Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

Hey guys,

I'm about to place my first order for a Luxire shirt. I had two questions that I wanted to ask:

1) I usually hang-dry my shirts. How much shrinkage should I expect? I'm most concerned about the fit at the shoulders. 17" is perfect for me. Should I order 17" or adjust upwards to account for shrinkage?

2) What would you guys recommend as a good "beginner" fabric to test fit with?

Thanks!

2. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

1) There would be minimal shrinkage if there is any at all by utilizing the air-dry method. Don't adjust shirt measurements to account for shrinkage.
    2) Go with the cheaper fabrics (in the $70 or below range). Also make sure you can swear this shirt casually (open collar) in case you mess up in neck sizing.

Tip: For the best results, send in your best fitted shirt for replication and request for certain alterations (ie, taper sleeves by .25 inches) etc...).

3. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

Sounds great. Thanks a lot, JezeC! I'll give measuring my own shirt a shot since I only have a few well-fitting shirts and would like to hold onto them. :)

Edit: Just placed an order for my first item from Luxire! Very excited to see how my first piece fits. I ended up going with a pink oxford fabric.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Very nice! One of the places where we buy some of our non-standard options has accessories in thousands of such designs, some dating back almost a 100 years. So, if someone wants something unique or vintage, it can be checked there. No guarantee that we will find them, but, worth a try.

Another option is to get them made, if there is sufficient interest. Getting made sometimes requires the creation of a die, which can be expensive, individual items after that, may not necessarily be.

The answer then is yes, but, can be expensive. Also, to state things clearly, we will only go to the place looking for something if there is sufficient reason for us to. It is a time consuming exercise for us.

5. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Luxire, would you be able to make women's business shirts? My girlfriend has a difficult time finding shirts to her taste here in Australia, and I've recommend she try using you - provided you're able to offer such a service. She'll likely send in a shirt for replication, and suggest a few alterations to this pattern. With regard to pricing, would it be the same as the men's shirts, or would this differ for women's shirting? Appreciate your assistance with this!

6. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

I thought I read that Luxire makes womenswear for another brand. I've been trying to convince my wife to try Luxire for a while now, but I think she would be convinced if she saw some of Luxire's previous work for female customers. She also questions whether Luxire has a good selection of 'stretch' fabrics that are so common in women's clothing.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014

7. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Thrifter, good point re: the stretch fabrics!

8. luxire

Glad to make the shirts, more so when sending samples. Pricing same as shirts for men. She can simply select the fabric and place order. In the notes, she can add, ladies shirt, sending sample for replication, with these changes.

We will add a section and some images in "a few" months. Waiting for the new website to go live first. Has been ages now.

Not much stretch fabrics currently available, but, will be adding plenty when we start offering ladies options. We do have a few though.

For the brands we make ladies clothes for, we do see a lot of interest in linen, lustrous fine white, some ginghams, pinks, denim shirts and jeans.
    White linen, for some reason, is most popular.

9. markfjh

markfjh Well-Known Member

When is the new website going live?

10. Turner

Turner Senior member

Fedex delivered the shirts just minutes before the game against France. Of course I've left the office before.

Just a few quick pictures (and don't mind the bad exposure):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The collar is just what I wanted, Luxire did a perfect job following my requests.

11. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

@luxire

If I have ordered trousers in the past and I order a new pair of trousers with all measurements specified will a new pattern automatically be created from scratch or will an old pattern be modified even if I do not reference it in the order?

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Anyone have any suggestions for perfecting the fit? (creases are because shirt was worn yesterday, just wearing for fit pic example)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

seems lots of people have the excess-area-behind-the-armpit problem that i have also.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014

13. luxire

If minor changes, old pattern will be used with modifications.

14. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Nice shirt for a first effort. It looks to me like your chest measurement is too big, which would incidentally cause that problem as well.

Your photos don't give a great full view of your sleeves but they seem a little long too -- it appears that they're stacking at your forearm.

Is your waist comfortable when you sit down? It seems small compared to your hip measurement. (Or maybe you do have a very trim waist? Lord knows I wish I did...)

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I don't think it's the chest measurement, but the way the it's divided between the front and the back panels. For example, I had increased my chest measurement by 2", but nearly all of that went to the back panel. I have asked to take 1" from the back and add it to front for my next shirt, so we'll see how that works out. I think that might be the solution.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014