Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Unstructured jacket in Dugdale Plain Navy.

[​IMG]

2. luxire

I avoided answering as did not want to sound rude. But, if you insist:

1. Have seen many packaging like that. SuitSupply is pretty good too. Glad to pack one in a container and bill the buyer for it. We pack it in a suit cover, folded and placed in a simple flat box.

2. Visit our factory. I guess I do not understand your query or may be it does not make sense to me.

3. NO. If any damage would have happened, we would have read it on the forum. If one feel insecure, best not to send.

4. Will try posting that again. I would think that the color is very close to real.

What is available is on the site. None expected in the near future.

-------------------------------------------
    If one does not get a response on the forum, there can be many reasons for it. Best to send an email in such cases.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014

3. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

4. althanis

althanis Senior member

For what it's worth, I didn't see anything inappropriate in your questions. But who knows what lens he's viewing them through that causes him to be offended by it. Anyway, your response was very polite, hopefully that's the end of the matter.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

:laugh:

Wait a minute... that was funny.

6. luxire

The exact issue with the questions was the question number 2. If your sample clothes are stored in a moth infested hell, then why would you expect your other clothes to come out clean?

I think I need to take exception if someone questions our basic work premise. I do not see any language barriers here. "How do you store" was followed by "moth free?".

Same for point 3. I think I was amply clear that "very rarely" would any stitches be opened and will only be done if we are 100% confident that is could be re-done like it never happened. If you do not accept that we are atleast capable of doing that, then again, then even considering any of our items is a wastage of your time.

"Taking apart partially" is your exaggeration of my statement.

I do not again agree that your queries are not replied to. There may have been some delays sometimes, just like for others. But that is a genuine issue.

7. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

what is going on?

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

It almost seems like Luxire's account was hacked or something. All those questions seemed very appropriate. I personally would not want any item I send in to be opened in any way, shape, or form. These responses seem very rude and totally uncalled for. I've been a Luxire supporter for quite some time now, and I have no idea why your questions couldn't have been answered in a much more kind and straightforward manner.

Question 1 could have been answered like this: "We can ship in a box like this for a slight upcharge." Luxire chose to make a snide comment instead by asking clapeyron how many other retailers he has seen ship jackets like this.

Question 2: "We take great care to ensure that items sent in are stored properly and kept in a safe environment. We have not had any issues with items that were sent in from any customers." Luxire instead chose again to insult the customer for insinuating that items are stored in a "moth infested hell."

Question 3: "It is extremely rare that we need to open up a garment that is sent in, but on the off chance we require to do this, we will notify the customer ahead of time." Luxire berated the customer for assuming they don't know what they're doing when they open up garments that are shipped in by customers, basically saying "we know what we're doing, don't question our methods."

Question 4: this is about the only one they answered appropriately.

9. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

That's mine! Just got a ship notification. Super excited!

10. luxire

Account was not hacked :)

The customer's query no. 2 was insulting, hence the replies.

Yes, everything can be replied to politely and I have been doing it for a long time.

11. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Probably they were just asking for reassurance that valuable items are kept with care. I don't think one should assume insult was intended when such a query is made.

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

"How do you store items sent in for copying?"

That was the question. I can't imagine how that question could come across as insulting. The rest if the questions were clearly not insulting either, but each of them were met with condescending replies. Also, @clapeyron has been a great champion of Luxire, and has probably single handedly earned new customers for Luxire with his posts here in this thread. So to treat him with that kind of attitude is extremely bizarre at best, and downright rude at worst.

13. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Meh. Luxire's response certainly isn't good but I mostly agree with them (though they should respond in a nicer way clearly). If I didn't think Luxire could unstitch and restitch a garment of mine I wouldn't have them making my clothes in the first place. They're a bespoke tailor FFS.

14. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Super funny. And I love your (new) avatar :bigstar:

Pretty sure someone else from the Luxire team is responding; from the language/style used, think your previous questions were answered by someone else.

15. luxire

It is a difficult argument.

I think the next set of queries will be: I am paying in advance. Will you actually ship the items I order? What is the probability that you will not run away with my money? In case you run away, what is the legal procedure given that we will be dealing with 2, may be 3 legal jurisdictions?

Now, the question is fair. But, is is required? Is it required after reading through 700+ pages on the forum? Same with the query number 2. Like the question above will be insulting to any business that has bee running for some time, similarly, question 2 is perceived as insulting when hundreds of people have said that they sent their clothes for measurements and no one has said that it came back to give him skin rashes.

How much reassurance does one need?

I have a lot of respect for Clapeyron, hence the query was a bigger surprise. Given how articulated Beatlegeuse has always been, I see his insistence that I was rude as a statement of fact.

My apologies to all for the digression and to Clapyeron for the unsavory replies.

So now, will reply to the question:
    Any garment that is received from the customer is treated with utmost care. The reason is simple. It is something that we cannot replace for the customer. He has sent it to us because it is dear to him and he would like more of it. We thus connect it to the emotion of the customer and we dare not hurt a customer emotionally.

So, when something is treated with so much love and when the love is questioned, it hurts. But may be, it is a part of the trade.

As for opening a garment up, it is rarely done. Like, we once received a quilted jacket. We tried replicating the quilting in different ways but it would not be the same. We first bought the matching thread. Then, we then opened about 7-8 stitches from a corner, spread the area to see what exactly was underneath. The stitches were then replaced with the matching thread we had bought. Such would be the rare cases. Not more than 1 in 500 clothes would be subjected to this.