Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Robstrongo

Robstrongo Senior member

I'd wear it and wash it about 3-4 times before making a decision.

2. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Just got sent an email to review a recent purchase of a shirt I ordered but actually haven't received/gotten shipping notification for yet. Wonder if something is up with their automated system that makes it think I got it?

3. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

It automatically sends an email after a certain amount of time after you've placed your order, nothing to do with fulfillment status. They really should change it to send the email two weeks after it's been fulfilled.

4. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

5. nostalgiaultra

nostalgiaultra Well-Known Member

I know quite a few people have had this same issue but did anyone successfully find a solution?
    I'm referring to the the pulling of excess fabric around armholes. From the front it's less noticable and I can live with it but
    would like to fix it for future orders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kulata

kulata Senior member

Tell them to account for your sloping shoulders. If you shrug your shoulders up the wrinkles will dissappear, so they need to cut your shirts with the slope in mind.

7. All Tatters

All Tatters Senior member

This looks like the issues with my shirt, only a bit more extreme. I already specified a quite heavy shoulder slope, and Theresa told me to decrease it. Since your shoulders seem to slope quite a bit and you didn't say you specified a slope already you probably need to increase the shoulder slope. Just look at the bottom of the plaquet and how it slopes on the first and last fifth of your shoulders: this shouldn't happen, the bottom of the plaquet should be a straight line.

Also, you probably need to decrease the armholes a bit and add darts. to clean up the back. After that you might still need to tinker with the chest and waist measurements.

8. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Micro-gingham:
    It's actually been posted a LOT. Not sure how you missed it if you really looked. Look in my pics, or a few others. I won't bump them to the top as I already have three times, I think. It's lightweight. It's linen. It wrinkles. I have it on right now and... it's a wrinkled mess. Love it.

Brembana Chambray:
    Been posted by many members. NOBD has posted it feels like flannel nearly every time he's posted a picture. I agree.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Anybody have good recs for a mid grey linen pant? There's so many options available, not sure which one would work best. I'd be using them mainly a business casual pant to wear to the office during the summer. I was looking at these Luxire grey linens or maybe this similar Dugdale cloth.

Ditto for a khaki/tan/ecru linen pant, there must be 30 different options there. Looking for something not too white or see through, and not too brown, but somewhere in the middle. I kinda like the look of these, these, and maybe these. If anyone has experience with any of these, let me know!

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  10. nostalgiaultra

Thanks for the feedback that's very insightful, I'll try this on my next order. Hopefully adjusting the shoulder slope will solve my biggest issue here.

The size of the armholes actually feel quite good, I don't think I'd want to make them any smaller. However I think I will decrease the circumference of the sleeve at the bicep because
    there seems to be too much fabric.

11. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

Which fabric is this, and how would you describe it? I've been looking for a navy blue shirt similar to this.

12. PtrckHmphrys

PtrckHmphrys Senior member

Eight weeks and counting... [​IMG]

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

has anyone ordered the any of the pale purple zegna or pale purple G&R fabrics?

14. nostalgiaultra

Its navy denim chambray. It was quite rigid out of the box but softens up nicely after a couple washes. Slightly thinner material then I had imagined but lovely texture to it, ideal for spring/summer.

15. evpj2L

evpj2L Well-Known Member

Luxire Denim Owners,

I'm looking for a denim color similar to the raw color of apc new standards. Based on the pics in this thread and on the luxire site, it appears that their "raw" color is a brighter blue? And that the dark indigo is closer to a more typical "raw" color? Is that right?

Also, I saw some have requested jeans be pre-soaked. Does Luxire charge extra for that? Did you find that it eliminated any shrinkage?

And after extended wear, did your jeans stretch at all?