1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Spurious

Spurious Senior Member

Sorry, that's even better.

2. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I'm looking to start building my shirt collection. I've followed the thread for a while, and it seems the most popular way to get accurate measurements done is simply to send in a shirt that fits to Luxire. If I don't have this luxury (because I don't own any MTM shirts that fit), what is the next best option?

I have measurements from Indochino that were taken from one of their pop-up tailors, but I'm aware that not all measurements are taken the same, nor are they necessarily accurate.

Should I buy a shirt in the cheapest fabric from Luxire using my Indochino measurements, then take it to a local tailor and make note of what changes need to be done, and then apply these changes to my measurements for future Luxire orders?

3. lachyzee

lachyzee Distinguished Member

Luxire, when you say "Ice" on a fabric name, I assume that is an indication that it's a very very pale sort of blue? Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's that, or an off-white.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

4. burnso

burnso Senior Member

I would consider putting on your best fitting shirt, taking a series of pics and send to Luxire in an email, requesting their opinion on changes. Then send the shirt in.

Or, rather than spend $60+ on a shirt that you might not wear/ will need serious alterations, just get a local tailored shirt for >$200 and then send that to Luxire and order a dozen more at a great price, with perfect fit dialed-in.

5. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior Member

You don't need to send in a perfect fitting shirt. Send your best fitting one and use that as the base and then add any tweaks to it on your first order. If the shirt you're sending in is baggy in the arms and you know this then just say -0.5 inches in the notes of your order.

6. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Was awaiting confirmation. 13Oz Dark Indigo.

ICE is the name given to that particular type of fabric by the mill/seller. A smooth 140/2 fabric, which has always won good reviews from our customers. We have quite a few of those now.

7. lachyzee

OK thanks - so the Monti Pale Blue Pinstripes ICE for example - is base colour pale blue or white? Sorry just hard to tell.

8. unaware

unaware Senior Member

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

was going to wait for the answer to this but I couldn't wait so I just ordered it, either way it looks like a fantastic fabric. I took Luxire's recommendation from a few weeks ago for a lightly lined collar with a medium fused neck band. We'll see how that works out.

Also, just picked up my natural ecru linen and black/white glen plaid linen pants from FedEx today. First of all, I've now ordered so many Luxire packages that when I went to FedEx to pick it up, I was going to hand the clerk my ID so he could verify my name, and he just goes "I know who you are." Well then. I got home and tried the pants on and they are absolutely fantastic. I think other than some extremely minor bow leg issues that I can't seem to get rid of, they are perfect. I'll get some pics up this weekend. The fabrics are great as well, and I now have 4 pairs of 100% linen pants from Luxire. With the climate here, I'll get plenty of use almost all year long from these.

10. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

I've been ordering unfused medium lined collarband/unfused lightly lined collar since my first light/light Barba BD collapsing disaster. Been really happy with it.

11. lachyzee

I go with unfused hardest interlining on my dress shirts.

And completely unlined on BDs (Gitman Vintage style).

I find that oxfords don't need any help staying up.

And for linens I don't mind if they crumple a bit.

12. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

I guess that relies on knowing whether your shirt fits or not :)

I actually have a couple Indochino oxford shirts using my measurements with them, need to get pics up so I can get opinions on the fit.

13. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Base is white. Photography is such a challenge.

14. Terpo

Terpo Senior Member

Never owned a linen shirt, want to order my first one. Do you use the same collars you do for regular dress shirts? I have a long neck so I tend to have a high neck band and long tips. Can I use the same for linen or will it wrinkle too much and look sloppy?

15. thebrownman

thebrownman Distinguished Member

Hey Luxire, are they the jeans I ordered?

Order # 7143?