1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

What collar is that? I'd say wider spread.

2. liamdye

liamdye Member

It's Semi-Spread, I'm guessing the next step wider is an English-spread?

3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Distinguished Member

Yeah you can show luxire the image and ask them for their advice or go with their standard wide spread. I say look through this thread and if you see a collar you like email luxire and ask them what the name is.

I don't remember seeing a wide spread standard luxire collar though. But I mean there are alot of pictures in this thread. I'm a fan of the collar 1738 collar myself

4. liamdye

liamdye Member

Thanks for your advice, the 1738 collar is definitely much more up my alley. I will just send Luxire a picture of what I want my collar to look like next order.

5. Spurious

Spurious Senior Member

When I say Collar 1738 does Luxire know what the collar is? (It references Order #1738, right?)

6. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior Member

I say "same collar as on order # xxxxx"

7. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Yep, make sure you state what kind of lining/fusing you'd like.

8. Arion

Arion Active Member

My first order arrived. Placed it on the 6th of April, and received it on the 30th. Quality is superb obviously. I am also delighted about the fit, especially regarding the chino I ordered. I measured an existing shirt and pair of pants. For the shirt I added some changes to the notes, and for the pants I changed some of the measurements (front & back rise, and pant length).

[​IMG]

Shirt: Sky blue oxford

The fabric felt rather sturdy, but after the first wash the fabric already had a much softer touch. So I expect this will only improve with time. The colour and looks of the shirt are exactly as expected. With special thanks to NOBD for his great pictures. Sorry about the BD collar.

The fit is certainly acceptable for a first try. Especially since the shirt I measured was not perfect at all. Theresa helped me make improvements by judging some fitpics I emailed, and reading my complaints. She made a few suggestions like ‘decrease shoulder slope by x inch, adjust for forward shoulders by y inch’ etc. I also added some fabric in the waist as my shirt was too tight. I asked for two extra centimers, which sadly became three. Two was probably already a bit too much for my tase, so I will have a tailor alter it later. (maybe I will just place some darts to retain the beautiful work Luxire did on the side stitches) The other measurements were copied very well.

The collar is the Barba BD which is also in the spreadsheet. (order #3062. Thanks for this, by the way!) I specified lightly lined and unfused. Buttons are standard MOP. Next time I will try the premium ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pants: Khaki twill soft chino

This fabric was more of a gamble, as it is one of the new chino fabrics and no reviews were available. But I am certainly not disappointed. It is a fairly heavy fabric (medium weight I would say), and it is quite soft indeed. Also doesn’t crease that much I think.

The biggest surprise was the fit of the pants. I made quite a lot of changes to the measurements of my existing pants. I wanted a higher rise, and the pants were a tad too short. Sadly I forgot to increase the inseam measurement to make these pants longer, but I did increase the pant length more than I increased the rise. Luckily Luxire seems to have noticed this, as the pants have a longer inseam than I asked for. Which was a relief in this case! The length is perfect now.

I haven’t worn the pants a lot yet, but I think the waistband should be a tad tighter, the front rise should be a bit longer, and perhaps I could reduce the hip measurements by a quarter of an inch or something on my next order. First I will think this over some more and wear them a few times though.

Also, next time I will ask for the belt loop to be moved, so it doesn’t end in a pocket.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Samples: I also received a lot of samples. The total list of samples I got are in the notes which are also included in this post. Feel free to ask for pictures if you are considering one of the fabrics I have samples of. I am considering quite a few of them for my next orders. I really liked the chocolate duck canvas pants that were posted earlier this week. Colour seems nice IRL as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overview of my order: This spoiler contains the confirmation email I received from luxire, including the options I choose, and the notes I made. I put the measurements in the notes so I could be more precise than the menu allows.

1x Khaki Twill Soft Chino - Front Pleats: Custom Pleat Style(Describe in custom field below) - Front Pockets: Slant - Fly Style: Button - Waist Band: Standard Belt Loop - Rear Pockets: 2 Rear Pockets with Buttons - Lining: No Lining - Bottom Cuff: Yes 1.75" - Custom Requirements: Single forward pleats as in attached picture. - Upload Image: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0109/6372/uploads/cb535d11.jpeg for $99.99 each

1x Sky Blue Oxford - Collar: Custom - Cuff: 1-Button - Back: No Pleats - Pocket: No - Placket: No for $59.99 each

NOTES:
    -----------------SHIRT---------------------
    Collar: Button-down collar from order #3062, lightly lined and unfused

Measurements from existing shirt in inches:
    Neck: xx.xx inch
    Sleeve:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Bottom:
    Yoke:
    Biceps:
    Armhole:
    CuffSize:
    Length:

Theresa made the following recommendations, please adjust the measurements above accordingly:
    1. We should decrease the shoulder slope on the shirt by 0.25" to ease the crease.

2. The waist can be increased as desired: please increase the waist by 0.4 inches.

3. For the back, we need to adjust the shirt for forward shoulders, about 0.25" on each side. This will add a bit of additional room at the back. The across chest should not be decreased though.

As a final note: please double check that the armhole is no smaller than yy.yy inches. The shirt may be unwearable otherwise.
    ------------------------------------------------

---------------------PANTS----------------------
    Front Pleats: Single Pleats Forward as in attached picture

Waist Size: zz.zz inch
    Half Hip Measurement:
    Hip Measurement Front:
    Pant Length:
    Inseam Measurement:
    Front Rise:
    Back Rise:
    Thigh Measurement:
    Knee Measurement:
    Bottom / Ankle Opening:
    -----------------------------------------------

Additionally, I would like to order the following 35 fabric swatches:

------- Blue striped shirt fabrics------------
    Luxire Privilege Collection Blue Stripes on White
    Light Blue Stripes on White
    Pale Blue Dress Stripes
    Blue Dress Stripes Seersucker
    Pale Blue Dress Stripes Oxford
    Blue University Stripes Oxford
    Blue HairLine Stripes
    Pale Blue Hairline Stripes

-------Blue patterned shirt fabrics----------
    Alumo Aqua Macro Gingham
    Blue Micro Gingham Checks
    Light Blue Summer Gingham
    Pale Blue Micro Gingham
    Blue Micro Herrinbone
    Soft Blue Houndstooth
    Sky Blue Hairline Checks

--------------------PANTS---------------------
    Cream Twill Chinos
    Dark Khaki Twill Chinos
    Beige Cream Twill Chinos
    Light Tan Twill Chino
    Light Tan Soft Plain Chinos
    Twill Coconut Chino
    Stone Twill Chino
    Off-White Twill Chinos
    Chocolate Brown Duck Canvas
    Military Green Duck Canvas
    Petroleum Twill Chino
    Hunter Green Twill Chino
    Aqua Blue Twill Chino
    Luxire Selvedge: 14 Oz Dark Indigo
    Dugdale Flannel: Light/Medium Grey Twill 14 Oz
    Camel Moleskin

TLDR: First order arrived: a shirt and chino. Quality is superb as expected, fit is surprisingly good for the first try (especially the pants), and I will certainly be ordering more in the future.

Advice on fit is always appreciated by the way. Even though the fitpic is not great. Perhaps I will post better ones later, here or in the tailors’ thread.

Last edited: May 4, 2014

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Thank you for the incredibly thorough review! I don't see any fitpics, but I'm glad the trousers fit well. It's one of the hardest things to get right. I can highly recommend the duck canvas. It's not too expensive, so it's great for making sure your pants fit perfectly.

Last edited: May 3, 2014

10. europrep

europrep Distinguished Member

I thought the price difference is fairly close (approx $200). If true, why mess with a replication? I would think Luxire would be best used to replicate an expensive brand where you like the fit but wouldn't want to pay for multiple times. Something that provides a cut and style KW can't offer.

11. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Distinguished Member

For the joy of pitting one SF member against another. Duh.

Speaking of which, I think that Howard Yount guy just called you a pussy. Are you going to sit there and take that?

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

Fabric choice was my main factor here. Luxire offers Minnis Fresco for a decent price, and if I wanted to buy the fabric myself and do CMT with KW, once you factor in all the extra shipping costs (not to mention the hassle of sourcing the fabric myself), it will probably cost over $300 more to use KW in the same fabric. That's a big enough difference for me to see if I can get it made through Luxire and get something of comparable quality.

Also, Luxire has a couple small options that KW doesn't, like more button options. Might seem like a small thing, but KW doesn't have light brown horn buttons, only black and dark brown.

13. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

This could be true, but the end-on-end that I know has a grid-like appearance and chambray doesn't. Shirtmaven once posted about the difference.
    Part of this is the fact that your lapels are bowing a bit (more U shaped than V). If they were completely straight, I think the collar points would at least touch your lapels. I believe bowing lapels are caused by the coat's chest being tight, or not cut precisely for your posture. A snugger neck would help too. But I wouldn't worry about it too much w/ this suit. It's pretty minimal. Tugging the front of the jacket might help too. I would probably get rid of the tie though. :devil:

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

I light slight bowing of the lapels, as long as they are flat on the body. Gives the appearance of a larger chest

15. Arion

Arion Active Member

No problem. It's the least I could do. This thread has provided me with a lot of useful information about the ordering process. I thought it'd be nice for those still on the fence to see the whole process summed up. Also: thank you for the pictures of your pants. I wasn't quite sure if I would like pants made up in canvas, but they look excellent. Will definetely order them in the future.

Edit: Forgot to add the fitpic btw. It's in the post now though.

Last edited: May 4, 2014