1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. althanis

althanis Senior member

I think the sleeves might be okay, because you want there to be room for when you bend your elbow, so that the sleeve doesn't run up your wrist. What I suggest is maybe making the cuffs smaller, so they lie a bit further up your arm, and still give you leeway for bending your elbow.

Shoulders seem to be hanging off the sides by half an inch or so.

You mentioned armholes already.

2. jaidog

jaidog Well-Known Member

Luxire,

I was under the impression that none of your materials were transparent. The shirt below (Pale Blue Poplin 2/100) appears to be somewhat see-through since the sleeves of the undershirt are visible. I'm thinking of ordering an MTM shirt which I will wear over a t-shirt. I would like the t-shirt to remain hidden. Any specific materials which I should avoid, or is it better just to ask about specific ones prior to ordering?

Quote:

3. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  4. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

I think your collar points need to be longer for that angle of cutaway. They're floating off the shirt.

5. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

That's informative. Do you have links to the other parts? They seem to be broken.

6. tillyato

tillyato Member

+1

I'd love to read the rest of that series of articles.

7. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Here you go http://www.customshirt1.com/ArchiveOne.htm

Also if you google AskAndyAboutClothes/Styleforum + Alex Kabbaz + a specific keyword on shirts, you have great chances to find interesting discussions and questions answered by Mr. Kabbaz.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I didn't have the collar stays in, with them I think it's fine. Btw, what's up with the button?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

I like the see thru women's pureness body suit! On a separate note I received two shirts today in the white and blue bengal stripe (stripes are about 4mm) and the light blue micro herringbone and both fabrics seem very nice.

10. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

It is better with the stays. If you were going to go stay-less then I'd lengthen by .25". I think Luxire's unfused cutaway collars look great without stays, myself, but everyone has their own preference of couse. I posted a picture of my collar some time ago in this thread.

Not sure about the button, is the collar too big? Probably best to ask the experts at Luxire itself.

11. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think this is "normal" and "natural". In fused collars, we add an extra layer to the fronts of the collar band so that they stay flat.

The unfused collars have just the soft interlining inside, thus rolling. Some people like to attach 2 buttons to solve the "problem" and some attach the button higher.

I think that either is not required. Typically, with the collar button buttoned, we would be wearing a tie and the bend would not be seen.

Would love to be educated though.

The collar looks really nice.

1 person likes this.
  12. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Has anyone else had problems with buttons chipping?
    Two of my three Luxire shirts have had cuff buttons chip (come to think of it, the other shirt has french cuffs). The buttons are still usable, but they don't look as good, and I fear they might be a bit sharp or rough in places.

13. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

I have two shirts which have been washed about 10 times each, and I have had no chipping. I advise you to button up the shirt and turn it inside out before washing to lower the chances of the buttons getting destroyed.

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

That's an issue with mother of pearl buttons in general.

Turn the shirt inside out as Christian B suggested.

1 person likes this.
  15. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

Thanks for your replies, gentlemen - I didn't know that washing them buttoned and inside-out would make a difference. I figured that washing on cold and hang drying would be sufficient, but clearly I was mistaken. Fortunately there's an extra button on each shirt, so I can just replace the chipped ones.

16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Never wash your shirts with the buttons done up.

You can wash them inside out however to reduce the chance of chipping by facing the button away from the drum of the washing machine.

17. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

How in the world will that help? The buttons will, with a high possibility, still hit the drum when the shirt isn't buttoned. I have had no problems with any of my shirts from Luxire so far, and an older shirt which is probably washed in the similar way over 80 times shows no sign of chipping of the mop-buttons or anything else regarding the buttons getting destroyed.

18. dancingbear

dancingbear Senior member

Luxire, have the larger buttons come in yet? I am getting close to placing a second order and would like to have those in before I do. BTW, the current buttons are holding up very well for me. I am pleased with the quality.

19. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes, they are here, wonderful 4mm thick buttons in sizes 18L and 14L. Made of the highest quality MOP.

We are charging $10 extra for these. The same can be paid here by adding $10 to cart along with the shirt order.

20. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

When you say 4mm thick, do you mean height? Like if I lay the botton on the table, it is 4mm high? That is a stupendously thick button.