Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wear them every chance I get. Anywhere from Church to extreme casual flip-flops. Two different outfits above.

What the pictures don't show is that they're ridiculously soft. Nowhere near any other linen I've ever felt. Same for the Luxire brown linen. But these are still softer than that. Indescribable.

What else they don't show: Ironing linen pants is a bitch. And obviously the creases in the knee area don't stay in past the car ride to wherever you're going.

2. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Thanks! Though I'm not sure I wanted to see your toes (rude -> Dutch).

You mean the creases do stay in, I assume?

3. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Sorry, didn't know it was rude (or if you're joking). Everyone has toes!

And they don't. Just like my linen shirts and etc, stretching can just as well remove creases as anything else. Pressed or not, once they stretch over your knees too much, the creases are out in that area. Still looks OK, and feels comfortable, but just know that they don't stay in for long.

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I wonder if these linen pants are mine, looks like they might be, can't wait to get them!

5. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I should have insisted that they were for the same customer and should have instigated a few. Could have been fun. [​IMG]

6. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

:) No, I mean I was rude (but Dutch, so I can't help it).

Ah, I was thinking wrinkles, not creases... My bad. Now I understand!

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

Linen generally starts to wrinkle if you look at it too hard. That's just how it is.

That navy/blue Dugdale jacket looks really amazing, I have to say. Much better than previous pieces. Congrats.

8. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

Was there any consensus on fixing the "diaper" problem with trousers? I was thinking to reduce the back rise, but am worried the whole seat will become too tight that way. Are there any other measurements to consider?

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

So, I just did something very stupid... [​IMG]

Remember that lovely new Persian green shirt?

In it went into the washing machine, along with several other shirts. Including two white shirts (one s/sleeve white linen Loro Piana, and a new Luxire mandarin collar one). You can guess the results... the white shirts are now a delightful shade of pale minty green! Hoping against hope that a second wash with some stain remover might whiten them up. Might go for a little bleach next, if not... [​IMG]

To emphasise, this is not Luxire's fault, of course; I should have guessed that such a saturated colour might bleed on the first wash but simply didn't think. Just wanted to write a heads-up to any other SFers who over the years have become jaded enough to regularly mix their coloured shirts with whites when they do their washing and generally not have any problems doing so. With these very saturated linen/cottons, wash them with other dark colours only, at least at first!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

10. Turner

Turner Senior member

Don't mess with Maaskantje!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ErikJN

ErikJN Senior member

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

12. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

The same thing happened with one of my chambray shirts. It turned a bunch of stuff blue. I emailed Luxire about maybe putting a warning on the site about it, but I can't say whether they did or not.

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Well, the re-wash didn't work, so they're currently sitting in warm water & bleach, in the vague hope that might do the trick. I have my doubts...

If it doesn't work, sure, I'll snap some pics, for the lulz. To be honest it isn't such a problem if the s/sleeve shirt stays pale mint green; I have plenty of white linen or cotton/linen shirts, so having a pale mint one too is fine. It's an exceptionally even & beautiful dye job, for what it's worth!

The mandarin shirt, though, that one I really wanted to be white, so might have to reorder it at some point. Oh well, such is life...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

14. submatrix

submatrix Well-Known Member

Bumping this in hopes of getting this answered. Does anyone know the precise policy and associated costs with alterations?

15. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Very dependent on the location you are shipping from. The cost is usually stated on the webpage of your local postal service.