• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Turner

Reaction score
is the one piece collar hidden button down? I'm thinking of getting one like this. Care to share your order#?

Exactly, order no. is 6300, medium unfused lining. The linens need some structure to roll nicely.

For hidden button-down, we also offer the option of magnets. We will make a small pocket on the underside of the collar for the magnet. You can insert the magnet in it and attach another to the inside of the shirt body.

Magnets will be provided too, 4 for $10.

I've have those pockets, but for the conventional buttons. I like them better the the regular loops, even if they are a bit fiddly. Thank you for the great job at the collar!

@Turner, that looks very nice! Would you mid adding your collar details to Timo's googledoc?

Sure, will do so over the easter holidays.

Last edited:

Displacement

Reaction score
That is a gorgeous collar, can't wait to steal it

TRMay - I have no idea how you develop the panache to pull off a wool onesie but I've got huge respect for you for nailing it. I can't even make an air tie look right and you make it look like the only correct answer.

Hope to see more of your posts in here

Last edited:

topos

Reaction score
I recently had a harrington jacket made. In fact I am pretty certain the navy one on the mannequin in the picture on Luxire's harrington jacket page is my jacket (because it has the very dark brown horn buttons I asked for, and I can see a side adjuster poking out). I essentially modeled it after the Baracuta g4, including side adjusters on the lower back and the scalloped back vent (which had a gaping issue my tailor fixed with a few tacks). What you can't see in the picture on their website is the inside, where they did a really nice job keeping the fabric lined up so that the inside looks clean, so I thought I'd share a picture. I wanted inside pockets with buttons on both sides to keep things secure. I took a flier on this - it was all based off measurements of shirts they have made for me, body measurements, and an educated guess about the proper length, and it came out fitting really well.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The waistband makes you look like you are wearing Depends. There is something very diaper like about it. Are you specifying that on purpose or does Luxire make disproportionally large waistbands without button loops?

Last edited:

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last one piece collar I made with Luxire looked exactly like the stuff they made for Turner which is nice but isn't really doing it for me, so I am going to send one of my Corneliani one piece to be copied.

IMG_00000075mod.jpg

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The waistband makes you look like you are wearing Depends. There is something very diaper like about it. Are you specifying that on purpose or does Luxire make disproportionally large waistbands without button loops?

That is not their default waistband. I always go for their standard waistband and it is tastefully sized with traditionally placed belt loops.

People are specifically asking for the cummerbundy waistbands, drag-chute pleats and nipple-high rises that you occasionally see here. I know. Me neither.

ckg1985

Reaction score
My experience with Luxire

Long time reader, but wanted to post about my first order with Luxire. I ordered the Warzone Plus White Oxford Button-Down on April 7th and received the shirt today, April 17th. That's fast.

I am new to the MTM shirt game, but got sized and ordered a shirt from Proper Cloth a month or two ago. Great process and nice shirt, but at 95 plus tax & shipping, PC's shirts start to get expensive. Read about Luxire here on styleforum and thought I would give them a whirl.

General commentary on shirt, fabric, fit, etc.

I basically copied the PC fit details plus some minor tweaks and am very happy with the fit. In comparison to the fabric on a Kamakura OCBD I just bought, I would say the Warzone fabric isn't quite as soft (but probably more durable). That said, the Kamakura shirt has had the benefit of a couple washes, this shirt is obviously right out of the box.

Construction quality seems very good. Measurements are true to the order. Standard button down collar has a nice roll and is very similar to the Kamakura collar.

For reference, I bought the slim in the Kamakura and while the fit is OK, the armholes are a bit too small so there is some pulling "X" across the chest and into the shoulder. Better fit with the Luxire shirt.

At $69 bucks all in and 10 days from order to delivery, I am very happy with the final product. I look forward to ordering more shirts.

SirJamesWinston

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Blue University Stripe Oxford ordered for shirt #4. Shirt #1: Classic Blue Oxford; #2 Classic Blue Oxford remake (heavier material than #1); Shirt #3 Sky Blue Oxford. Shirts 2-4 with Mercer roll. Will post pics at some point.

Turner

Reaction score

I was in a hurry and skipped the belt llop by accident:

Xtra

Reaction score
The last one piece collar I made with Luxire looked exactly like the stuff they made for Turner which is nice but isn't really doing it for me, so I am going to send one of my Corneliani one piece to be copied.

IMG_00000075mod.jpg

Looks good, which fabric is that?

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue University Stripe Oxford ordered for shirt #4. Shirt #1: Classic Blue Oxford; #2 Classic Blue Oxford remake (heavier material than #1); Shirt #3 Sky Blue Oxford. Shirts 2-4 with Mercer roll. Will post pics at some point.
Did you reference an order number to get the Mercer collar on your shirts or did you measure your own Mercer shirt?
The Mercer collar is in the collar spreadsheet, but when you search the order number in this thread you'll find that the order number is actually for an Epaulet collar. My mistake for not doing research before I ordered the shirt, but I am fine with the collar cause the Epaulet collar is actually very nice.

I had a good OCBD done by Luxire recently with Epaulet's collar measurements. Check them out and see if you like them. If so, you can just quote my order # to luxire and ask them to copy that collar & cuffs I think: order #2107, Classic Blue Oxford

I think that'd work.

SirJamesWinston

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
1x Blue University Stripes Oxford for $79.99 each

- Neck: 15.25
- Sleeve: 36.50
- Fit: Custom
- Collar: Button Down
- Cuff: 1-Button
- Back: Side Pleats
- Pocket: No
- Placket: Yes -

Custom_notes: Your custom style and fitting requirements:
#3361 Mercer collar, with a soft lined, unfused collar band and 0.5 inch lower 2nd button (thus all buttons are 0.5 inch lower). 3.5 inch long collar points and 4 inch spread between. No collar gap.

- Chest: 21.00
- Waist: 18.00
- Bottom: 19.00
- Yoke: 18.25
- Biceps: 7.75
- Armhole: 10.00
- CuffSize: 7.50
- Length: 31.00

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads