Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Luxire, is the Grandi & Rubinelli Baby Pink Oxford more or less saturated than the Pale Pink Classic Oxford?

2. nostalgiaultra

nostalgiaultra Well-Known Member

Second attempt at a pair of trousers from luxire, definitely more successful second time around. small adjustments to be made but pretty happy overall. wrinkles are from sitting down all day at the office.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014

3. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

The pants look great. Nice high rise. I really like the extended waist band. I wish they were a bit longer, but I know that's the style nowadays.

4. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The rise looks a bit too high for me, and I like a high rise trouser. You could have the rise finishing where the waistband starts and they'd still be a high rise trouser. That with the ultra short length makes them look more Pee wee Herman than Cary Grant. If you like them though that's all that matters.

5. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

I like high rise too, but to me they look slightly off. I think high rise doesn't suit such a slim leg fit such as the one you may like. They still look pretty sweet though.

6. Turner

Turner Senior member

It's not much different from the last iteration of the collar (picture with a tie here), just a slightly different front at the collar band and placket construction. A picture from the #7563 with a tie (please don't mind the combination, it's the only one I've got here):

[​IMG]

I think it is wearable, but for use with a tie, I would with a hard unfused lining or a medium fused (shirt is medium unfused). It looks asymetric because I raised the left arm to take the picture. The difference to the older collar is, because there is no sharp crease between the collar and collar band like on regular collars, the tie can be pushed up and down and therefore there are variatations in spread and collar height possible.

For those who are curious, it looks not bad without the button-down:

[​IMG]

And just in case anyone cares about the placket construction:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The collar band at the back would be about 2.15" at a regular shirt.

Done

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

7. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Looks excellent, thanks for posting.

8. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

9. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

Any recommendations for a relatively affordable fabric for a first order? Looking for something versatile that could be worn casually if the sizing ends up a little off.

Interested if anyone has experience with the white pique for a polo shirt made-up with a dress shirt collar?

10. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

@inimitable Sky Blue Oxford is by far the best choice IMO.

@luxire any plans to restock the Blue University Stripes Oxford by Brembana? I need a few more shirts in it.

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

+1 on the Sky Blue Oxford. Great choice as a first, second, third, or any number order for that matter. Can't recommend it highly enough

12. unaware

unaware Senior member

ordered the sky blue oxford as the second shirt and it's a great fabric. Does anyone know if Luxire offer this fabric in other colors?

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The pale pink oxford is pretty similar IMO.

I just received my two most recent shirt orders today (1 BD and 1 spread collar) and they're both fantastic. Luxire nailed the measurements so I now have a dress shirt pattern and a casual shirt pattern that I don't think I need to change at all. It's late and the shirts need a wash, but I'll post pics post-wash. I got the cotton-linen: navy, highly recommended for a casual summer shirt, and the Monti: pale blue pinstripe ICE, also recommended although be warned it is pretty see-through. You'll need an undershirt for this one.

Now that my trouser and shirt patterns are pretty much exactly what I want, I feel a spending spree coming soon. Next thing is jackets/SCs...if Luxire can nail that, I'm in trouble.

EDIT - I also got swatches for some Harrison's tartan fabrics, not from Luxire but through Harrison's directly. If you email them, they will mail you some swatches. These tartans are fantastic and I will be placing an order in the fall.

14. books and tweed

books and tweed Senior member

My linen coat arrived, and while I will post something a bit more substantial with better pictures after alterations, I thought I would share some quick pictures.

[​IMG]
    The construction, fabric, and buttons are all amazing. Only issue is that the top button of the 3-roll-2 was somehow missing (buttonhole in place,) but that's easily fixed and I imagine it's a communication issue about what I wanted with the lapel. They hit all my weird pocket requests on the inside.

[​IMG]
    In terms of alterations, I will be letting out the arm width a bit and the back width a quarter of an inch. Their measurements were the same as mine, so it's just a matter of perfecting the numbers. They left very large seam allowances, which is great. I'll also shorten the belt by a few inches. All in all, very happy, and better pictures will do it more justice soon.

15. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Teaser: Denim work shirt with vintage style snap buttons

[​IMG]