• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

sigbar

Reaction score
Rain Mac and Harrington look great. Can't wait for my Mac.

A shame about the lining colour of the Harrington - but I agree with others that the colour chosen looks pretty damn good...! You might be able to get a good tailor to figure something out with the armholes...

If I have learnt one thing thru spending ~5k with Luxire, it's that you should be as decriptive and accurate as possible to avoid misunderstandings.

Ie don't say "dark brown horn buttons" - attach a picture of roughly what you are after. Don't say oxblood - send a photo of the colour, or ask Luxire if then can send you a few photos of what they have so you can pick.

Hopefully the new site will make things a bit easier for us and for Luxire.

Like some others have pointed out I did include a picture of the color of buttons I wanted. And actually, even though I forgot to mention in it the original post, I did include a picture of the color I wanted for the lining as well. I'm kinda warming to the color of the lining I received, but that's not really the point. When you order and pay for a specific color, you expect that color to arrive.

I'd like to add that Luxire has offered to fix the armholes for free (with me paying for shipping both ways) - which involves replacing the sleeves. I was told that the armholes were increased accordingly with the measurements I gave for the biceps. The thing is I used measurements from a jacket I own and the biceps measurements from Luxire are spot on, but the armhole is very different. I guess it would be vise to specify the armhole for anyone thinking about getting a Harrington jacket.

Last edited:

Hammi

Reaction score
Would you all recommend against customizing a shirt to be dual purposed - providing measurements so a shirt can be worn both tucked and untucked? I've read that longer shirts prevent against shirt bunching at the small of your back. However I'm only just starting out in the professional world, so I don't have money to buy many shirts. Would you order shirts with lengths ~29.5 inches to be worn both tucked and untucked, or simply be patient and for now, buy a longer shirt if it will be tucked in?

Last edited:

SeanMarcellus

Reaction score
Are these guys still around?

They messed up on charging my order, paypal said they waited to long, so I sent them the money then they charged me again, this tied up $500 on my card for 3 billings. Now they do not respond, no refund and have not sent my order, I've not been able to get any kind of a response for 2 weeks now, they used to always get right back to me in 1-3 days.

Anyone else had any experiences like this?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are these guys still around?

They messed up on charging my order, paypal said they waited to long, so I sent them the money then they charged me again, this tied up $500 on my card for 3 billings. Now they do not respond, no refund and have not sent my order, I've not been able to get any kind of a response for 2 weeks now, they used to always get right back to me in 1-3 days.

Anyone else had any experiences like this?

That is serious. Please PM me your order number, will get corrected whatever is wrong right away.

SeanMarcellus

Reaction score
My 2 cents...
I've always ordered 32in for dual purpose, I like using my shirts for work and play.
Prob I have is just about every time I go take a leak I have to tuck my shirt back in, the backs don't stay when they are this length.

If I pay $150 for a shirt, I want to be able to wear it both at and away from work.
Now I'm creating a new wardrobe so I can wear my casual cloths to work and rather enjoy it.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Only a few mails now await reply. Most are completed. We should get through them in 1-2 days.

Order have been delayed due to the move. We should be back to normal delivery times in a week.

Do we still have 5 days delivery written on our site? If so, please let me know where. I was under the impression that it was removed long ago.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only a few mails now await reply. Most are completed. We should get through them in 1-2 days.

Order have been delayed due to the move. We should be back to normal delivery times in a week.

Do we still have 5 days delivery written on our site? If so, please let me know where. I was under the impression that it was removed long ago.

It would be fantastic if we could get Tracking numbers with our orders please!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It would be fantastic if we could get Tracking numbers with our orders please!

Tracking numbers are sent automatically by the system when the order is shipped. I get your handle correct, tracking number was emailed to you 2 days ago. Will still send again.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tracking numbers are sent automatically by the system when the order is shipped. I get your handle correct, tracking number was emailed to you 2 days ago. Will still send again.

All I got was;

Dear xxxxxxxx,

All of the items from order #5913 have now been shipped:

10x Additional Service - 50

Thank you for ordering from Luxire Custom Clothing!

bbob2013

Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

bdbb

Reaction score

This is the page I'm directed to when I go to luxire.com? Not sure how you can miss it.

The "replicate shirt" page also says this: "3. We ship back the measurement item along with the ordered clothes. Usually takes 7-10 after the measurement item is received." Which of course is blatantly wrong as I learned. It's looking like I'm going to receive my shirt roughly 6-7 WEEKS after the measurement item was received.

burnso

Reaction score
/\ /\ FWIW I dont get directed to that page Luxire.

Turner

Reaction score
My landing page looks like this:

If I type in "custom.luxire.com", I am taken to the same page as above.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My landing page looks like this:

If I type in "custom.luxire.com", I am taken to the same page as above.

This has been the page since the last 18 months. The one bdbb has shown is "interesting". It has the homepage image that was there 2 years ago while the rest of it is newer.

What is also interesting is that the image shows to have been created using GIMP, which Google says is an "GNU Image Manipulation Program".

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads