• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback.

We are putting on hold the plan to move to the standard shipping charge mechanism. So, nothing will really change.

Any duties will be billed by Fedex/DHL directly to the customer.

What we can do though is that, today onwards, all orders above $500 will be shipped as duty prepaid.

We can review this again in a 2-3 months if we come across a better mechanism.

Top priority would be to negotiate with a shipping service provider for waiver off the brokerage fee. Will also explore if these is a fast and reliable EMS option available.

Happy Shopping!

GradSchooler

Reaction score

Thank you all for the feedback.

We are putting on hold the plan to move to the standard shipping charge mechanism. So, nothing will really change.

Any duties will be billed by Fedex/DHL directly to the customer.

What we can do though is that, today onwards, all orders above $500 will be shipped as duty prepaid.

We can review this again in a 2-3 months if we come across a better mechanism.

Top priority would be to negotiate with a shipping service provider for waiver off the brokerage fee. Will also explore if these is a fast and reliable EMS option available.

Happy Shopping!

This is a decent compromise for those of us in countries with high duties and taxes who want to place orders for bigger items like suits and overcoats. I would have preferred the standard shipping charge system, personally, but this seems like a decent alternative.

On the topic of suits, can you provide a basic price point for suits (two and three piece) based on the current pant price points? In other words, if a pant in fabric 'X' would cost $179.99, what would a two or three piece suit in that same fabric cost? Same for pant fabrics at $199, $249, etc.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
How's the Luxire 2.0 website looking? It's mid March and still not rolled out yet.

henn

Reaction score
I have received my first order, a shirt in http://luxire.com/collections/all-sorted-by-price-low-to-high/products/sky-blue-oxford and a pair of chinos in http://luxire.com/collections/pants-sorted-by-price/products/grey-cotton-khaki. The later fabric seems to be a lot "shinier" than shown in the picture. Other than that i can't complain because i am still working on my fit and the pants turned out too tight for my taste, but a good start for adjustments.

The shirt fabric is great, a real steal at 60 dollars and my measures overall are not too far off, but i have encountered a similar problem as many others : Excess fabric in the lower back region. I wonder why this happens with so many shirts, every athletic male that has worked out for some time has a broad back supported by strong lat. muscles forming a v shape, whereas the lower back always stays relatively flat.
What measures i should adjust, can somebody point me to it ? I feel like when i adjust the waist it will be too tight without getting rid of the excess fabric.

Concerning the whole issue of customs and shipping: If the processing fee for clearing customs by DHL/Fedex, which i consider excessively high, is added on top of the regular customs bill, the big price advantage luxire has especially for us Euro paying customers at the moment will become very small, in many cases too small compared to the various euro online taylor shops, especially taking into account the fact that those offer sending back unfitting shirts at low or no cost whereas luxire customers have to pay their own shipping for remake.
Right now the risk is justified by the very good quality/price ratio offered by Luxire.

I doubt Luxire has the volume to get DHL to not charge processing fees for it's shipment, tough i hope the company could achieve this.

Last edited:

Spurious

Reaction score

This would be great. How much would the surcharge be roughly? Or would it be according to the specific country?

zeBanker

Reaction score
I also support the duty plan!
I'm not sure if you saw it, but, Luxire, I don't remember and can't find how you handle making trousers with a cloth that is sent in. Could I use the Fedex offer Clap posted and what would it costs to make trousers without the fabric?
Thanks!

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the only option for sending something in the FedEx option linked above? Wasn't there a NY option? Does the NY option use regular post, or is it safe? Because others have said that the Indian post isn't that safe.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is the only option for sending something in the FedEx option linked above? Wasn't there a NY option? Does the NY option use regular post, or is it safe? Because others have said that the Indian post isn't that safe.

All the instructions are available here:
http://luxire.com/pages/replicate-existing-shirt

It's gotta be cheaper than the pre-paid Fedex option, which seems priced to go directly to India. Might take longer since I assume they do some batch shipping from the NJ location.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sent in a shirt to get replicated on my very first order. I sent it regular Canada post mail and it got there in about 5 days. As a Toronto member you know FED ex will **** you.

I sent it to the NJ location as instructed

Last edited:

sholom

Reaction score
Is the consensus that replicating a current shirt provides a more accurate product than sending in measurements?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is a decent compromise for those of us in countries with high duties and taxes who want to place orders for bigger items like suits and overcoats. I would have preferred the standard shipping charge system, personally, but this seems like a decent alternative.

I too think that a standard would be great. We do not see it as a cross-subsidy, but see it as an all inclusive price plus peace of mind.

Everyone gets the same item at the same price. We end up shielding you from the government by taking a part of the hit.

On the topic of suits, can you provide a basic price point for suits (two and three piece) based on the current pant price points? In other words, if a pant in fabric 'X' would cost $179.99, what would a two or three piece suit in that same fabric cost? Same for pant fabrics at $199, $249, etc.

Best discussed over email. We will remove the confusion soon on the website too.

How's the Luxire 2.0 website looking? It's mid March and still not rolled out yet.

Was asked by the developer to provide default values. So, will begin QA this week. Another 2-3 weeks, possibly.

This would be great. How much would the surcharge be roughly? Or would it be according to the specific country?

If I understand the question correctly, there would be no surcharge. We will pay the duties.

I also support the duty plan!
I'm not sure if you saw it, but, Luxire, I don't remember and can't find how you handle making trousers with a cloth that is sent in. Could I use the Fedex offer Clap posted and what would it costs to make trousers without the fabric?
Thanks!

CMT: Shirts $60, pants $90. Fabric should be sent to our office in India. The link can be used for sending. Can be paid for here.

In the notes, one can write: Sending fabric for shirt / pants. The measurements can be provided in the notes too.

The NJ option is there too. We are trying to standardize the process globally. Thus, the Fedex/DHL option will be primary. Before we do that, we need better rates. We are working on the same.

All the instructions are available here:
http://luxire.com/pages/replicate-existing-shirt

It's gotta be cheaper than the pre-paid Fedex option, which seems priced to go directly to India. Might take longer since I assume they do some batch shipping from the NJ location.

The NJ option takes longer due to the batching. Fedex option will be slightly more expensive than present but not as much as it is currently for US customers.

Spurious

Reaction score

If I understand the question correctly, there would be no surcharge. We will pay the duties.

While this would be awesome, I hope it's also profitable. Dont want to see you guys go away.
But as I said, awesome if you went through with this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads