Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

For those in the legal profession:

Detachable English collar with Barrister Tabs

[​IMG]

Detachable Wingtip collar with Barrister Tabs

[​IMG]

2. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

I haven't made any request on the buttons so these are the standard ones. Thick MOP as always. They're fine to me

3. zeBanker

zeBanker Senior member

Dito, for me as well. For any reason they seemed to look different than mine on the pics, that's why I was asking.

4. Macs

Macs Senior member

No need to be sorry, thanks for your answer. :)
    Do you have any seersucker with not much contrast between the two colors? For example black and dark blue or two shades of brown...

5. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

This can be considered.

6. Macs

Macs Senior member

Sorry, my mistake in not specifying that I am looking for trousers seersucker with low contrast.

7. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Any one have any experience/recommendations with the more expensive shirting fabrics - Mondi and Grandi? Have been less than impressed with two of the budget fabrics (lustrous fine white being one of them).

8. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

I've got the Grandi & Rubinelli Pale Blue End On End, which couldn't be more perfect in my opinion. If I could only have one shirt from Luxire, that would be it.

9. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

What's the weight and performance of the shirt? One huge issue I had with the cheaper fabrics are the thinness/texture and the amount of wrinkling/creasing. Coming from Thomas Mason Silverline fabrics, this was very unappealing.

Might grab some fabric swatches of these to check out.

10. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

Can't speak to the performance of the shirt, as I've only just got it. It's fairly lightweight, but still feels substantial and cotton rich. It wrinkles like any shirt, but not overly so. But in terms of colour and texture, it's the ideal everyday blue shirt.

11. mothon

mothon Senior member

I am glad I went with the seersucker for my first shirt. Yours looks great. Can't wait to see fit pics.

12. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Here are a few pics and construction details of the Summer sky blue chambray (spoilered):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1x Sky Blue Summer Chambray - Sleeve: Short - Fit: Custom - Collar: Button Down - Cuff: Custom - Back: Center Pleats - Pocket: Custom - Placket: Pullover Shirt -

Your custom style and fitting requirements:
    Would like to get a chambray popover short-sleeved shirt done here. For the pockets, I would like two standard flap pockets, one on each breast.

Sleeve length should be 18.25 from middle of back/yoke, or 9" from the top of the shoulder seem. Opening at the end of the short sleeve should be 7.75" (15.5" around).

I would like a button down unlined/unfused collar with 3.5" tips and a buttoning point 2.5" away from the neck for a nice full collar roll

13. TheSmall

TheSmall Member

Hi all, my first contribution to SF here so be gentle :).

I'm considering to buy a white shirt for a wedding later this summer. Since I'm a student I'd appreciate some versitability such as going to interviews and company events but also for "casually well dressed occasions" if you understand.

Primarily I'm looking for a fabric that you'd recommend for this style which should preferably be in the lower price range due to my limited student budget, but also general tips are welcome.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014

14. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd go with the cheapest Poplin. No one outside of SF is gonna see that big of a difference. I wore a shirt from H&M for my first interviews (in finance), and I never got the impression that anyone thought less of me for it. It won't work that well in casual settings though. For that I'd get a blue OCBD.

15. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

Although I understand your intention of being frugal, there's a difference between being stingy and understanding the necessity of investments. A white shirt is a white shirt, and if you don't wear it often, it won't wear and lose its value. Especially with a limited budget, you should look at the fabrics in the $79.99 - $99.99 range.

But then again, satisfaction depends on your expectations. If fabric quality isn't that important, then you could aim for the cheapest range. But in the future, once you escape the shackles of a limited budget, you might end up in a situation where you regret getting the lowest quality.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014