• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for an MTM shirtmaker, and debating giving Luxire a try. I recently had a Cottonwork shirt made, and I do not like the collars or cuffs--very stiff. It also took over a month to arrive, which is somewhat silly.

I have a couple of questions about Luxire that I'm hoping someone can answer for me:

1. I understand that you can copy a collar style from an existing shirt?
  2. How stiff or soft are the collars and cuffs? Can this be customized?
  3. How are you guys going about finding fabrics you like? I have to say, the website is a bit hard to use to find fabrics.
  4. Are the buttons Mother of Pearl? Are double-thickness MoP buttons available? I presume there would be an upcharge here--what would that cost me?
  5. I only see a couple of collar styles on the website--is there a list of other styles somewhere, or are you guys just having custom collars done outside of those?
  6. Construction--how well are they made?

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking for an MTM shirtmaker, and debating giving Luxire a try. I recently had a Cottonwork shirt made, and I do not like the collars or cuffs--very stiff. It also took over a month to arrive, which is somewhat silly.

I have a couple of questions about Luxire that I'm hoping someone can answer for me:
  1. I understand that you can copy a collar style from an existing shirt?
  2. How stiff or soft are the collars and cuffs? Can this be customized?
  3. How are you guys going about finding fabrics you like? I have to say, the website is a bit hard to use to find fabrics.
  4. Are the buttons Mother of Pearl? Are double-thickness MoP buttons available? I presume there would be an upcharge here--what would that cost me?
  5. I only see a couple of collar styles on the website--is there a list of other styles somewhere, or are you guys just having custom collars done outside of those?
  6. Construction--how well are they made?

1. Yes, collar or for that matter, any aspect of the shirt can be made as desired.
2. The spread collars are fused and medium stiff by default. The can be made of the desired thickness and stiffness, in both fused and unfused.
3. I agree. Better organization of data has been long due. Do PM me if there is any particular information you are looking for.
4. The buttons are MOP. They are 3.5 to 4mm thick. These are thickest we can offer at this time as have not been able to find those.
5. There is no real list of what we can make. As a true custom clothing maker, we will make what you desire. If you would like to see similar work to what you have in mind, do let me know and I would try and point you to images.
6. Fellow members will better answer this question. Will also give me a chance to get flattered, hopefully.

There is no upcharge for any kind of style or option chosen, except for handwork, which is extra.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply, luxire. Those are some seriously thick buttons, so I wouldn't worry about sourcing something thicker!

Definitely may give this a try. If I want you to copy the measurements of an existing shirt, do I send you that shirt, or do I provide measurements of that shirt?

koor

Reaction score
My first shirt came today(orange and blue tattersall). I am impressed. They nailed the specs dead on. I even asked for off the menu changes and they were all incorporated. Shipping was phenomenally fast. I definitely have my new go to shirting site. I'll be placing more orders in the near future.

manchambo

Reaction score
Luxire

I'm getting ready to make my second order and toying with the idea of an unfused collar. Are there certain fabric types that work better unfused? I sometimes see an unfused collar that seems to have an excess of fabric, which then gets creased when the shirt is pressed. I don't like that, but I'm unsure whether that's something that always happens with unfused, a sign of poor craftsmanship, a function of the fabric type, or something else.

Also, the fit of the first shirt is perfect except for the cuffs. What's the process for sending it back for re-sizing?

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better have your local alternations tailor move the buttons on the cuffs, not worth the effort to send it back imo.
Regarding fabrics for unfused collars, oxford cloth is the standard choice.

Last edited:

prozach1576

Reaction score
Cuff buttons are easy to move by yourself even if you don't know the first thing about sewing. Just buy a kit for a few dollars from CVS/Walgreens and look it up on YouTube.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That remains a limitation. We are working on adding the coin to all fabrics.

If there are any particular fabrics for which you would like scale information, do let me know.

Which windowpane are we talking about? This one has a real shirt also among the pictures.
I was talking about a few. The real shirts help tremendously. A coin works too.

Thanks for the update!

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

First post on SF, but long time reader. I currently have four Luxire shirts and will keep coming back. My 2Cs are that it may take a couple orders to get the shirts exactly the way you want them, but it is well worth the price. Don't expect extremely high end finishing, but well above off the rack shirts twice the price. My closet is full of Eton and Barba shirts, but find myself leaning towards Luxire for the customization (and at no additional charge!).

Previous post regarding return shipping prices is accurate and my only gripe.

I will post some pics soon regarding some of my customization choices. I think they will show some qualities of Luxire shirts that have not been posted yet.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was talking about a few. The real shirts help tremendously. A coin works too.

Thanks for the update!

For the new fabrics that we are adding, the scaling is uniform and coin is being added. We have started the process for the older ones too. Many of the older ones have a computer generated shirt image that accurately presents the scale.
All this will get better with time.

The tie pin is 6cm long.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Luxire

I'm getting ready to make my second order and toying with the idea of an unfused collar. Are there certain fabric types that work better unfused? I sometimes see an unfused collar that seems to have an excess of fabric, which then gets creased when the shirt is pressed. I don't like that, but I'm unsure whether that's something that always happens with unfused, a sign of poor craftsmanship, a function of the fabric type, or something else.

Also, the fit of the first shirt is perfect except for the cuffs. What's the process for sending it back for re-sizing?
Please contact customer service thought the Contact Us link here for the resizing.

The unfused collars on our older shirts were made using a traditional technique, which would show some loose fabric on certain fabrics. It would look good on some shirts and not so much on some others.

Since the last few months though, we use a new process, which results in a very flat collar, even if unfused.We have standardized to it now.

Tommi

Reaction score
In terms of color, does Copper Chino fabric look like this in real life?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In terms of color, does Copper Chino fabric look like this in real life?

I would say the top image is more like Copper Chino, we do have one similar to the bottom one too though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads