Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Yeah, my order from April 20 is still labelled as "unfulfilled". Not sure if it's the order they're talking about or my impatient expectations. I suspect the latter..

2. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

Honestly, the only thing that is wrong from Luxire's point of view is the fact that they say 7 to 10 days production time, they should fix that. Other than that you have unrealistic assumptions about online MTM.

Last edited: May 7, 2014

3. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

WTF

Cut your losses? What losses?

You were without your one and only shirt for not even a month?

GTFO

4. bdbb

bdbb Senior member

How would spending $30+ on swatches from somewhere I probably wasn't going to order from in the future not be a loss? Not only that, the swatches were specifically described as the loss I wanted to cut. Try more reading comprehension and less trolling.

At least they quickly refunded me. Probably won't order again unless I'm amazed with the shirt, but their email customer service isn't bad at all.

5. Spurious

Spurious Senior member

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Sending an item in for replication adds a significant delay, especially if you sent it to the NJ facility to save on shipping cost to India.

7. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior member

My raw selvedge jeans seem a lot closer in color to the dark indigo... did they send me the wrong fabric? The photos below aren't great, but you can tell it's a darker shade than your raw. Also seems different from Luxire's closeup of the raw.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. marchello

marchello Active Member

Did anyone here switch from Proper Cloth to Luxire? I finally found the perfect shirt measurements for my Proper Cloth shirts; however, I would like to give Luxire a try. I am wondering if I should be using the same shirt measurements, or there is a slight difference in the sizing.

9. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

I did that and it came out a little wonky on my first go. I'd send the shirt in to be replicated.

10. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Been thinking about it if that counts any lol. I just have no idea about the collars. I see them in pictures on here and they look gorgeous but don't know which is which.

11. terra firma

terra firma Senior member

Ask people what order the collar came from, get the number, and tell luxire to reference that collar style by the order number. I think that's what others have done.

12. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Use the same measurements inch for inch. Or send it in. Sending it in is pretty close to a guarantee. Measuring yourself might have half an inch here or there. If you have shirts to spare, I'd send it in. It takes about a month to get it back with the other shirt you ordered (YMMV) but it's comforting.

13. fridayfrenzy

fridayfrenzy Senior member

You are going to bail on an MTM company on your first attempt (when you sent in a replicate) because it is late 12 days. LOL. How's the overreaction?

If you were getting a blue shirt, you should just burn your blue shirts all together. Cancel your credit card you used. You shouldn't stand for this at all.

14. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

@luxire should just post that your mileage may vary. I'd say post reasons that could cause delays (special requests, changes to orders, additions to orders (eg, order a shirt, then order swatches to add to that order a week later), sending in a shirt for replication, etc. It's taken a week for mine to ship, and it's taken a month. I calmly accept either.

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I received my shirt just now, but it looks like it's a dye stain on the collar. Can this be removed with washing the shirt? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]