• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those in the legal profession:

Detachable English collar with Barrister Tabs

Detachable Wingtip collar with Barrister Tabs

zeBanker

Reaction score
I haven't made any request on the buttons so these are the standard ones. Thick MOP as always. They're fine to me
Dito, for me as well. For any reason they seemed to look different than mine on the pics, that's why I was asking.

Macs

Reaction score

No, sorry. Unfortunately not. Only got some navy chinos fabrics, few cream/white and one corduroy
No need to be sorry, thanks for your answer. :)
Finally, seersucker pants. We have had the fabrics for some time now, people have often asked for them, but, never really ordered.
Do you have any seersucker with not much contrast between the two colors? For example black and dark blue or two shades of brown...

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any seersucker with not much contrast between the two colors? For example black and dark blue or two shades of brown...

This can be considered.

aussiejake

Reaction score
Any one have any experience/recommendations with the more expensive shirting fabrics - Mondi and Grandi? Have been less than impressed with two of the budget fabrics (lustrous fine white being one of them).

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
Any one have any experience/recommendations with the more expensive shirting fabrics - Mondi and Grandi? Have been less than impressed with two of the budget fabrics (lustrous fine white being one of them).
I've got the Grandi & Rubinelli Pale Blue End On End, which couldn't be more perfect in my opinion. If I could only have one shirt from Luxire, that would be it.

aussiejake

Reaction score
I've got the Grandi & Rubinelli Pale Blue End On End, which couldn't be more perfect in my opinion. If I could only have one shirt from Luxire, that would be it.

What's the weight and performance of the shirt? One huge issue I had with the cheaper fabrics are the thinness/texture and the amount of wrinkling/creasing. Coming from Thomas Mason Silverline fabrics, this was very unappealing.

Might grab some fabric swatches of these to check out.

PtrckHmphrys

Reaction score
What's the weight and performance of the shirt? One huge issue I had with the cheaper fabrics are the thinness/texture and the amount of wrinkling/creasing. Coming from Thomas Mason Silverline fabrics, this was very unappealing.

Might grab some fabric swatches of these to check out.
Can't speak to the performance of the shirt, as I've only just got it. It's fairly lightweight, but still feels substantial and cotton rich. It wrinkles like any shirt, but not overly so. But in terms of colour and texture, it's the ideal everyday blue shirt.

mothon

Reaction score
Just got the shirts. Ordered on 1st of May, delivered today. I made some adjustments to the measurements so Luxire had to remake the pattern. I am very happy with the fabrics, they are soft which was an important factor.
Fabrics from the left: White Green Dress Shirt, Blue Dress Stripes Seersucker, Superfine White 200/2. Seersucker is amazing. Not so thin - can definitely be an all year round shirt. Green striped is thinner and the superfine even finer - obviously.
Can provide you with the details if requested. I will take some more shots of myself wearing shirts during next week or so. I also got 30 swatches of shirt and trouser fabrics so if anyone is interested I can take photos of these too.

I am glad I went with the seersucker for my first shirt. Yours looks great. Can't wait to see fit pics.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cotton Dockers, much appreciated if you can post a full pic of the popover? construction details? TIA...

Here are a few pics and construction details of the Summer sky blue chambray (spoilered):

1x Sky Blue Summer Chambray - Sleeve: Short - Fit: Custom - Collar: Button Down - Cuff: Custom - Back: Center Pleats - Pocket: Custom - Placket: Pullover Shirt -

Your custom style and fitting requirements:
Would like to get a chambray popover short-sleeved shirt done here. For the pockets, I would like two standard flap pockets, one on each breast.

Sleeve length should be 18.25 from middle of back/yoke, or 9" from the top of the shoulder seem. Opening at the end of the short sleeve should be 7.75" (15.5" around).

I would like a button down unlined/unfused collar with 3.5" tips and a buttoning point 2.5" away from the neck for a nice full collar roll

TheSmall

Reaction score
Hi all, my first contribution to SF here so be gentle :).

I'm considering to buy a white shirt for a wedding later this summer. Since I'm a student I'd appreciate some versitability such as going to interviews and company events but also for "casually well dressed occasions" if you understand.

Primarily I'm looking for a fabric that you'd recommend for this style which should preferably be in the lower price range due to my limited student budget, but also general tips are welcome.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi all, my first contribution to SF here so be gentle :).

I'm considering to buy a white shirt for a wedding later this summer. Since I'm a student I'd appreciate some versitability such as going to interviews and company events but also for "casually well dressed occasions" if you understand.

Primarily I'm looking for a fabric that you'd recommend for this style which should preferably be in the lower price range due to my limited student budget, but also general tips are welcome.

I'd go with the cheapest Poplin. No one outside of SF is gonna see that big of a difference. I wore a shirt from H&M for my first interviews (in finance), and I never got the impression that anyone thought less of me for it. It won't work that well in casual settings though. For that I'd get a blue OCBD.

Ironballs

Reaction score
Although I understand your intention of being frugal, there's a difference between being stingy and understanding the necessity of investments. A white shirt is a white shirt, and if you don't wear it often, it won't wear and lose its value. Especially with a limited budget, you should look at the fabrics in the $79.99 - $99.99 range.

But then again, satisfaction depends on your expectations. If fabric quality isn't that important, then you could aim for the cheapest range. But in the future, once you escape the shackles of a limited budget, you might end up in a situation where you regret getting the lowest quality.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads