1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Peacoat for sale:

We made a peacoat in the Dugdale Navy 24 Oz, with measurements as below. Luxire standard styling.

Was sadly ordered in the Dugdale Brown Moleskin. It anyone would like to buy, please send me a PM. Will be $350 shipped to Canada/US.

Sleeve Length(From shoulder seam): 26.50
    Half Chest: 27.00
    Half-Waist: 25.50
    Half Bottom: 27.50
    Yoke: 21.00
    Back Length: 31.50
    Half Biceps: 11.00
    Cuff: 13.00

2. dlind

dlind Senior Member

Could I please see a photo of those striped and solid blue fabrics that are appropriate for a business shirt? I would specify which but the names themselves don't mean much to me unfortunately.

3. jko

jko Senior Member

Would really appreciate it if you could take a photo of all these khaki/tan/stone/off-white samples all in one picture, with maybe a white sheet of paper for reference. Easier to see the difference between them.

4. europrep

europrep Distinguished Member

Look forward to hearing/seeing your review on the replication. I have a sportcoat or two that I may try if your suit turns out well.

5. Arion

Arion Active Member

@dlind Sure. You are in luck. For my next order I want a more formal blue dress stripe aswell. I am probably getting the pale blue hairline stripes fabric. It's a nice light blue colour, which is perfect for a business shirt I think. Light blue stripes on white very similar. The blue is a little bit darker, but the fabric feels a lot softer. Never know how that evolves after a few washes though. I made some pictures for you, including a comparison of the two I mentioned above.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@jko Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cream and off-white are very similar. I can hardly see any difference.

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Has anyone ordered linen trousers? If so, any recommendations?

7. SirJamesWinston

SirJamesWinston Well-Known Member

I am glad to see the pale pink classic oxford is back. However, the price has gone up $20. Has the fabric been upgraded and if so can a new picture be added to the website page? Several of the new fabrics are very intriguing!

8. dlind

dlind Senior Member

Thanks! Is the darker stripe the same on both these pictures? Looks like an interesting fabric.

9. MacGuffen

MacGuffen Senior Member

Alot of items have had a price increase lately, I'm guessing to cover the costs of duties and taxes. $10 extra for shipping alone wouldn't cover it by a long shot.

10. Macs

Macs Senior Member

I have received my linen brown herringbone pants some days ago. Very well made and I am very pleased with the result. Not been able to wear them yet due to the weather thoutgh...

11. Spurious

Spurious Senior Member

Under the assumption that Luxire buys remaining stock at discounts, the price increase could also reflect that Luxire buys popular fabrics at full price and thus cannot keep their original price.

The duties thing could also be the case. I am expecting an increase in the flat charge soon.

12. jko

jko Senior Member

13. Arion

Arion Active Member

Nope. The darker one in the second picture is yet another fabric. I made a picture with all the striped fabrics I have in one shot. Hope it helps:

Top right (luxire privilege collection blue stripes on white) is rather dark. I prefer sticking to lighter blue for business shirts. So I am going for first row, third column (pale blue hairline stripes or third row, third column (light blue stripes on white). These are compared in the second picture of my last post.
    [​IMG]

14. dlind

dlind Senior Member

Thanks!

15. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

Everyone likes pics. This was when I ordered the pale pink oxford but I got more of a hotter pink :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2014