Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Taxes are what they are. It's not like Luxire can go ahead and singlehandedly lower them. We will pay them one way or another. Canada's tarifs are ridiculous for clothing (and maybe everything), it's just something you have to deal with.

2. Turner

Turner Senior member

It can be worn with a tie, but it depends were you inted to do so. It will always look a bit soft, wrinkled and asymetric. Some might say sloppy, others might embrace it and call it sprezz. For me it's fine, since I don't wear a tie for work, but for private occasions like summer weddings or restaurants I wouldn't hesitate to wear the one piece with a tie.

Pics:

This thread

Tumblr

3. althanis

althanis Senior member

What tie was that, if you don't mind me asking?

4. Turner

Turner Senior member

Drake's navy shantung with sky blue spots.

5. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

What does this mean? When you specify the measurements, that is what you get - if you specify a 30" waist, the waist is 30". Please post info on your ordered measurements as well as pics of the real measurements.

6. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

Wrong thread, delete

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014

7. kulata

kulata Senior member

Perhaps you should have used Luxire's instructions since you are making the pants with them and not Epaulet.

http://custom.luxire.com/pages/pant-measurements

8. BrandonJG

BrandonJG Well-Known Member

Wow, sincerest apologies. I have two Styleforum threads open and I posted that on the wrong thread. My post has nothing to do with Luxire with whom I've had only good experiences. I'm sorry for the confusion cbfn and kulata.

9. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just received a new pair of pants + a shirt. Pants fit perfect. I haven't tried the shirt out yet, but since it's based on old measurements I'm sure it'll fit great. I'll post a fit pic later:

[​IMG]

10. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

@EFV shirt looks really nice! Both in terms of colour and texture, is it pique cotton or oxford?

11. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cheers! It's the Linen-Cotton: Blue Knitted Pique. Actually less saturated irl than on their product page, which is great imho.

12. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Very nice fabric. I am very interested in all cotton-linen blends while it is still hot here. Looking forward to fit photos

13. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

I'll be getting a one piece collar for my next shirt order and am after some advice regarding details (I already have my block down pretty well with Luxire).

Are there any particular details, apart from collar point length, collar band length and shape that I should look out for? Such as specifying the type of fusing or canvas?

From this thread, most examples of the one piece collar look like the English spread, how would it go with a semi spread?

Lastly, what would people think about a one piece collar shirt with side pleats at the back? If it doesn't seem right, do you think that shirring would provide a better match with the one piece collar, but some extra room for expansion?

Thanks!

14. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

I'd say be aware of the weight of the fabric and then, if you do not have swatches, ask Luxire how will the unfused/unlined behave. You don't want it too floppy. I am not an expert but I can imagine that the less spread the more difficult it is to have the one piece right.

I think that one piece would look best without any side pleats or with elements that add 'casuality' to the shirt. IMO side pleats are more formal, too formal probably for one piece soft collar. Would be interested to hear what others think

15. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

are there any test fabrics for making pants? i doubt i'll be able to nail it first time around so looking for the cheapest option.