title to each fabric or something, that would be ideal. No need to create a new page or picture or anything online, so it would save you the work, but customers would still have a rough idea of what to expect. Make these fabrics $35-50 each or thereabouts, depending on Initial price or something.

5. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

Does Luxire have a heavy pant fabric that would match this shade from Left Field?

[​IMG]

6. luxire

Our jacket maker setting the collar by hand. Our suit jackets are now made almost entirely by hand with only a few straight seams made using a machine.

[​IMG]

7. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Thanks for the picture Luxire. Would you be able to let us know a bit more about and share a few more images of the coat making process? For instance, construction of the interfacing and shoulder, and quality of the button holes? How about some more detailed shots of how the finished collar sits, shoulder and sleeve hang?

Additionally, what options are there for the coat making process? For instance, is the suit partially finished, sent to us for a try on, images taken, and then the coat returned to Luxire for final alterations and finishing of button holes? Is a polyester fused throw away mock up of the jacket to assess fit and cut prior to constructing the final garment possible?

I'm sure many of us who enjoy the old world constructed shirts and trousers would love to see more sports jackets and suits from you!

8. luxire

Yes, will add some more images next week and beyond.

Sending a partially finished jacket for trial is optional for additional $100 per cycle, including 2-way shipping. Some kind of trial mock is an option too.

We too are fascinated by the process of making jackets. Our offering is still in its infancy. We will standardize the process and add them as a product on our site soon.

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

That's great! Let me know when it becomes available and I'll be the first to place an order.

10. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

You're absolutely correct. Thanks for your response, althanis. Let me try to provide some more details:

Pink dress shirt recommendations

Does anybody have any recommendations for a sub-$100 pink dress shirt? I already purchased the pale pink oxford, but am finding oxford a little too casual for business wear (would anybody disagree with this assessment)? My office dress code is business casual, but many people wear a suit and tie. I searched for pink shirts on the Luxire website, and there are just so many options! Has anybody ordered any of the pink fabrics and had a good experience that they would recommend?

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  11. philippos

philippos Well-Known Member

Liking the trousers a lot. Are they flat front or pleated? Would you be so kind to tell ne the order number?

12. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

A couple of pages back, someone posted a photo of a very nice pink striped shirt. Maybe the stripes are a little out of CBD, but it might fit your taste!

Post adressed to @lostintranslation

13. philippos

philippos Well-Known Member

Sorry, post was adressed at EFV.

14. luxire

Four nice pairs of pants:

The Blue Stripes Seersucker, Indigo Canvas, Chocolate Brown Canvas and Brisbane Moss Cream Canvas

[​IMG]

15. luxire

Indigo Canvas Pants - Part canvas, part Oxford, part Chambray

My personal favorite among the casual pants fabrics we have. Simply amazing.

[​IMG]