1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

Here is my new OCBD with Point Down Collar. Second Luxire order, I think they have my size nailed down pretty well:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

So you sent back 3 shirts you had ordered to Luxire to have adjustments made? If I might ask what type of adjustments were possible and was there a charge? That makes their process very attractive.

Also, any recs on more conservative business appropriate solid white or blue fabrics in lighter weights? Basically something along a standard poplin material. I don't think proper business attire is necessarily conservative but too many on the boards think if it is not 7 patterns, 4 textures, 3 browns, etc. then it is 'boring'=conservative.

3. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

their policy is to remake (or adjust) one time on all their shirts if your not happy with the fit (whether it was your fault or their's). all you have to pay for is shipping back to you, which I think is $20 per shirt. But get in touch with Theresa from luxire for more details.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

MattSF - excellent roll on that collar

5. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm very happy with the shirt, definitely converted to Luxire for all my shirting needs. Planning on trying out their trousers too pretty soon.

6. europrep

europrep Senior member

Same problem. It wrinkles when i look at it. Feels great, but a little too light for me. Now I will only order after checking out the swatches.

7. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

How much does Luxire charge for the swatches? I remembered they linked to a page where an extra $1 service or more can be added but didn't really say how many swatches that would be.

8. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

That is WAY too tight around your waist. Also, see how the sleeve bunches around your elbow? The curvature doesn't match your arm's--the back balance is probably too long.

9. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

Thanks Foo. The waist is really the one part I the shirt I really got wrong, took in an inch from my first shirt, but in retrospect it was probably just right the way it was.

I think I understand what you're saying about back balance, I'll mention to Luxire and see what they can do on my next order. Could the sleeves also be bunching because they are just too long?

10. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

It's $1 per swatch. If you're planning on ordering a shirt also I'd suggest doing both in the same order for the FedEx shipping, otherwise they send the swatches standard mail from India, which can take a long time.

11. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

The bunching is localized around the back side, around your elbow. That's what makes me think it's the shape/balance that is wrong, not the overall length.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  12. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Thanks again for the critique!

13. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Is anyone planning on having a jacket constructed with the Minnis fabrics anytime in the near future?

14. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

Luxire, are you planning on stocking piqué cotton for polo shirts?

15. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Pulled the trigger on my first Luxire shirt last night--excited to see how it turns out.

16. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

Hmm, that's an interesting question.

17. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

I would be interested in polo shirts as well. Anyway, finally got my 4th order shipped. Hope I nailed down my measurements for sure this time. Kinda funny that I got a much faster reply by PMing Luxire in the forum instead of emailing.
    Is it 1 fabric per swatch?

18. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Coming soon :)

I sometimes wonder about the timing of these questions.

1 person likes this.
  19. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

1 fabric = 1 swatch = $1

20. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

It was 70F here yesterday and I donated literally every polo shirt I owned at the end of summer. It appears Mother Nature and a wardrobe void are forcing my curiosity.

In any event, glad to be Johnny-on-the-spot.