1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. joewmoss

joewmoss Senior member

2. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

You know that is a good point. I just presumed fed-ex standardized the time rather then reporting local time

3. MattSF

MattSF Well-Known Member

4. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Regarding Fresco suitings, have a go at this article: www.gentlemansgazette.com/fresco-wool-fabric-suit-outfit/

I haven't a pair of trousers in Fresco yet, but what I've read and seen has convinced me. I'm going to try the fabric this spring and summer, most likely ordering from Luxire. Just waiting for my first order to arrive to check fit.

Edit: typo. D'oh.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  5. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Fresco and flannel are probably the two most beloved fabrics on the forums. And Minnis makes great ones. I have a few suits in the 9/10 oz stuff, which I love. I haven't tried the other two weights or their flannel, but I've ordered a pair of the lightweight fresco and the flannels from Luxire.

6. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Please let us know how they come out!

7. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Luxire keeps making it harder to not order. Has anyone tried sending in an item (pants here) to be measured and copied, but with slight adjustments? In my case, taking in the bottom of the seat and the waist, slightly. Did it turn out ok?

8. mattcritchlow

mattcritchlow Well-Known Member

Agreed, the Minnis and Dugdale offerings are widely respected and great fabrics. And the pricing from Luxire, for the quality of work I've seen so far, is quite impressive.

While waiting on my second order from Luxire, I am contemplating a few pair of spring/summer (San Diego) trousers in unlined Fresco. Leaning towards a pair of the light grey 9/10oz (0546) and debating either the new sand color (0549) or the wheat(0519). Can't tell which of the colors would be more flexible and useful between sand and wheat.

9. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

The delivery got changed to Monday. The FedEx tracker through Luxire's email DOES say to give it time to present accurate stats. It first said Wednesday, then Friday, now Monday. No big deal.

I'm selfish. I want this stuff so I can order more! :) I sent in a shirt for them to take the measurements from, with a few differences noted on a paper in the box as well as a few emails. I'm so stoked.

10. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I sent in a shirt, pants and coat. Already had the shirt made with reasonably significant adjustments. Came out extremely well.

11. timotune

timotune Senior member

12. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

FedEx does seem to be having some issues with accuracy lately. I posted yesterday about how they were listing my shipment as "N/A" but then they tried to deliver it today while I was out. If we weren't experiencing some heavy snowfall I'd head over to the depot and pick it up, but as it is, I'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see how my new shirt fits.

13. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

I think that I got the fit almost dialed in on my Luxire shirts but I think the shoulders are a bit off. This is something I wouldn't worry much about in RTW but when I'm doing MTM, I "want" more in terms of shirt fit.

The shoulder seam is at 2 as you can see, but I think it would be better if they are at point 1 in the picture. Point one is about where the top of my shoulders start sloping downwards. Is this an OK assesment as to where the shoulder seam should lie if I want a "standard" shirt shoulder.

And to get to where the shoulders seams are at point 1, I should reduce the yoke measurement, right? The current yoke measurement is 19.25" but I'm a bit unsure how much to change it. I might go down to 18.50, but that is of course difficult for you guys to have an opinion of based solely on this picture.

Does changing the yoke affect the fit of the rest of the shirt, meaning that I should alter other measurements as a result of that?

[​IMG]

14. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

^^ I have a very similar question regarding how yoke and chest interact. Can anyone enlighten us?

(Note to Xtra: sleeve measurements will clearly be affected, as sleeve measurements are from cuff to shoulder seam or from cuff to middle of yoke--either way they will need to be increased if you reduce yoke measurement.)

15. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Maybe you should try and contact Luxire themselves before asking more than one place? Because they have a whole team that sits down and discuss what changes they think should be made to the fit of the shirt and are generally very helpful and knowledgable. Your yoke is too long, your armhole is too long, sleeve width is way too wide, so much to fix for your next order, if you had taken a picture of the whole shirt it would also be easier to see if you need to lengthen the shirt length and sleeve length.

16. sm31

sm31 Senior member

It would be nice if Luxire listed Minnis the fabric codes in their listings (as above).

17. nkhuong

nkhuong Member

I would try pinching on one shoulder until it seems right. Remember to double the amount because you're reducing both shoulders. So if you need 1" less on one side, put in 2" less for the entire yoke.
    How's the neck fit for that shirt? Even without buttoning the collar, it looks like you have a lot of room there.

18. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

I don't know which would be more flexible. My two most-worn pants are light gray and khaki fresco. (Neither is Minnis; both were RTW from before I knew of Minnis and internet forums.) I believe the colors are lighter irl than they appear on the Huddersfield site, and so wheat is probably the one closer to khaki irl. Sand is more of very light beige iirc. It'd be great too. That color is probably more classic in linen or cotton, and pants like that are probably my third most worn pants. Having them in fresco would make them easier to care for though.

19. Gwarg

Gwarg Senior member

Just received my Luxire dressing gown, in the Navy Twill Flannel. Fits great and the construction is excellent!
    Will definitely be placing orders for shirts/trousers.

20. Xtra

Xtra Senior member

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I've already sent Luxire a mail about this, but no answer yet.

I'm going to reduce neck, waist and yoke.

nkhuong: thanks for the tip about reducing both sides.

tobiasj: Thanks for the input, I'm a bit curious in terms of how reducing the yoke affects the rest of the shirt.

rankiz: Thanks, as mentioned that is already done, but no reply.

Sleeve width probably can be reduced as well, thanks. Do you still think armhole should be altered on the basis of these new pictures?

New and (hopefully) better pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013