Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

I have a couple made by another MTM tailor. Be careful when pressing as it doesn't take long for the pressing to make an imprint in the collar of the loops specially with colored shirts. Less noticeable with white. I should have expected this since another member tried to warn me. Try one and see if you like it. Just something to consider. Good Luck

sample pic of what I tried to replicate (this is Phat Guido's)
    [ATTACHMENT=9028]hiddenbutton.jpg (175k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  2. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

When increasing collar band height on a shirt, how much should I increase the point length by to keep it in proportion? My geometry is a little rusty, but without the actual collar in front of me to measure, it seems like I'm missing a couple of the relevant measurements to make the calculation.

Specifically I'm trying to copy Spandexter's Barba collar copy, but increase the front and back band height by another .5cm. Got a long neck.

Am I sweating this too much?[​IMG]

3. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

Hidden button down collars seem to be mentioned somewhat frequently. I've used metallic collar stays along with a magnet to achieve the same result. Seems just as effective as a hidden button down, and perhaps more versatile since removing the magnet gets one back to the original collar. Can a hidden button down collar be "unbuttoned", or will this expose the hidden button and/or tabs?

By the way, I still believe that larger collars which look good with a suit/tie won't look that great even with magnets or hidden button down collars. I may have to come terms with the fact that I'll need different shirts for suit/tie vs casual wear.

Quote: I'll try to find some pics of Luxire's standard wide spread. Anyone know the length of the points, spread distance, and band heights for Luxire's standard wide spread collar? If only Luxire had collar specifications like ProperCloth...

4. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

What collar is this? Or what order #?

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Wide spread or English spread looks good to me. Maybe play around with fused collars as well. Honestly luxire really needs to revamp their website with images and text of all their custom shirts. Their website is absolutely terrible and doesn't reflect the product accurately. Luxire has nailed all my requests from the first shirt

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thanks guys! Metal collar stays won't do, as I like the collar to have some roll. The collar points will be hidden by my jacket anyways, so an imprint doesn't matter much to me. I might just not iron the collar points. It'll be a fun experiment, so I'll order it soon and report back here!

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

#6858. For my first order, I sent Ashish a picture of the collar on a shirt I already owned. This last order added .25" to the collar band height and .5" to the collar points. It is the Brembana Blue University Stripes, but I don't detect any sheen. The collar and cuffs have the soft, fused interlining. My first shirt had no interlining, and the second a soft, unfused interlining. For my taste, the fused interlining looks much cleaner, and I detect no real difference in softness.
    The length of the points and the spread of the collar don't really lend themselves to wearing without a tie and jacket. The spread would also make for a weird buttondown in my opinion. I think the collar looks fine without a tie as long as you're wearing a jacket. [​IMG]

8. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Hoping someone here can offer some assistance. I'd like to order a pair of trousers through Luxire. Can anyone tell me what the waistband construction is like? In particular, are the waistbands stiff, soft, etc? One of my dislikes is when trousers have these stiff, fused waistbands that feel like cardboard. Thanks! :)

9. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

The more photos I see of that collar, the more I like it (provided it is worn with a jacket).
    After adding the 1/2" to the collar points, what is the final measurement of the points.
    And, what's the measurement of the spread between the two points?

Any pics with this shirt and just a tie (no jacket)??

10. Fouracle

Fouracle Member

Just wanted to provide an update. I showed Theresa a copy of the invoice and she has agreed to refund the full amount. Hopefully this won't be an issue for any future orders.

11. sugarbutch

Since they based it on the picture, I have no measurements. Sorry. I'm certain that you can reference the order number and get the same, though.

12. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

So you completely changed your mind and demanded your 1800 rupees back because you were made to suffer the indignity of a small wait.

Yea. Like I said, GTFO.

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

They'll make it however you want. You could probably get it lined with unicorn pelts if you really wanted.

14. sugarbutch

Eh, not so sure about that. I think Vox got the last of the genuine unicorn pelts for a dinner jacket.

15. Doan Tu Thanh

Doan Tu Thanh Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's the one. I went for side adjustor, 2 inch cufffs and full front interlining. The pants are breathable, but not to lightweight because of the lining, which is exactly the way I want it. The pattern looks nicer in real life imo, not too stand out but enough to be noticed. So far they are already my favourite, and I will order at least another pair before summer