1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Luxire really nailed those shower curtains.

2. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

Also, how do you like the classic gray oxford? Been thinking about that one for my next shirt order.

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

I just sent one in to replicate, but I can measure and PM you when I get home.

4. Murlsquirl

Custom job....bathroom is scheduled for a much needed remodel next month. I really like the grey oxford.

5. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

I wager you sent a jacket into @luxire and had them replicate it?

Care to share the details of the whole process?

Looks great - I'm definitely keen to pursue Luxire for sports coats and jackets if they are able to replicate this consistently.

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

The curvature of the lapel edge is called "belly". You can search the CM forum for more information.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Yeah I like the belly on these lapels. Tom Ford did this really well on their suits a few seasons ago.

1 person likes this.
  8. An Acute Style

An Acute Style Senior member

I didn't know it was called that, but I've seen it done well on lots of jackets. I just don't like Luxire's iteration of it. It's too slight. I'm curious if this is just their house cut or are people are requesting it. I'm sure they could make a jacket with a flatter belly. I feel flat should be the rule and not the exception.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Oh no worries. I am going to adjust the fit on the shirts I just got in from Luxire and those two measurements are much harder to get a reference point for than chest and length etc. I'm close with my fit, so I'll do double check a few things and try again.

Good to hear the gray oxford is nice. Will consider that myself.

10. Murlsquirl

I measured...roughly 11" and 8.5".

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

12. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cheers!

Thank you! I'm especially happy with the shoulders.

No, completely unstructured. No fusing either.

The picture you quoted is less representing of the actual curvature than the full length pics. The lapels are cut completely straight, but can look curved from certain angels when the jacket is filled out. I did notice this myself and will probably ask for a slightly negative curvature on my next jacket to counterweight this.

I sent them a well fitting jacket and asked them to copy the fit. I did however change both the length, button stance and pocket placement from the original jacket. I then requested the shoulder construction you see in the picture, the lapel width and roll, the shape/height of the gorge, plus the pick stitched details.

Order #8021 if anyone's interested.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

About to order my first pants from luxire, what do you think about the measurements?
    I want a pretty high waist compared to "modern" pants, and pretty straight, no bunching, but still a bit slim due to my short height and my small shoes, and i want only a slight break. I am 5' 8'' and weigh 150 pounds, shoe size 6-6.5 UK, 7-7.5 US. Slight athletic build.
    I especially wonder what back rise i should have? I want a 10.75 inch front rise, but i am a bit intrigued by the back rise. On a pair of suit pants i have front rise 10.5 and back rise 16.7 inches, that seems a bit much in the back, doesn't it?
    And should a pair of corduroy pants be lined? And how long? To the knee?
    I would like them to look like these pants but slightly longer and a bit lower rise: http://www.styleforum.net/t/304965/...-official-affiliate-thread/11340#post_7238296

Fabric: Khaki-Tan corduroy, zipper, flat front, on line pockets, 2 back pockets with buttons, normal belt loops, 1.25 inch cuffs

Waist: 15.5
    Half hip: 18.5
    Hip front: 18
    Front rise: 10.75
    Back rise: 16.5?
    Thighs: 10.5
    Knee: 8.25
    Ankle: 7.75
    inseam: 28.5
    Lenght: 38.25

What do you think? Is anything weird with this?

14. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I have definitely noticed this on nearly every Luxire jacket too. The curvature on the lapels combined with something about the shape of the notches - maybe their shallowness - always looks a little "off" to me.

15. kulata

kulata Senior member

The same lapels look completely straight in these two pictures. Could just be the angle of that particular picture.

16. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

They are straight, but I would probably change this for a slightly concave cut in the future, as I prefer that shape. The gorge is perfect though, came our exactly as I specified it. All in all, as far as online mtm goes, this is great IMHO.

17. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

We are of similiar height and waist.
    I am not sure we refer to the same measurement, but a rise, like a tailor measures it, outside trouser length minus inseam length, of 9.75" I wouldn't call high.
    At our height I would say a rise of below 9" is low, between 9" and 10" is medium and everything above is high.

Also 10.5" sound far too narrow for the thighs.
    Even my tightest chinos come with no less than 11.25", this is for an ankle opening of 7" just for comparison.

18. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

Thanks. The way i measured my suit pants, and what i based my soon-to-be-ordered pants on, is the way they do it here:
    http://luxire.com/pages/pant-measurements

Pant length is measured from the side seam, while inseam is from the inside seam and front & back rise from the front and back seam, so i'm not sure you can determine the rise by just subtracting the inseam from the length?

On the hips - you might be right, my suit pants have a 12 inch thigh but i find them too flary causing a bit of a diaper around my thighs which i want to eliminate, my levis jeans have a 10.6 inch thigh but they may not be applicable on pants like these. Maybe 11 inches would be good?

What do you think of the knee measurement of 8.25 inches?

19. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Those two measurements Luxire calls front and back rise are important to produce your pair of trousers exactly to the dimensions you want them to be.
    I guess they are important to get the balance right between front and back, only those measurements aren't what tradtionally is refered to as rise.
    The traditional term is what determines how high the pair will sit on your torso.
    Therefore check the trousers you own and compare to the rise of fellow customers approximately your height.

As a reference, the well fitting pair of chinos I mentioned before has a rise of 9.25", a "front rise" of 9.65" as well as a "back rise" of 15.95".
    It's thigh is 11.25", knee 8" and ankle 7".

20. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like the lapels, both when they look straight and when they look to have a bit of belly.

1 person likes this.