1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. mothon

mothon Senior Member

Going to order my first shirt this evening. Blue dress stripes seersucker with the Turner one-piece collar. The only thing I havn't decided is hidden button down or magnets.

2. mothon

mothon Senior Member

I wonder if people that are sending in trousers to be replicated are having the same issues.

3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

I placed a new order asking for adjustments, so hopefully it'll be fixed this time.

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Brisbane Moss Emerald Green Twill Chino:

[​IMG]

5. Rincon

Rincon Senior Member

This is cool... I've always prefered raglan (when I can find it) for my t-shirts... any possibility of a picture with you wearing it?

6. mrjester

mrjester Distinguished Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Closeup of the Indigo Blue Mini-Gingham. NOBD1, placket. Thin fabric. Will wrinkle plenty.

[​IMG]
    Closeup of the Washed Indigo Linen Chambray. NOBD2, no placket. I wanted to mimick the Brembana Chambray exactly.
    This is THICK. I'm going to wash it a few times. Can't wait to actually wear it.

[​IMG]
    Tried on the Washed Indigo with SC. Couldn't get a good picture, so here's a bad one.

[​IMG]
    Closeup of the two fabrics together under natural light.

[​IMG]
    I didn't request this in the pants, whatever the fabric name is. But first thing I thought was, "That's f'n cool!" Girlfriend thought the same. Makes the pants a little fun.

[​IMG]
    Closeup of the Summer Soft Khaki Twill Chino fabric. Not the best picture. Not too thin. It's rather perfect.. the half-hip is a bit large, needs a trip to the tailor.

[​IMG]
    Comparison of the Brembana Navy Chambray (back) and the Washed Indigo Linen Chambray. I loved the brembana so much but was upset that it was so thick, I couldn't wear it in Phoenix. So, I just duplicated it.

[​IMG]
    Resting comfortably at home until I wash them later tonight.

Last edited: May 29, 2014

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

^ good stuff. Luxire seems to be taking a lot of liberties with funky fabrics on the inside of the waistband on pants lately. My pair of light grey fresco trousers I'm wearing today has a white-blue-green check in there. I didn't ask for it, but I kinda like it. Warning to others, if you DON'T want something like this, make sure to specify exactly what you want there.

8. mrjester

There was definitely a moment of pause when the package was opened. My girlfriend was sitting next to me and commented that she thought it was pretty awesome, too. I was expecting just blue oxford cloth or stripes. I really like this. Adds a level of playfulness to a serious-ish pair of pants.

Kinda like there's a party in my pants, and only I know about it.

Wait, what?

9. NOBD

NOBD Distinguished Member

Suitable for summer, though?

10. mrjester

Might not be. I mean, summer here is around 45c. It gets hot, and it's almost there already. This might be too thick for that.

Let me put it this way. I had to compare it a little closer than I expected to make sure Luxire didn't send me the Brembana fabric. Also, my girlfriend commented, "Is that really for summer?..." The good news is, I don't think it'll wrinkle very much.

Nice to see you're aboard the micro gingham linen train. That's the shirt I wear the most often.

Last edited: May 29, 2014

11. Keal19

Keal19 Senior Member

Would you be able to do a (real) fur collar/lining on something like this?

12. NOBD

Hm. This was supposed to become my "Summer Navy Brembana"... On the other hand: 45c.... c=Celsius?

13. mrjester

That's exactly why I got it. You'll see when you get it. It's maybe twice as thick as, or more than, the light blue linen chambray.

Yeah. AZ gets around 112f to 120f. I just shifted to Celsius for you. Shorts and un-tucked rolled up linen shirt weather, with flip flops.

14. NOBD

Thanks for shifting. Wow, 45c. Over here, 25 is considered hot...

15. mrjester

36.6c today, will be 42c on Saturday. Only getting hotter by July :)

Starting a new job Monday which will consist of working from home and, one to two days a week (maybe less), holding meetings discussing ongoing projects between clients. Probably going to get one or two of something like this:

http://luxire.com/collections/linen-shirts/products/pale-blue-cool-linen-cotton

Cotton mixed in so it doesn't wrinkle as much, as to be a tad more professional. You ever get this swatch? (I have it, just curious how you feel about it as well).

Might go with this as well:
    http://luxire.com/collections/linen-shirts/products/cream-linen-cotton