1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Cheers!

It doesn't seem to calculate the price properly though. In the price table it says that the kind of item I'm sending, from group B, should be charged $30, but when I choose this option I'm charged $55(?!) It's still not that much money, but it seems weird that it's almost double the amount.

2. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

Group B items were, about a month or two ago, when I last used it, $40 at the cheapest, with the other prices being $55 and $70. It seems the prices have lowered, at least in the table, but the actual price is behind the update.

I am glad the prices for us living in Nowhereland has lowered!

3. EFV

Perhaps @luxire can help make it clear.

4. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Senior member

Regarding shipping to Luxire, how would we determine, "You also need to add the packet dimensions (length x width x height) and weight to the notes". Should we quote the required box size or the garment dimensions so that Luxire determine the required box?

Additionally, what sort of duties could be charged when sending in old garments for replication? Is there any way to print a label to avoid this?

Lastly, is the cost of returning the garment absorbed when the new garment is shipped out, so long as it qualifies for free shipping?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  5. Shirter

Shirter Member

I would be very attracted by this at a sufficient discount.

As suggested elsewhere, it would make sense to let the customer specify "Nothing especially warm" or "Only especially warm fabrics" or "whatever you have".

Luxire, if you wonder about the level of interest, consider this a positive vote!

6. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

I have sent in both my best pair of bespoke trousers and custom shirt, on more than one occasion. Both were sent in different orders, and were sent to the NJ address. All items sent in were returned with the order with no additional cost to me.

I may receive a bill from FedEx at some point, but I have not yet.

My shipping cost was the total to get it to NJ.

Best,

DL-

1 person likes this.
  7. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

This is a recount of my experience. I shipped from the EU, at the end of May.

When I shipped a shirt, I measured a box I had received another shirt in. When it comes to weight, Luxire stated previously they get billed with 0.5kg increments, as in, any 0.5kg increment increases the quote for them.

After a few days of ordering the prepaid shipping, I received a set of labels and proforma invoices in an email, printed them, called FedEx and they picked up the parcel.

Duties were to be paid by the consignee (Luxire) according to the shipping labels. After two months, I have not received any additional invoices.

The original was shipped at no additional cost.

1 person likes this.
  8. STL Metropolis

STL Metropolis Well-Known Member

@luxire

Was thinking only a single shirt "grab bag" idea. For example, if customer ordered 2-3 shirts at regular price then the option is available for purchase an additional shirt from the "grab bag" fabric option.

The 3 for $100 is also a good idea. Though, I think it would be better to start with a single shirt.

I'd like to hear Luxire's take on the ability reduce/purge inventory of fabric stock and other ideas that make the most economic sense when it comes down to shipping/production costs? Does it help with speed of production while cutting/tailoring 3-4 shirts vs single shirt order?

Yes, its a total crapshoot for the customer. However, given the creativity and $$$ spent here on this forum - you might stumble upon something awesome you might not otherwise order. If the customer already has developed their pattern, at least you know you will be getting a well fitting shirt. It all depends on the price vs. risk factor.

Could also work for "grab bag" trouser as well.

9. STL Metropolis

STL Metropolis Well-Known Member

Yes. Another idea is to suggest something like "Conservative Business Dress" so you didn't end up with a crazy Hawaiian pattern shirt.

10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Most definite this is a great idea. I use different measurements, depending on whether the shirt is a dress shirt, which is usually longer and more tapered towards the waist while my casual shirts are finished differently and less tapered.

Something such as:

High end fabric CBD fabric
    Low end fabric CBD fabric
    High end fabric casual fabric
    Low end fabric casual fabric

I would pretty much partake in a couple of these if grab bag comes to fruition.

11. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

I bought the pink end-on-end 100/2 and I think it's a very solid fabric for the price.

12. bbob2013

bbob2013 Senior member

My fourth order came in this week and I think I finally nailed down my measurements.

This has been a good (although somewhat pricey) learning experience for me. I approached this with an open mind and a willingness to make some mistakes and take a few hits to get my fit right. I think I have finally got everything really close. To make things more complicated I have been losing weight, so my pattern has been evolving.

Pants:

Pants have been the most challenging for me to get right, and the item I was most interested in having made from the onset. So far I have had three chinos made in separate orders. On my most current order, I requested an elastic strip for a shirt keeper in the waist band (my dress slacks have this) it was done successfully. Haven't worn these out yet so can't speak of the utility of this feature but wanted to let people see it in case there are opinions or thoughts.

Shirts:

Shirts have been a little easier for me to get to happy fit place. I have used a lot of the suggestions and tips in the thread to make adjustments along the way. So far what has rely improved fit for me was: reducing back waist (to reduce billowing in lower back), adjustments for shoulder slope, tapering sleeves (although I think I over did it on my latest order), and I did a single cuff pleat which came out fine. As mentioned earlier the standard BD collar is pretty good, I have just been stating the point length (3'') and have been more than satisfied.

Replication, items sent from US:

I have sent items to NJ and have used the latest pre paid fedex feature. Both methods worked flawlessly, and I highly recommend sending a good fitting item to start your base. Turn around time for me was about a month door to door for either replication option (NJ or direct)

Shirt: Pink Graph Checks
    Pants: Indigo Blue Twill Chino
    Both fabrics I can recommend!

Sorry for the bad iPhone pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Got another Luxire order in today and, once again, it's all fantastic. Thanks to the team there.

I've come to the conclusion that getting your pant and shirt fit down is incredibly dangerous.... and not something people should really aspire to....

1x Sky Blue Oxford - Collar: Custom - Cuff: Custom - Back: Custom Pleats - Pocket: Custom - Placket: Custom - Custom_notes: NOTES: Your custom style and fitting requirements:
    for $59.99 each
    As good as everyone says it is (at least the iteration I got). Light enough to get 3 season wear. Perfect pale shade of blue

1x Warzone Plus White Oxford - Collar: Custom - Cuff: Custom - Back: Custom Pleats - Pocket: Custom - Placket: Custom - Custom_notes: NOTES: Your custom style and fitting requirements:
    for $69.99 each
    Have ordered this before - starts fairly heavy and stiff, but softens up markedly after 3-4 washes. Just fine for a basic white oxford, in lieu of a Brembana oxford.

1x Light Blue University Stripes Oxford - Collar: Custom - Cuff: Custom - Back: Custom Pleats - Pocket: Custom - Placket: Custom - Custom_notes: NOTES: Your custom style and fitting requirements:
    for $89.99 each
    Very similar to the Sky Blue Oxford. It does seem that they both come from the same mill (Brembana). The same lovely lightness. Highly recommended

1x Mid Grey Wool Flannel 100% Wool for $129.99 each
    Heavy and thick. Not the most dressy/classy looking flannel I have encountered - it is certainly a more casual/odd trouser fabric than a formal trouser. Not a fabric for a jacket. Will do the job on cold days. It's also significantly brighter than in the website image. It is definitely a mid to light grey, not the charcoal it appears to be on the website.This is a more accurate image http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/cd/cdaa8315_Photo2005-05-2014200920452008.jpeg

1x Fed Blue Twill Chino for $99.99 each
    More vibrant Navy than the Steel Blue Chino. Not a midnight navy - a definite dark navy. Perfect for odd navy trousers IMO. Holds a crease well.

Every Brembana fabric I have ordered has been great. Same goes for all the cheaper 'branded' fabrics too, really (Monti, Alumo). If in doubt, they are worth the extra $$.

14. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We have made it a few times before. Just the image will be enough.
    Best would be to request pre-washed. We do not wash denim products by default as some like them raw.

Will hold a crease.

The error was corrected.

It is best to ship in a Pak, the plastic cover that shipping companies provide. These are light and safe. You can add the item in another protective poly case for added safety. Best to avoid any internal packaging like cardboard or form packaging. These increase the bulk and the weight.

Less than 1% of the packets attract duties when shipped to us, if marked properly. Used clothing have little commercial value and should thus be marked accordingly.

Depends on multiple factors. Like, if you order a shirt to combine shipping for a coat, it does not work.

Warm for someone may be cool for someone else. A mid-weight Oxford can be an example.
    Overall, given the variables involved, this does not look like a great option now.

1 person likes this.
  15. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Cheers for using me as the image; I was browsing through this thread and went "HEY THAT'S ME!". Pretty chuffed.

Called me ma and told her I was internet famous [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. EFV

Cheers! Really looking forward to this order.

17. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    3 people like this.
  18. thebrownman

thebrownman Senior member

Disappointingly, the top buttonhole on my Luxire jeans is unravelling after less than 10 wears. Never had an issue with the workmanship on Luxire garments before.

19. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Sorry to hear mate, Just got a new shipment last night. 1 x summer chambray blue shirt, navy pique long sleeve polo and navy flannel trousers. Wearing the polo today it's fantastic.

@luxire On the forward pleats on my trousers, the pleats seem a little shallow and short (my first forward pleats with you). And the resulting line isn't as clean as I'd like. Can I request they be made longer and deeper than your default, similar to below or should I add a little extra to the thigh measurement and they will adjust accordingly?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Senior member

Thanks a lot! I'll get that for my next pink dress shirt, then. Cheers!