1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Good to hear. Hope my shirt order is coming along nicely, too.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

has anybody compared these with Jantzen? thanks

3. fox81

fox81 Senior member

the luxire shirts are superior to my jantzen shirts. jantzen does have a big range of fabric though, so hopefully luxire add to theirs. nicer buttons, nicer finishing and better attention to detail than jantzen.

4. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Club Collar anyone? The Harvard Collar

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  5. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Looks nice. Keep posting the pics, love seeing them.

6. luxire

7. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I suspect that may be mine. Looks great.

8. luxire

Your suspicion is correct. I should say, looks great :)

9. Patek

Patek Senior member

I tried twice to order a shirt and both limes the site froze up on me. Once I started a chat so see if whomever was chatting could help but they were looking into it and never got back to me so I gave up.

I'm a little concerned about the shape of that shirt. Is that the ESF? There seems to be no tapering in the waist at all.

10. luxire

Sincere apologies Patek. Things seem to be back on track now. We are also available on chat now.

That's a custom fit. The taper would change depending on the provided measurements.

11. Patek

Patek Senior member

So, where in the order form do I provide waist measurements? I am a 17, 35, 44 chest (in BB) and my actual waist measurement is 37". I like slim fitting shirts with no ballooning.

I tried again today to buy this shirt but it I get an error code every time:

http://luxire.com/collections/checks/products/patriotic-white-blue-red-checks

12. luxire

On going to the page for the fabric you chose, if you scroll down a bit, you would see measurement options on the left and style options on the right. In the measurement options window, there is a link called "Enter Custom Sizes" at the bottom. Once you click on that, you will be able to see options to enter custom sizes.

Once you have selected your options, you can click on "Add to Cart" at the bottom of the window. You will be redirected to the cart page. On this page, there is a notes window where you can enter other customization details that are not available on the fabric selection page. Illustrated here

If the issue persists, let me know. Will find a solution.

13. Patek

Patek Senior member

I don't know all of my measurements so I would have to take those first in order to do a custom size. Either way, it doesn't let me add to cart. I get:

400 Bad Request

14. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks !

15. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

FYI, that shirt is approximately the measurements of an Epaulet medium, minus the darts in back.

16. luxire

[​IMG]

Another fun shirt to make....and wear.

17. pasey25

pasey25 Well-Known Member

received my 2 shirts during the week

need to put them through the wash. Surprisingly grimy and marked, hope it all comes out in the wash. Either the button thread was reaaaly grimy or there is a difference in colour in the thread they used for shanking vs the straight button sewing.. First impressions. fabric and general finish look good. Cuffs and collars nice and soft as I requested. Button shanking not as good as other shirts I have. Buttons a little dissapointing. I note some others have said that the buttons were good. I will compare with one of the above posters who I know personally.

I asked for no luxire label and only the fabric maker label. Was informed that they could not put the fabric maker label which I agreed/acknowledged. Unfortunately they put the luxire label on the inside which I didn't want. I also asked for a contrast gusset. The colour I requested was not available and grey was suggested as an alternative and I agreed. Unfortunately the grey fabric is a check which looks weird and wasn't noted by Luxire at the time.

Will revert on fit once its washed and ironed.

18. luxire

Hi Pasey25,
    I am a bit surprised to read this review as our quality checks prevent such mishaps from being sent to the customer.
    I will strongly review the process again to make sure such a thing can never happen again.

For your shirts, if you would like to have them corrected, will be glad to do that. Have sent you an email with the information.

19. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Quality control has to be constantly monitored. Little things can always happen otherwise.

20. luxire

Absolutely agree.

As a rule, we check measurements and instructions multiple times before a shirt is dispatched.

The instruction is that any smallest of error, even if not visible, should not go through. There are clear processes for cleaning and packing.

But yes, it is a moment of introspection and improving the process. I thank Pasey25 for that.

As for the grey checks, I had chosen it for the contrast gusset even though it was a more expensive fabric than the base shirt. The reason was that I thought it would look best and it was the close in color to what was ordered. On second thoughts, may be I should have checked.