1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Nice looking shirts.
    Is it suggested by Luxire for bd collars or in general?
    Mind to share details and pics of the pocket?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. bbob2013

bbob2013 Senior member

I have made three separate pant and shirt orders. I have really struggled with getting the pant fit down, I highly recommend sending in a pair for replication.

3. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

I took the recommendation from Luxire's post here:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...icial-affiliate-thread/10500_100#post_7172002

My instructions to Luxire were:

-short sleeve popover shirt with 3 button placket
    -Same pattern as long sleeve shirt from order #6841 except shorten length by 1" without otherwise modifying the torso fit
    -short sleeve length: 19.5"
    -short sleeve Cuff: 7.5"
    -standard button down collar
    -soft interlining on collar and placket
    -soft fused neckband
    -add a button to hold down back of collar like shown in this photo (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dYB4I10ToEA/TOGoCQ4FPqI/AAAAAAAAFNs/hEF_aRwsBZ8/s1600/SS_Oxford_Collar.jpg)
    -Left flap breast pocket with a passthrough for a pen like shown in this photo (http://cdn.chiefsupply.com/media/ca...08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/d/pdu_f09_penpockets.jpg)
    -No Luxire label

Really sorry about the quality of the cell phone pics - shirt just came out of the washer and hangar dried overnight.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. GuP

GuP Senior member

Got a shipped notice today - Oct 1

Let's hope it was worth the long wait. Will post pics once here.

5. Thrifter

Thrifter Senior member

Did you have to send something in to be copied or did they have to wait for fabric or something?

6. barbaresco

barbaresco Member

Thanks, should have seen that since I have one shirt with NOBD2 myself (but looks nicer on your shirts:)!

7. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

This may have been asked before but I've been following this thread regularly and don't remember it coming up. Is it possible to send pants directly to Luxire in India so they can be copied exactly (i.e., referred to and compared throughout order fulfillment)? I would rather spend a bit more time and money up front, nail my first pair, and then save in the long run.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

You mean this?

http://custom.luxire.com/pages/replicate-existing

I sent in a pair of trousers for measurement reference on my first order and they came back in the same box as the new Luxire trousers, so my reference pair must have visited India.

9. Macs

Macs Senior member

After three iterations and being now completely aware of my utter inability in taking measures, I decided to go this way.
    Pickup by DHL is scheduled for tomorrow.

10. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior member

Thanks; I was only aware of folks sending items to NJ to be measured. This makes it clear I have options. Might be nice to have the folks at the factory handling my sample as they make my new pair. Thanks!

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Well my point is that I think when you send an item to NJ, Luxire sends it on to India.

@luxire can confirm of course.

Anyway completely agree this the right way to go. I am very pleased with the result from sending in an item to replicate. The trouser measurements looked far too complicated for me to be sure of.

12. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior member

I would be ecstatic about Luxire offering knitwear. Or any MTM knitwear for that matter. I'm 6'9" and knitwear is the final piece to the puzzle that I have yet to solve.

13. breakaway01

breakaway01 Senior member

I also sent a pair of trousers to New Jersey for replication and they were returned with the new pair from India. They got them exactly right. IMO trousers are difficult to get right from measurements alone so I highly recommend sending in a pair if you have one that fits well.

14. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Luxire, can you stonewash denim?

Can Luxire stonewash denim?

Does someone know the answer to the above?

:D

15. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

ND, do you have any leather patches for your jeans? Maybe like a sueded patch like the RRL selvedge?

16. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Yep, it's $20 IIRC.

1 person likes this.
  17. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes. We do have a good leather work setup now with a sizable collection of leather types and colors.

1 person likes this.
  18. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Anyone have any experience with sending something to Luxire from Europe for replication?
    I'd like to send my jacket to them, but I'm a little hesitant, because I don't want a $1000+ jacket to get lost in the mail or something like that.

19. bixbydirect

bixbydirect Member

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not a regular here but saw this post and noted that some people wanted additional info about the order to Luxire. The reference jacket I sent was a Raffaele Caruso Sartoria Parma which had the overall style that I wanted in terms of slightly extended shoulders, jacket length, lapel width and shape. In my order, I specified the following:

- Measurements and style as per reference jacket
    - Fabric: http://luxire.com/products/dugdale-brown-8971

- Full canvas (normal canvas weight, not as heavy as the ref jacket)
    - Half lined in preferably matching brown lining or similar discreet color.
    - Buttons: dark brown
    - Subtle waterfall/"spalla camicia" shoulders as in the reference jacket
    - Lapels rolling softly over top button
    - Four sleeve buttons.
    - Leave enough fabric in the back seem that I can take it out a bit should I need to.

I also had a few notes about adjustments specific to my body, e.g. I have a right shoulder that slopes more than my left.

I'm happy with the resulting piece and wear it regularly. The fit is not great in the back but this is an issue with the reference jacket I sent (which I had altered) and something that is fairly easy to correct afterwards and in my next order. For my next order, I also plan to lower the gorge line an inch and switch to jetted pockets. If anyone wants additional info I will try to answer. Also feel free to follow my insta and Tumblr where I post new Luxire stuff regularly (And no, I don't work for Luxire. It's more like the other way around :)

http://invainvanity.tumblr.com/
    http://instagram.com/invainvanity/

15 people like this.
  20. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Would you be interested in informing about the order number and price?