Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

No, these do not have the same stiffness as Epaulet's duck canvas, and the material has a bit of "slubbiness" to it.

Seeing them again after I got home they are closer to this, than this. I will try to get some outdoor pics whenever I can.

2. sigbar

sigbar Member

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I’ve been thinking about trying Luxire out for some time after reading some great reviews on here. I recently decided to go ahead and order a light Harrington jacket. The jacket just arrived so I thought it would be a good idea to give you guys a short review.

The Good:
    Price: 275$ (with shipping and add-ons such as leather and specific color on the lining). It’s a lot of money, but when you get to specify almost anything you want I think its fair.
    First of all I would like to mention customer service. I had very specific ideas on how the jacket should be, I sometimes changed my mind and Luxire were very accommodating and mostly answered my emails promptly.

Some examples of my specification that Luxire accommodated for:
    • 1. Leather insides on the collar and inside of pocket flaps
    • 2. Wool on the inside of pockets
    • 3. Rib cuffs
    • 4. Horn buttons
    • 5. “Sloping” collar
    The quality of the materials and finish is great, down to every stitching detail. The cotton is a beautiful shade of navy and the constructions feels nice and sturdy.

The Bad:
    The fit: The fit is mostly great, but there is one thing that is really nagging me – there is so little space under the armhole that it is actually hurts a little under the armpits when wearing the jacket. Don’t know whether this is due to wrong measurements on my behalf or a mistake on Luxire’s behalf. Otherwise the fit is spot on.

Following specifications: I had a few specification, and most where followed down to the tee. There are however some exceptions:
    • 1. I asked for “medium brown horn buttons” (and included a picture) but received very light horn buttons. This is actually not a problem with me once I’ve seen the jacket as they contrast nicely with the navy.
    • 2. I asked for the lining to be “oxblood”. The color they gave me was a MUCH lighter shade red/pinkish color. The color doesn’t tone very well with the navy and the leather on the inside of the collar so it bothers me somewhat. I paid extra to choose a specific color for the inside so I’m not very happy with this.
    • 3. I asked for a small leather strip on the pull for the zipper (don’t know what it’s called). This was not on the jacket.

The ugly:
    The waiting time: I think its best to describe the process with a timeline.

· February 23th: Payment made for the jacket
    · February 28th: I made some adjustments to my previous specifications
    · March 20th: I enquired as to how the production was coming along and when I could expect to receive the jacket. Luxire emailed me back the same day and said that “the order went into production today. Should take about 2 weeks”.
    · March 24th: I paid extra for cotton “oxblood” lining.
    · April 9th: I enquired as to how the production was coming along. Luxire answered the same day and told me that it “should be shipped next week”. Later that day they emailed me again and said that they were waiting on the delivery of the rib and that it could take 2 more weeks.
    · May 9th: Since a month had passed without a word from Luxire, I emailed them and asked about the status. Luxire emailed me back the same day and told me that the ribs had arrived and that it should take about “3-4” days.
    · May 12th: I sent an email, asking if the jacket had been shipped. No answer.
    · May 14th: I sent another email, going over the whole process and voicing my dissatisfaction with how long the production was taking and that I was not happy with the constant delays. This email has not been answered.
    · May 16th: I received and automatic shipping notification. No answer to my email from May 14th.
    m
    The jacket finally arrived on May 21.

Overall: Overall pretty happy, but the color of the lining is nagging me a lot. It is very prominent when the jacket is unbuttoned and I feel that it doesn’t tone well with the navy and the dark brown leather. I think it’s especially bad since I paid extra to have the color of my choosing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Ok, we probably did get the same fabric then. I'm much happier with the chocolate duck I ordered from Luxire than this military green. The chocolate feels like a true duck canvas, whereas the green feels a little off.

4. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Rain mac made in Epic Fabric - Breathable and water-proof:

[​IMG]
    Clean front with Hidden Placket

[​IMG]

Center Vent at back

[​IMG]
    Throat latch

[​IMG]
    Armpit vents, front pockets

Like all Luxire products, the rain-mac is beautiful and functional on the inside as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All taped seams, 2 pockets on the inside. Armpit vents covered with mesh fabric for better comfort.

[​IMG]

Bemberg lined sleeves for easy wearing and removal. Locker loop.

5. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Foxhound where are you??

In all seriousness, those smart casual coats look extremely well made. It would be almost impossible for a great deal of tailors to emulate them.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  6. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

It sucks that you didnt get the color you wanted but to me the red looks very good and harmonizes well with the navy.

7. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

I agree, and I like the almost scarlet red colour. I'm not sure oxblood would have gone so well. Leather trim on a zipper can be a double edged sword as it can scratch and lose colour.

8. althanis

althanis Senior member

I think the red looks pretty great with the navy, hope that makes you feel better!

The armpit thing sucks, that's because the armpit is too small and I don't think that can get adjusted.

9. althanis

althanis Senior member

What's the price of the rain mac?

10. scrolls

scrolls Senior member

Harrington looks awesome. Actually saved that post for future use as I've been thinking about ordering one.

11. Turner

Turner Senior member

Since the beginning of the week it's around 30° C, time to break out the linen. I absolutly love it, so much more comfortable than the rest of my shirts.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

13. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

@Beatlegeuse - In the wild:

[​IMG]

14. althanis

althanis Senior member

Very nice, thank you for sharing!

15. DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny Senior member

Looks great! Can't wait to get my own pair if the color will be that tone.

On a separate note, it almost appears as if your dog took a picture for you.