1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Can be washed for a similar shade. Will recommend this.

2. indigofera

indigofera New Member

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while and been astonished by everyones nice shirts. But the lurking have come to and end and I have finally crawled out from my den and ordered my first shirt from Luxire! And guess what, just after 8 days after ordering I got the shirt in my hand. Amazing turn around time! And this is for me as a first time customer. How about the fit then? I took the measurements from an existing MTM shirt that did fit me fairly well. I tweaked it a bit and here is the outcome:

[​IMG]

Classic blue oxford with Barba collar, really liking the collar roll.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My assistant suddenly had to run away so I had to go inside and take some selfies (...) in the mirror. I'm quite happy about the fit...buuuuut, there is always a but. I think the bottom measurement is too wide since it's creasing around the waistline.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what do you guys think of the fit? What measurements should I adjust for my next shirt? Beside the "creasing" I'm super happy with the fit, amazing quality and the fit is almost spot on for being my first online MTM shirt.

Edit: I should add that the back is perfectly fitting. I will try to get better photos when my assistant gets back :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014

3. moopband

moopband Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having an incredibly difficult time getting responses from Luxire's mail address? I'm talking going a week between emails and a few follow-ups in between there to try and get some information.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Distinguished Member

@indigofera, do you plan to wear future shirts tucked or untucked?

For untucked wear I would not reduce much of the bottom measurements, it looks pretty good for that purpose and you need some room for freedom of movement.
    If you intend to tuck the shirt in at all times, you could reduce the bottom measurements more dramatically and maybe should lengthen the shirt a bit.
    In my experience the same shirt will never be a perfect fit for both untucked and tucked wear.

5. indigofera

indigofera New Member

I will mostly wear the shirt tucked since I will wear it at work. I'm aware of that the length is a mix between a tucked in shirt and a untucked shirt, I decreased the length a bit from my original MTM shirt since I think it's too long. But I might have exaggerated it a bit when I shorted it 2 inches, adding a inch might do the trick. How much do you suggest me to reduce the bottom measurement, 1 inch, 1,5 inches?

What is your opinion of the fit overall, length of sleeves, shoulders etc?

I think I will wear this shirt a couple of times and figure out how I want the fit before I order my next ones. All feedback for improving my fit is more than welcome :)

6. ammanati

ammanati Senior Member

7. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Distinguished Member

Washing and wearing the shirt several times before you come up with final changes is a good idea.
    I don't like to discuss values as they have a lot do with your height, weight etc. and I can only guess those from your pictures.
    I think your shirt is on the short side even for untucked shirts, so adding some length sounds like a good idea.
    The shirt seems to have a pronounced hourglass shape, that I have fallen out of love with.
    I have learned that untucked shirts with as much a difference as 10cm/4inch between chest and waist as well as 5cm/2inch between waist and bottom look good on me.
    Go narrower on the waist and it looks too feminine, go wider and the shirt comes out way too baggy.
    Sleeve length looks right to me.
    Maybe decrease the cuff a tiny bit and finally think about increasing the arm holes as they seem to be the cause of the pulling in the upper sleeves.

8. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Did luxire change the option to pay $25 shipping with customs/duties covered for shipping to Canada? All I can find is:

"Shipping Only. Customer pays duties - $15.00"

I ordered only 2 months ago and the $25 option was there.

9. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior Member

Also curious about this as I prepare my next order. My last one was $25 with no followup charges from the carrier.

10. Notreknip

Notreknip Distinguished Member

I'm also interested for the exact same reasons.

11. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior Member

Shirt and pants arrived today (19 days after order placement). Will post some pics after washing and ironing.

Very happy overall with both shirt and pants (based on samples sent in and tweaked).

Two mistakes I think Luxire did is shirt length - had requested +3 inch and measures around +1 inch and I requested slanted trouser hem which wasn't done, but I know this can be difficult to achieve with cuffs.

The standard MOP buttons look very white against a blue shirt, almost like plastic - I understand there's a 15 and 20 usd premium MOP options, assume the 15 are thinner? Will likely go for that next time.

Went for NOBD1 collar with medium unfused collar band and light unfused collar, collar wrinkles too much IMO (although will reevaluate after ironing), so will do medium unlined next time. Also will increase tie space and decrease the spread slightly for next order.

Went for rippled shoulders and back, which I thought was well executed. I do have a bit of the chicken wing problem in the back shoulder that's been posted before - what's the suggested consensus solution to that?

All in great first impression, and will make a larger order soon.

12. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior Member

I do believe certain countries (Canada and Switzerland for example) no longer have the 25usd option. UK and the couple of other EU countries still have the 25 option (actually the only option).

13. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

I was really disappointed to see the elimination of the $25 option. I was really happy with it, and it made the whole process stress free. Plus it encouraged me to buy 3 shirts when I would have only bought 1 at a time.

14. SirJamesWinston

SirJamesWinston Well-Known Member

Is it just me or are the following pictures listed for four different Luxire oxford shirts the exact same photo?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Photo #1. Blue Pinpoint Oxford ($69.99), http://luxire.com/collections/oxford/products/blue-pinpoint-oxford#yoReviews
    Photo #2. Blue Royal Oxford 80/2 ($69.99), http://luxire.com/collections/oxford/products/blue-royal-oxford-80-2
    Photo #3. Carolina Blue Royal Oxford ($69.99), http://luxire.com/collections/oxford/products/carolina-blue-blue-royal-oxford
    Photo #4. Perfect Monday Shirt - Blue Pinpoint Oxford ($89.99), http://luxire.com/collections/oxford/products/blue-royal-oxford

If you open up all four links and click on the picture, and then shift between tabs, the picture does not change.

Luxire, if I am correct, could you please update the photos? It would be helpful to see a material and or color difference in the four different products. Thank you.

15. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior Member

Has anyone else tried to replicate Spandexter's collar? It seems to be the average Barba Napoli spread collar which I see whenever a BN shirt is posted. Would that collar work without fusing? Maybe using an unfused, medium but stiff lining.

What are the combinations available for unfused collars, when it comes to lining?