Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

If I wanted a white OCBD in a fabric with a similar weight and feel to the sky blue oxford, which one should I choose?

2. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Quick question. I am thinking about having a casual shirt made out of a chambray, not 100% which yet. Probably the slubby denim one, and I am just thinking about the styling. All of my shirts are OCBDs really, so I want a break from that. Would the NOBD I collar, no placket, and no pockets be too formal of a cut for such a casual shirt? It is going to be worn casually, and untucked, almost exclusively.

3. KingPSQ

KingPSQ Well-Known Member

Yes, I did. All my dress pants have a high rise by these days' standards. They end right below my navel. However, I would never wear them without a jacket. These are my first Luxire pants in White Cotton Twill:

[​IMG]
    Shirt is not Luxire.

4. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Ordered 11/06, arrived today.

[​IMG]

5. daDudeson

daDudeson Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I've recently become addicted to luxire and have ordered quite a bunch of shirts in the past 3-4 months.
    The only adjustments I made were after the first shirt. My second order was satisfying enough, that I continued with these measurements.
    However I recently stumbled across Clapeyron's three shirt time lapse that documents the fit improvement from his first to third shirt and now hope that my fit can be improved a bit too.
    I'd be thankful for any recommendations you might have :)

I used shirt measurements from a well fitting MTM shirt I owned and made adjustments after receiving my first shirt.
    I have relatively wide shoulders and a large chest which sometimes can make this difficult to get right I suppose.
    The most critical part of my shirt measurements I would like to improve are:

- excess fabric/ wrinkling in front of the shoulders
    - perhaps also on the back of the shoulders
    - slightly excess fabric in lower back. Any suggestions other than darts?

The shoulder problem seems to be less present in the heavier fabrics I ordered (blueish green university stripes oxford, red uni. stripes oxford, dark indigo denim chambray…)

Pardon the pic dump please, I still down't know how to tag pics as spoilers[​IMG] Shirts are:

1. pale blue dress stripes oxford
    2. sky blue dobby twill
    3. pale blue micro gingham (went with 7.75 instead of 8 inches for the bicep here, I think I will keep it that way in future)

Thank you very much in advance! [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

Does any one have fabric recommendations for a summer popover? This would be for wearing in 20 - 30 Celsius weather with shorts.

Some fabrics I am looking at.

1. Blue End on End Linen - http://luxire.com/collections/linen-shirts/products/blue-end-on-end-linen
    2. Sky Blue Summer Chambray - http://luxire.com/products/sky-blue-summer-chambray Is this more of a dress shirt fabric?
    3. Classic Blue Summer Oxford - http://luxire.com/collections/oxford/products/classic-blue-summer-oxford

Do you go short sleeves or long sleeves rolled up?

7. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

I, too, would like to hear some recommendations

8. Beatlegeuse

Actually, could I theoretically get another sky blue oxford and bleach it white? Or is that just stupid and it wouldn't work?

9. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

Bleach damages fabric. Don't.

Cheers,

Ac

10. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

This... this might be genius. I can't tell yet, but I think you're onto something.

Inb4 someone with more textile knowledge shoots this down

Edit: Ha, that was fast

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014

11. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

Link to this thread please? Interested in checking it out myself.

Sorry don't have much critique on fit as I'm pretty new, but it definitely does look like the first shirt has sleeves that are too long and a forearm width that is too large, leading to a lot of bunching of fabric.

12. Beatlegeuse

I bleach white cotton t-shirts all the time without any negative effects. What would the effect be on bleaching a shirt one time? I'm no fabric expert, so I'm interested in hearing some more details.

13. daDudeson

daDudeson Well-Known Member

Thank you. Certainly, here you go: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/luxire-custom-clothing-official-affiliate-thread/8490

Yeah, perhaps I could shorten the sleeves a tad and make them a little tighter. For some reason a feel that the 'pale blue dress striped oxford' has baggier sleeves than my other shirts.

14. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

15. GuP

GuP Senior member

Luxire - are you able to modify individual shirt sleeve and pant inseam length? I have a dropped right shoulder and a raised right hip, necessitating 0.5 inch differences between left and right.