• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I received a couple of shirts from Luxire yesterday. I think I've found my new main supplier of shirts.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The first output of the quilted vest project we had started last month.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And usually what goes up must come down and yet that's not what we're talking about...

It's just advice, no need to be so hostile. If he thinks it fits perfectly, then that's wonderful, but if you post something here you're going to get some feedback.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like things are moving fast from luxire. I paid for a shirt 6 days ago and it was shipped last night, that's fast boys!

Mykn

Reaction score

Well said.  If you set realistic expectations then you will not point the finger at places it does not belong. 

This is the order for  best fitting to worse fitting first attempt:

1.  Sending in a replicate shirt/trousers and make tweaks to it (e.g. minus 0.5 inches in bicep from replicate)
2.  Measuring your best fitting shirt/trousers and submitting those measurements (using Luxire's measuring guide)
3.  Measuring your body and submitting those measurement

Here's the problem, Luxire's website does nothing to set those expectations. Now that I've gone through the process, I'd agree with your order of best to worse, but again, Luxire does nothing to indicate this on their site. Because of these two reasons, I do point the finger at Luxire.

If you're used to MTM clothing then you know what to expect, but if you're brand new to it, you don't and apparently set your expectations too high. Silly me, thinking I'd get a wearable piece of clothing from a shirt maker.

dohare

Reaction score
i dont think Luxire should be at the end of your frustration because of your own ignorance about the process.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i dont think Luxire should be at the end of your frustration because of your own ignorance about the process.

He makes a fair point. If someone isn't comfortable measuring their body then the product won't turn out so well.

Maybe luxire in the future can suggest the best method to nail the shirt down. I sent my shirt in because someone from another local forum did the same and said it came out perfect

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's the problem, Luxire's website does nothing to set those expectations. Now that I've gone through the process, I'd agree with your order of best to worse, but again, Luxire does nothing to indicate this on their site. Because of these two reasons, I do point the finger at Luxire.

If you're used to MTM clothing then you know what to expect, but if you're brand new to it, you don't and apparently set your expectations too high. Silly me, thinking I'd get a wearable piece of clothing from a shirt maker.

Online MTM is a fickle business, and it takes time to get things right. This is not Luxire's fault, it's just the nature of the beast. You could have picked any one of dozens of online MTM retailers and chances are you would have gotten the same result, and if you did get a perfect fitting shirt on the first try it would have been dumb luck. Patience is the most important quality to have when dialing in your fit. I've been getting online MTM shirts made for four years, so I have plenty of experience with this.

Also, Luxire has some test shirt fabrics for something like $29.99. If there's one thing Luxire can do better for new customers I'd say it would be advertising these test shirts.

zeBanker

Reaction score
Overcoat is getting produced, ordered another navy twill trouser and a linen-cotton shirt, really looking forward to that stuff!
nod[1].gif

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Looking very good but very slightly too tight, no?

It looks slightly too tight in that pic, but it's not. I can move freely without strains in the fabric. It's very comfy.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When will swatches of the Brisbane Moss fabrics be available?
When can one expect you to order a new batch of buttons?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads