Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

Do luxire actually have models? I thought it was all custom? What do you plan on having your tailor do to fix the back of the trousers? I have a pair from Luxire that's a bit snug in the crotch but wasn't sure if it could be fixed to alleviate the issue.

2. books and tweed

books and tweed Senior member

3. lukejackson

lukejackson Senior member

^^ I also would like to see that fabric made up as a shirt.

Has anyone experience with the charcoal grey cotton dress pants?

I'm thinking about it as a cotton alternative for office wear.

4. LoKey

LoKey Senior member

Mixed results update: I didn't hear back from Luxire after emailing them a week ago about adjustments to an order already placed, but I did receiving a shipping notification today. So, while the email responsiveness continues to be an issue the notification for shipment of 2 chinos came just 19 days after the order were placed. That's several days quicker than my previous order in April.

I'll post some pictures of the fit when they arrive. I'm hoping they were able to fix the bunching problems.

5. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've been a bit lazy, but I finally managed to leave my pants at my alterations tailor. He had some ideas on how to fix the bunching. I'll question him more on the subject when I pick my pants up, as he's one of the few non-bespoke tailors I have big confidence in.

6. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

@luxire , what would be my best bet for sending cloth to you to be made into shirts? Can it be sent to the NJ office, or should it go directly to India? Did the cheaper option you mentioned back in March (quoted above) ever get sorted out?

7. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

I sent 10 yards of SG Chambray to NJ with no problems, along with a custom made shirt to have copied. I have also sent in a bespoke pair of trousers to NJ, all with no issues, if that helps.

DL-

8. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

I suppose this could work, since I never saw them starting to offer the free option: http://custom.luxire.com/products/prepay-for-shipping-an-item-to-us

9. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Lusterous fine white is a good fabric to start. It breaks in well and is all around pretty comfortable and not too wrinkle prone IMO.

10. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Everyone says it is. I have it and I love it.

Side-note... no blue-greenish Brembana any more, @luxire ? That was going to be on my order come this Friday :-(

11. Chrisone

Chrisone Active Member

When you've sent shirts back to India to be remade, have you gotten a notice when they safely arrive there and when they ship back to you?

I sent some shirts to be remade some time ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

12. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:There will be no notification letter. When the shirt is constructed, the company will send the new shirt along with the measured shirt in the same package. The whole process took five weeks, but it's much better than manually submitting measurements. My replicated shirt is exactly how I wanted it. If you want, you can always email Theresa. She's very good with emails or private messages.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  13. Chrisone

Chrisone Active Member

Actually I asked about Luxire shirts that are sent back to them to be fixed/remade (had an issue with the collars). But I think you answered my question anyway...

14. Hammi

Hammi Member

Ordered today. Man, I'm going to be in love with this brand if I finally found a cheap way to buy clothes that fit my ridiculous body proportions.

Speaking of this brand, is it pronounced "luxury?"

15. mothon

mothon Senior member

I have 800 dollars in luxire gift cards that I need to use. I think I am going to order 2 chinos, dugdale trousers, and 3 shirts, maybe some jeans if I happen to have any money leftover. Im going to send in pants and shirt for measurements.