Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ He's got a limited budget. The sensible thing is going for the cheapest one. Both to get the sizing right and to save money. Once he's landed his first job he can start stocking up on higher quality shirts. A student doesn't need to start investing seriously in his wardrobe if he doesn't have the money to do so. No one expects him to wear expensive, high quality stuff anyway.

Save your money to take a nice girl out on a date - that's an investment.

2. Patrick R

Patrick R Senior member

3. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

I kind of feel this way too. After four orders and fourteen garments, I'm only so much closer to pieces that are actually wearable, and still very far from perfection. I recognise that trial and error is the nature of MTM and, to be fair, the vast majority of the blame is my own, but there is that small margin of blame for Luxire. What I'm referring to are the little mistakes and oversights in construction that regrettably turn up on each order, and sometimes make you feel like you're wasting your time and money—especially when very clear and detailed instructions have been provided with the orders. It almost seems like they're rushing construction, because the finishing can appear quite sloppy (on pants more so than shirts), and with the oversights that I mentioned.

Really, the only thing keeping me with MTM is the price. Otherwise, I'd most likely stick to RTW such as Howard Yount etc.

4. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

I received my changed shirt and pants now from luxire. What do you think of the fit? I have to note, that the cloths are unwashed and not ironed yet

Regarding to the crinkles at the backside, I hope that will get better after washing and ironing.

My suggested changes are:
    Bigger armholes
    Right shoulder more narrow
    Decrease the waist-circumference even more (do you think I should change only the back width or also the front width to get rid of these crinkles at the waist?

Would you suggest, that I should decrease the front and back raise, that the pants sit lower on my waist because of the proportions? Or is it ok as it is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

5. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

15th June is Father's Day.

Place Father's Day gift orders till the 4th of June and we will deliver them on time for the occasion. Please add to the notes: Father's Day Delivery.

No Minnis, Dugdale, Brisbane Moss, Grandi fabric items, no custom printed pocket squares please.

Another item that will brighten up his mornings is the kit below. It is a fun change from the Mach3s and Fusions. The close shave is unmatched. You start looking at your face again. Give it a try.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

6. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

All looks very good to me. The rise is fine, but I wouldn't go any higher for your proportions, and you could go lower if you want to. This is a lesson I've learned from my recent order. You're quite skinny and tall, as am I, and I've realised that a high rise simply does not work for those proportions, especially if the trousers are a slim cut. Further on the trousers, do you feel like the hips and seat are fitted enough? Looks like you could go just a fraction snugger, but it's hard to tell.

On the shirt, I would reduce the cuffs, but that's merely a personal preference. My wrist circumference is 6.25" and my cuff measurement is 7.25". The waist looks about right to me, but if you insist on reducing it, my advice is to be very cautious—I'm talking fractions of an inch, because you can never overestimate the results.

7. Bakkerrr

Bakkerrr Active Member

Shirt: looks fine,but you could decrease cuffsize.
    Pants: looks just fine, personally I think you should increase lenght of pants, it's too short. After washing it will probably get more short. I would have them fall on your shoes with a small break.

8. luxire

3 New Casual Shirts:

[​IMG]

9. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

Hi guys,
    I am wearing the seersucker shirt today, so here are a few pics. I will take a proper ones sometime during the weekend. Should publish a new post maybe this evening on the green striped shirt with some interesting details.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

If you guys can guarantee this im definitely in! Props to you for getting on top of your orders to Luxire!

11. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

@luxire please get back to me about the PM I sent you, thank you.

Have to say, I am officially disappointed in my wait time. I am currently on my 9th week (placed my order April 11th) and I have heard absolutely nothing about my order. My order consists of a single shirt. Hoping I can also get my order by father's day, if such expediency can be achieved with new orders.

12. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Email is the preferred method of contacting them.

13. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I hope the father's day offer also counts for older orders?

14. luxire

Yes, as long as they are within the parameters of the offer, we will guarantee delivery.

We are still not on top of our orders. Did get some queries for Father's Day deliveries and thought it would be good gesture to let children give their father some nice gifts.

Sadly no. But, we are running a set of processes to deliver them fast and get back to normal delivery times.

Apologies to disappoint. Will have someone look into it and reply to your query.

15. luxire

Most of our customers now order unfused collars. Some then complain then they are too soft etc. Not their fault.

To get around the issue, we did a set of internal experiments to determine what would work best, trying things inhouse and involving some customers in the tests.

Our finding was that, the complains are because of the soft neckband, which looks lifeless when worn.

We thus went on to make some more shirts with lightly lined collars and medium fused neckbands. We have been washing and wearing them for a couple of months now to see how we like them. We love them. The customers who had issues with the soft collars also liked the idea of stiffening the neckband while keeping the collars soft.

Thus, we conclude that a good way on enjoying light, unfused collars are with "stiff" neckbands, possibly fused.

We will not make it a standard yet, but, will encourage customers to try. Based on further feedback, we can consider standardizing the same.