Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

NOBD is making me eat my words with that pic. The spread collar looks fantastic, maybe I will try that on my next order.

2. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Jacket & Vest in Dugdale Blue Textured Plain 8937

[​IMG]

3. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

4-pocket jackets in 2 slightly different styles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

Got ny third luxire shirt. Almost got my fit down. Also got swatches and can say that the soft grey dress pants in cotton is exacyly as described. Looks like flannel, but light. Charcoal grey dress pants in cotton are also nice. The grey heather jersey wpuld look great woth a one piece collar eidos style.lastly, got the navy tristripe shifting swatch as I was thinking avout a capri collared casual shirt. However, I'm looking for more texture since it will be a very casual shirt. Any blue stiped fabrics any one wants to suggest?

5. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

6. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

I have a few sky blue oxfords (all different fabrics, ha) with the nobd collar. I love it jmo.

Can grab a picture later

7. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

I've got a fancy samsung dryer that has an extra low heat setting. I set it to 20 minutes on EL and I get a teeny bit of lint, the only thing I hang dry are socks, dryers hate my socks.

8. GSTT

GSTT Member

Has anyone here had a suit or sports coat replicated after sending in your own? I have a very nicely fitting Corneliani jacket that I would like to have copied.

I've done this once before with a MTM tailor but wasn't really satisfied with the result as they took some liberty with the measurement. I hope someone has some experience with this and can tell me what to expect.

9. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

I have a sportcoat that luxire made for me based on a jacket I sent in, and I'm happy with it. And actually, the blue dugdale jacket and vest luxire posted above are mine, and I should be receiving them shortly (along with the pants to go with them).
    The issues I have with my first jacket are basically entirely my fault - I asked them to lower the collar, which was a mistake, given that it's impossible to know how much to do that without fitting in person. Fortunately, my local guy was able to mostly resolve that.
    And I'll be able to report on my second jacket (part of a suit) soon, and I'm hopeful that the lessons I learned from the first one will have served me well.

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Looks great! I had just never thought of getting any oxford fabric with a spread collar to wear with a suit. I think my brain has been programmed to think oxfords are for OCBDs, you guys are helping to un-train me with these pics.
    Yep, pretty sure I will be getting a sky blue oxford with my custom cutaway collar on my next order.

11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Cell phone pics. Collar is 1738, however it looks much taller in the pictures in my opinion than in person. With that said, I would rather something wider as my neck is slim.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Luxire, reckon you could make something like this in this colour?
    [​IMG]

13. Mr Cucumber

Mr Cucumber Active Member

I would most probably sign up on that one too.

14. GasparddeColigny

GasparddeColigny Senior member

After my first attempt at a Luxire shirt went awry, measurements issues, I have some time now to adjust the measurements. Unfortunately I have lost the original measurements, and I can't find these via my account on the Luxire site (might be a nice addition). Can Luxire retrieve the measurements? order# 5211.

Cheers,

Gaspard

15. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Email them, they'll be able to tell you the measurements for items in that order.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014