Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Hammi

Hammi Member

When filling out measurements for a custom shirt, should I add length to account for shrinkage or will Luxire take care of that for me?

2. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The shipping label is sent electronically, usually within a day, longer sometimes as it is manually created.

We were working with Fedex to automate the same. Need to rework on that.

It is best to place the order for the item and including the order number in the packet being sent.

3. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

I wondered the same thing. I'm 5-6 shirts into them and i've yet to see any that shrink at all.

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Made another formal suit. Need to improve photography.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

The suits are getting very nice. Also contrary to some of the opinions I liked the shoes that were posted.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  6. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

After initially delivering trousers with missing and/or different features, Luxire eventually came through and made more than good on their promise of customer satisfaction by providing a free remake.

The whole process took from February fourth till today, I assume a busy backlog and the move of their operation are responsible for that. The fabric was the mushroom twill chino, though it is currently out of stock. (The shirt is an old TM Linen and not by Luxire)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since this is a newer higher rise model I will have to tweak the half hip measurements as well as the seat a tiny bit. Depending on where the trousers sit, the buttocks currently either devours my trousers or they appear to hang too saggy. Nothing my local tailor shouldn't be able to fix.

In the end while it is admittedly annoying having to wait for emails and orders, I feel that Luxire products are well worth the wait.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  7. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Luxire Mac arrived today, very happy.
    [​IMG]

8. Hammi

Hammi Member

Any folks have recommendations on the best mid-weight white dress shirt fabric under $90 to wear multiple times per week?

Also, how do you guys keep your collars from getting that filthy ring of dirt?

9. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

First issue might be wearing the same shirt multiple times per week... [​IMG]

10. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

It's called a shower.

11. Hammi

Hammi Member

Heh.. well I won't drop $500 on a brand I haven't even tested out yet

12. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Try just ordering one shirt then?

13. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

All kidding aside, I don't have any firsthand experience, so grain of salt, but people seem to like the Lustrous Fine White, and the White Twill could be another option. You can always order swatches if you're very concerned.

14. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

If you are going for a first shirt and don't already have a good fitting example, be aware that poplin is the hardest to fit. Hence, if you manage to nail poplin anything else should be easy, conversely, smaller imperfections in fit will be much more visible.

Could anybody advise a fabric Luxire stocks with similar softness to poplin with a bit more more (mid) weight? Maybe French pinpoint?

15. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Both good fabrics, and also good choices for a first shirt since the investment in cost is minimal. You don't want anything too expensive for your initial fit experiment.

Opinions seem to vary greatly on the Lustrous Fine White. More than one person complained that it's wrinkle-prone but my own experience has been the opposite -- I bought one as a staple wear-to-work shirt and liked it so much that I had a second one made with a French cuff. They are now my favourite white shirts.