Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Our leather accessories team has started work. Tote made of navy canvas and grey calf leather.

[​IMG]

2. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Love the style, but the leather lacks a bit of depth IMO.

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

First wearing of my new Cotton-Linen Navy shirt. This is a really nice fabric, highly recommended for a warmer climate for anyone that wants a cool-wearing shirt without going with 100% linen. Very breathable, but still a substantial feeling shirt, it's not too wrinkly or flimsy or see-through at all.

[​IMG]

Also, there's a lot of collar talk here with tons of different measurements and order numbers of special collars, but I think Luxire's standard BD collar is pretty nice. This is unfused/unlined:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014

4. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Here's a fit pic. I should have taken one without the jacket as well, but there are only so many pictures I can convince my fiancée to take of my new clothes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hoodog

hoodog Senior member

Very nice! Deets on collar and trouser fabric?

6. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Luxire, glad to see you continuously expanding your offerings, but is there any word on the website overhaul?

7. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thank you! The pants are Thistle-Grey Chambray and the shirt collar is Luxire's own semi spread collar, but with 3.9 inch long collar points and soft fusing + no tie space (so I can wear it without tie as well).

8. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Ditto, I think Luxire would really benefit from an upgraded website, photographer and fabric classification method.

9. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

Great fit. Have you already locked down your untucked measurements/length or did you adjust from your tucked in measurements?

My first orders with Luxire will most likely be shirts that are meant to be worn untucked, so I'm trying to make sure I gather as much info about how to get the waist area measurements right in both length and width.

10. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I would just have to repeat myself. Almost there but not quite. We have a review meet on Monday. Will try to get a good idea then.

Quote:
    Working on the photographer and hopefully a model. Fabric classification is a big exercise, given the wide range. Needs some planning.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Thanks, I use the same measurements for all shirts, whether I'm wearing them tucked or untucked. My first couple shirts were a little slimmer and a little shorter, but I prefer the fit of this one, I relaxed some of the measurements through the body (so it's not too tight when I sit) and made it slightly longer, but I still think it's a pretty good length for wearing untucked. I have other dress shirts that I wear with a jacket and tie that have the same measurements (only different collars) and those fit well for wearing tucked.

12. STL Metropolis

STL Metropolis Well-Known Member

@luxire

Not sure if this is a good idea or not – but I’ll go ahead and throw it out.

Would it be possible to offer a “grab bag” shirt offering? I imagine Luxire has left over lengths of cloth that is enough to make a single shirt , but not worth listing on the webpage. Instead of keeping this left over stock – would it be worth to offer this as a “surprise fabric” shirting purchase.

I feel that this would attract additional orders from those of us that have our shirt pattern down and can’t really decide on what to order next. Or maybe a customer wants to try out a different collar, but isn't willing to spend on an expensive shirt fabric.

There is a risk ordering something you don’t know what you are getting and possibly getting something that you would never wear - a lot of people wouldn’t feel comfortable doing so. However, if the price was offered at a reasonable price ( ie.. more expensive than your trial shirt but less than the cheapest shirting) then it would be worth it. Not sure on the details, but maybe it makes more sense as an add on option for someone with a 3 shirt order to offset shipping or pattern cutting.

Hopefully the “grab bag” idea wouldn’t yield anything to crazy… but it would be cool to throw an awesome fabric in every once in a while for some lucky customer. [​IMG]

Thoughts?

13. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Has anyone given Luxire instructions on reducing the number of pleats/amount of fabric in the pleats on the sleeves, where they connect to the cuffs? Also, does anyone have Luxire put a monogram on their shirts? My last one was monogrammed and the letters were crooked, and stupidly big. It was disappointing, but these things happen.

14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Luxire, can you get casentino wool, possibly in camel?

15. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

I requested a single cuff pleat opposed to the usual two and it worked out great.