Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

anyone know if this pants issue that people are discussing applies to pants that have been sent in to be replicated? i have a pair of basically perfect fitting pants i'd just want to send in, but with the expectation that they'd be replicated pretty much perfectly.

2. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Both weight frescos are plenty cool for summer here, and it doesnt get much hotter than Houston

3. Nakedsnake

Nakedsnake Senior member

Just a tab on order times. I am attributing this, at least partially, to Luxire's move in the last few weeks, but my order is taking a seemingly long amount of time. A single shirt order, placed on April 11th, and I haven't heard anything about its completion. Card was charged a few days after placing the order (placed on paypal, so not sure if that makes a difference). Can't really say that i'm mad, since I didn't go MTM for the speed and i've never had MTM from anywhere else that has taken less than 2 months, but I would really like to get this shirt. The weather has been absolutely perfect for it lately. Would like it before it starts to get too hot for it here.

4. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Mine was placed on April 20 and shipped May 20. A single shirt with almost exact specs to a previous order. Not sure why it took so long the second time round but it's all good!

5. Terpo

Terpo Senior member

What are the current response times for e-mail? And is there any way to contact Luxire more directly via phone?

I sent in a coat for a remake in February, DHL confirmed it was delivered, but have not heard back from Luxire since.

6. ErikJN

ErikJN Senior member

E-mail replies still vary from a couple of minutes to, some times, a couple of days.

I hope and believe that the current spike in lead times can be attributed to the moving operation. I ordered a pair of pants on April 7th, and got an e-mail from Theresa today with apologies for the delays and a confirmation that the order will be shipped this Monday. Looking forward to place a major linen order now!

7. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

Ahem:

Last edited: May 22, 2014

8. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

9. marchello

marchello Active Member

Thanks for the info. Not sure if you own frescos, but are they a bit shiny? Would they be similar to these Suitsupply wool pants?

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Fresco is not shiny at all, it has a very nice texture with no sheen like a worsted wool.

11. bdbb

bdbb Senior member

My order placed April 8, for one shirt, finally shipped today. That was my first order and will probably be my last. Just seems way better in terms of cost/time/and I'm presuming fabric quality as well to buy high end shirts on ebay and have them tailored.

It would be one thing if they posted a notice on their site saying to expect much longer than the normal listed time, but they plaster "Custom Made Shirt Delivered in 5 Days" right across the front of the website. Not even an email notice saying "hey, your order is delayed"? IMO they should be issuing partial refunds or discount coupons on future orders.

12. marchello

marchello Active Member

Thanks. If you could choose, would you prefer the Suitsupply pants (which are slightly shiny) or fresco pants? I assume both have the same color and both are pretty versatile.

13. CosmeDaniel

CosmeDaniel Senior member

I ordered the light grey plain (8960) dugdale and am finding it really comfortable. Haven't hit peak summer but I think it'll do the job and have placed an order for the darker grey (8961 I believe).

I've attached a few images for general reference to compare to shades of Minnis Fresco. Take what you will from them. Photos take on an iPhone do don't expect professional quality here (as seen in comparing grey shade of the 8960 one photo to the next).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I personally like Fresco because of the open weave, which makes for an ideal warm weather pant. The Suitsupply don't look overly shiny to me, and from other pictures I've seen on their website, almost everything looks really shiny. I don't know if they actually look that way IRL. Suitsupply is a little cheaper, so it really just matters if you like their cut vs wanting to use Luxire to get a custom fit. If you will need to tailor the Suitsupply pants significantly, the you might end up paying as much or more than Fresco trousers from Luxire.

15. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

Ordered shirts on the 18/4 and shipped on the 18/5. Significantly longer than my first orde but can assume that was related to the move.