Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luxire, Jun 20, 2012.

1. luxire

luxire Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

No, pants are not deconstructed, only measured.

Tapes are added on some pants based on fabric and style chosen, while on others overlock is done.

If there is a preference for tapes, they can be requested for no additional charge.

2. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Got it, thank you.

3. atoms

atoms Senior member

Thank you for the personal compliment. I am very happy with the shirts. I'm not sure I'm capable of providing anything better than Luxire's photos for the fabric, and fit remains partially subjective. But I think you would be pleased if you contacted Luxire directly and wait for a response. They've always gotten back to me via email although it's sometimes taken a couple days. To be clear, I went through two shirt orders before I was able to nail down the fit for this final one. And the three shirts in my last order are very consistent in relation to each other. Only my first shirt was a complete throw away due to my armhole's measurements being way off, as well as a few other less critical mistakes. If I owned a well fitting shirt, I'd have sent it in. But I didn't. In all cases, they provided a product exactly to my specifications, so I cannot fault them for anything. Despite the one throw away, I'm very pleased with my experience and I consider it a small investment into the company.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

4. luxire

5. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Second iteration of the Luxire MTM process, feedback on what adjustments to make from here would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

On another note, for future purchase potential, Luxire do you have a fabric that looks like this in terms of color/design/scale:
    [​IMG]

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

Probably tighten up the cuffs, and take off half an inch off the shoulders.

8. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

PiCcolocV, first off all, to me you do look quite nice in the shirt.
    The most important question is, how do you feel wearing the shirt?
    It's your shirt and you have to feel comfortable, SF standards or looks alone don't make a good shirt.
    Do you feel any restrictions in movement?
    Does the shirt ride up if you move your arms or put on a jacket?

Other from those questions, which you can only answer yourself, and besides althanis suggestions, personally I'd try to move the armhole even higher and slim the sleeves.
    Take into consideration I like my armholes to sit extremely high and my sleeves very slim.
    Also, do you have a bit of a hollow back?
    Maybe you could balance front and back a bit better to reduce some fabric in the back.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

9. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

The pics and satisfaction you guys have from your purchases here has inspired me to take the plunge, If you have a shirt that you love the fit of already in your wardrobe is measuring that up the best way to go?

10. chuckb

chuckb Senior member

I'd say so, yes. I've been quite happy with my first two shirts, which were based off of measurements of some shirts I already had (with some modifications).

11. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Would the royal oxford fabrics be appropriate for spread collar dress shirts? I would like a few shirts with a fabric more substantial (read: easier to iron in a hurry) than poplin but not all the way to regular oxford.

12. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

Prozach, I am in Arlington too - just out of curiosity, which tailor do you use in the area?

13. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

For a couple of years I used Matt's Tailoring in downtown Falls Church. I picked him more or less arbitrarily and kept going back because he was cheap and the work was decent. I found that the quality of the work fell off (clear he was putting a lot of pieces out) and he was missing promise dates (and not calling me, so I'd have to make an extra trip). I have since gone to Reed's Custom Tailor on Lee Highway in Arlington. I've only had a chance to bring him a pair of trousers but the work was excellent, fast, and fairly priced. I suspect he will be my tailor of choice from now on.

14. luxire

Royal Oxford, or for that matter, even pinpoint, would be perfect for such use.

15. luxire

Perfect match?

[​IMG]