• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Ketawa

Reaction score
Has anyone recently ordered a Classic Blue Oxford and noticed something different about the fabric? I have ordered a couple in the past that no longer fit me. My newest iteration arrived today and the fabric has a kind of pilling/fuzziness all over it, completely different from any of the oxford shirts I have ordered in the past.

I took some pics to capture it as best as possible and will have an email in to Luxire momentarily.

New shirt, you can see lots of spots with white fuzzy material. Not similar to any other oxford I've received out of the box, e.g. the pale pink classic oxford I received with this order.

Old shirt, really none of the same fuzziness.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As has been said a few times times, Luxire often change fabrics around but keep the same fabric name. Particularly for rather generic and popular fabrics like "Blue Oxford" or similar.

Might be nice if it could be indicated when this happens on the new website.
I wonder if it's even from the same mill (Brembana) as before

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that's a good question.

Without having any insight into Luxire's business, I imagine that one of the reasons they are able to offer such nice fabrics at good prices is that they buy them in short runs when they find something nice that is going cheap. Obviously, this will often be a small-ish quantity. When it runs out, they try and find something as close as possible to replace it.

It would be impossible to keep something as generic and popular as a Classic Blue Oxford constantly in stock in the same fabric with this method.

This wouldn't apply to the higher end, branded stuff they buy like the the G&R fabrics, which are woven specifically for that brand (and, I think, they are ordered in ad hoc to Luxire, but not sure).

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funnily enough, I myself fell afoul of this today.

I ordered some pants in the Navy Twill Chino fabric (http://luxire.com/products/navy-twill-chino), having ordered some in it before which were a heavy cotton, large twill ridges, no sheen.

The ones I received today were a much lighter cotton, with quite a sheen to it. Not at all the same thing. And not to my tastes unfortunately, I am sure some people would like it, but it's just not for me (I should say that the rest of the constuction and measurements are spot on, of course).

The description of the fabric did not change between the two orders.

So it is an issue than I hope Luxire can fix, or at least make more transparent.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Sent back a blue stripe and the Summer Chambray and they got lost. Not Luxires fault. Luxire was kind enough to replace them for free and I got back two completely different fabrics. The stripe is fine. The Summer Chambray feels like cardboard. I remember the old one being ridiculously comfortable. I never complained since Luxire did me a great favor, but it's worth mentioning now since it's happening a lot, it seems. Doesn't look or feel the same, at all.

Also, has this route ever been taken for anyone else's shirts?

It's not late yet but I've never seen my shirt take this route. On my cell, it says the shirt is in ..

"TA YUAN
HSIANG TW"

Doesn't show that on the website yet. Just curious.

All Tatters

Reaction score
To me this doesn't seem like the way to go. Why not give every fabric a clear fabric number and addition date and change the number and date if a fabric is changed for a different one? Something for the new site, I hope.

Turner

Reaction score
Has anyone recently ordered a Classic Blue Oxford and noticed something different about the fabric? I have ordered a couple in the past that no longer fit me. My newest iteration arrived today and the fabric has a kind of pilling/fuzziness all over it, completely different from any of the oxford shirts I have ordered in the past.

I took some pics to capture it as best as possible and will have an email in to Luxire momentarily.

New shirt, you can see lots of spots with white fuzzy material. Not similar to any other oxford I've received out of the box, e.g. the pale pink classic oxford I received with this order.

Old shirt, really none of the same fuzziness.

Take a look at the inside of the new shirt and compare it to the outside of the old one. Whilst I've never ordered a 2nd shirt, I've got the Classic Red Oxford some month ago. The outside was as fuzzy as the first picture and therefore looking like pink from a meter away. The inside of the shirt didn't have this fuzzyness and looked very much like the picture at the website.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/5970#post_6711536

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/6015#post_6717889

I suspect something similar happens with the Sky Blue Summer Chambray. The picture at the website shows a End-on-End-like fabric, but lots of finished shirts looked like hairline stripes. Some said this is the new/improved version of the fabric, but it looks just the other side of my swatch.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...g-official-affiliate-thread/4785#post_6559317

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with All Tatters. I think some element of "standardization" would be a good thing, e.g. having three collar lining options and you pick one, having the fabric by number and you know what you see is what you get, etc. It doesn't mean you lose custom options, but just makes the process for ordering conventional items easier IMO. That said, I know nothing about running an online MTM business, just how to run up debt buying from one..

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a response from Teresa since Friday?

Last edited:

jko

Reaction score

To me this doesn't seem like the way to go. Why not give every fabric a clear fabric number and addition date and change the number and date if a fabric is changed for a different one? Something for the new site, I hope.

This.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Has anyone got a response from Teresa since Friday?
Not since April 1st. I still haven't heard from them since my last rant.

Please excuse me if I'm way off here, but if I were to guess, "Theresa" is just a collection of several people being rotated to answer e-mails, which is why it's taking so long for them to answer, and why the grammar and style seems variable from e-mail to e-mail. That is merely speculation, though.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly. I'm starting to get concerned. I was quoted six to eight weeks about 11 weeks ago for my Mac, and since about five weeks ago I've been told "photos to come next week", every week. Then on Friday the 11th I was told photos by the end of next week and shipping early the next. I've heard nothing since then.

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apologies again for communication delays. A few things going on and Theresa is on leave till early next week.

She is still replying to emails and is on the phone with the tailoring team half the day, but, is technically on leave.

We need to get her some help. It is not an easy exercise though.

Apologies again. Should be back to normal next week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads