Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

Pink Dress Shirt Recommendation Requested

Would like a recommendation for a pale pink fabric to be used for a shirt to be worn with a suit and tie.
    Would like something thinner than a standard oxford. Would like the fabric to be non-transparent. A
    search for "Pink" on Luxire's website came up with:

Pale Pink Soft Royal Oxford
    Pink Pinpoint Oxford
    Pink End-On-End 100/2
    Pale Pink Lustrous Soft

Anyone have experience with the above fabrics or other pale pink fabrics?

2. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

I haven't ordered it yet, but the Grandi & Rubinelli Powder Pink Royal Oxford looks nice and less saturated to me (which I prefer). I'll probably order it eventually.

3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We often see many new launches of clothing brands, many of them do a great job in creating and presenting wonderful items and almost all try hard to remain trendy.

What sometimes catches the eye is some moving away from the trend, creating something that is still wonderful, without confirming to the standards of trends that we like to see them in.

One such bold and creative launch that we were thankfully introduced to is accessories by Thomas Mark Heritage by our friend @CruzAzul . Wonderful colors and prints of pocket squares and some nice beads to wear on those muscular forearms.

[​IMG]

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

A suit will be 3 items, 2 for the jacket and one for the pants.

The idea though is to divide them into weight categories. A shirt would fall in the half kg category. A pair of pants can be in the half or one kg categories. A suit jacket can be in the 1 kg or higher categories. We are billed by the carriers in 0.5 kg increments.

5. burghler

burghler Senior member

1) No I wouldn't say that
    2) Recommend it over taking measurements
    3) Depends on your choice of fabric. Dugdale, Minnis, and Brisbane Moss seem to be universally praised and most of the generic fabrics stocked by Luxire are pretty good as well, at least in my experience
    4) The shirt looks pretty good. Do you have square shoulders? Adjusting for them might remove the creases emanating from the top button to your shoulders

6. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

@lachyzee
    I have the pale blue dress stripes oxford, and I agree with the review - it is lighter than the other oxfords I have, and the blue is quite nice. As NOBD says, it's a fabric that's suitable for summer.

@Turner
    I took a few pictures of some of my Luxire shirts:

Left to right: Pale blue dress stripes oxford, blue university stripes oxford, blue dress stripes seersucker, sky blue oxford. Normal printing paper and a lens cap for reference.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Thank you!

8. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention, I'm trying to stay in the sub-$100 range since this will be my first shirt from Luxire. The G&R Powder Pink Royal Oxford looks nice, but is out of my price range.

9. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Thank you for the kind words and for the shout-out. We're proud to bring African design into modern sartorialism and are looking forward to the Luxire Halo Effect[​IMG] to move some product. :)

10. nostalgiaultra

nostalgiaultra Well-Known Member

some trousers in washed navy twill

[​IMG]

11. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

I have the end-on-end, it's a lovely colour and the fabric is quite lightweight. It's quite thin, thinner than your average normal oxford. Not transparent at all, although that might depend on your complexion. It wrinkles rather easily, but that's just a fact of life: cotton wrinkles.

12. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Update on my latest Luxire order:
    Order date: 7.07.2014
    Shippment information: 16.07.2014 (9 days !!!)
    Expected delivery date: 18-19.07.2014
    It used to be sent by Fedex, now DHL who do not provide information on expected delivery date. Mine is based on previous experience. I usually got the parcel on Friday when sent on Wednesday. Thanks Luxire, cant wait for my 3 shirts to arrive + 29 swatches [​IMG]

13. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

I hate buying jeans. There's always something I'd want to change, so I ordered a pair from Luxire with a lengthy list of very specific requests and they nailed every detail. Unfortunately the thigh measurement was a touch off (possibly my own fault), so they're on their way back for alterations. I heartily recommend them, and look forward to ordering more based on this order once they stock a little more variety....which I'm told is coming soon.

14. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

1) I'm looking to send in a pair of dress pants for replication. What is a good starter/best-bang-for-your-buck material in gray/dark gray/light gray/navy etc... I'm looking to dial in the fit before making more expensive purchases. I prefer material that is on the ligher side, something that can be used for the summer and spring.

2) How do we order swatches and are they all priced the same? Assuming swatches are charged per piece, material from the regular line is charged the same as the premium fabrics?

3) In terms of lining options for the pants, when is it necessary for full lining and when is it preferred for no lining at all? I believe half lining is meant for easier access for the legs to go through, yet maintaining better air circulation compared to full lining.

15. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

@luxire : Luxire, which fabric would you recommend for a shirt like this by Drake's? I am looking for a light blue denim but haven't found one. Can one of your denim fabrics be washed to achieve this rather light blue colour? I'd be keen to order one like that sometime soon. Thanks
    [​IMG]